Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Discussion Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 251

spizzamarozzi

Irysse wrote:

Admittedly, it took some time for me to believe myself when I reasoned it out to be Fulbright, because he was the first character that you've known for multiple cases yet his true nature only gets revealed in the very last one. All of the other major antagonists' crimes are revealed in the very case they're introduced, but we see Fulbright a lot before we find out that's not the real Fulbright and the one in front of us is actually a psychopath. This is the closest the series has gotten to a betrayal of not just the characters, but the player. The fact that he was endearing in the same way Gumshoe was endearing did not help.

I didn't reason out the Phantom was Fulbright and still it feels a bit...cheap! I mean, in my mind it was just an alternate Gumshoe and being a fan of the serie I know too well these kind of characters should never be the culprit. I honestly was open to all kind of bizzarre revelations (ghosts, spirits...whatever!) but the thought of the clumsy detective never crossed my mind. Even going by exclusion, Fulbright was at the bottom of my list of suspects because it's a character you learn to appreciate too much during the whole game.
Come to think of it, the AA serie is written by the same author of Ghost Trick: PHANTOM DETECTIVE. Would be nice if those two words together were of any inspiration for the developement of the plot!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

kkslider5552000

GuardianKing wrote:

How is this game length wise? I've only really finished the first one, and even though it was loads of fun, I felt it was quite short.

short? By what standards?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LzWinky

20 hours for me

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ralizah

GuardianKing wrote:

How is this game length wise? I've only really finished the first one, and even though it was loads of fun, I felt it was quite short.

The first game was one of the longest, if I recall, thanks to the addition of that super-long fifth case in the DS version. If you find that to be too short...

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

GuardianKing

Ralizah wrote:

GuardianKing wrote:

The first game was one of the longest, if I recall, thanks to the addition of that super-long fifth case in the DS version. If you find that to be too short...

@Ralizah Oh, I didn't finish the DS version's 5th quest. I was referring to the original main game.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Ralizah

GuardianKing wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

GuardianKing wrote:

@Ralizah Oh, I didn't finish the DS version's 5th quest. I was referring to the original main game.

If you want to pursue the series, you really should look into Rise from the Ashes. A character from it figures pretty prominently in Apollo Justice.

Trials and Tribulations is one of the longer games, thanks to the last case, which is second only to RftA in length. Justice for All and Apollo Justice go by somewhat quickly, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

LzWinky

About the same. It has 5 cases plus a 6th DLC one

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Aside from costumes, no. The Ace Attorney team is already working on the next entry

Edited on by LzWinky

RevolverLink

If you enjoyed the first game in the series, I see no reason why you wouldn't enjoy Dual Destinies too. And I would definitely recommend going back to Rise from the Ashes, Justice for All, Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice at some point, if you get the chance. They're all great, and Trials and Tribulations is the series crowning achievement, as far as I'm concerned,

GuardianKing wrote:

What about replayability?

I replay the main series every couple of years or so, but beyond wanting to experience the stories and spend time with all of the characters again, there's pretty much nothing in any of the games (including Dual Destinies) to make a player come back after they've finished.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Xyphon22

This seemed like the best place to ask this rather than creating a whole new thread. I just finished the Apollo Justice game. Should I try to track down a copy of the Miles Edgeworth game next, or is it completely irrelevant to everything else and I should go with Dual Destinies next and just get around to the Edgeworth game whenever I can? Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

GrizzlyArctos

@Xyphon22: Dual Destinies comes after Apollo Justice in the timeline, so if you wanted to play them in that order, Dual Destinies would be best. Investigations comes before Apollo Justice, but has no real impact on the overall story, so you can pretty much play it independently of the rest of the series. I'd definitely recommend playing it though, I really enjoyed it.

Yes, I like bears.

Xyphon22

@GrizzlyArctos Thanks. I assumed it didn't matter, kind of like the Professor Layton crossover (which I've already played), but just wanted to make sure. I didn't realize it actually comes before Apollo Justice, though. I may just go ahead and try to get it anyway, since Dual Destinies goes on sale so often I will wait for that to happen again before I buy it.

Xyphon22

Xyphon22

I finally beat the game yesterday (the main five cases, at least). I'm torn about the game overall. I thought the final case was definitely the worst of all the final cases in the series, but the Legal Academy case was one of my favorites, maybe even second only to the final case in Trials and Tribulations. I came on here to ask if the DLC case was worth it, but reading through the comments everyone seems to agree that it is, so I'll get that whenever eShop cards go on sale somewhere. Is there any point in getting the costume DLC, though? I know it's only $0.99, but that still doesn't really seem worth it.

Xyphon22

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic