3DS Forum

Topic: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Discussion Thread

Showing 221 to 236 of 236

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

221. Posted:

Irysse wrote:

Admittedly, it took some time for me to believe myself when I reasoned it out to be Fulbright, because he was the first character that you've known for multiple cases yet his true nature only gets revealed in the very last one. All of the other major antagonists' crimes are revealed in the very case they're introduced, but we see Fulbright a lot before we find out that's not the real Fulbright and the one in front of us is actually a psychopath. This is the closest the series has gotten to a betrayal of not just the characters, but the player. The fact that he was endearing in the same way Gumshoe was endearing did not help.

I didn't reason out the Phantom was Fulbright and still it feels a bit...cheap! I mean, in my mind it was just an alternate Gumshoe and being a fan of the serie I know too well these kind of characters should never be the culprit. I honestly was open to all kind of bizzarre revelations (ghosts, spirits...whatever!) but the thought of the clumsy detective never crossed my mind. Even going by exclusion, Fulbright was at the bottom of my list of suspects because it's a character you learn to appreciate too much during the whole game.
Come to think of it, the AA serie is written by the same author of Ghost Trick: PHANTOM DETECTIVE. Would be nice if those two words together were of any inspiration for the developement of the plot!

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

222. Posted:

How is this game length wise? I've only really finished the first one, and even though it was loads of fun, I felt it was quite short. :|

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

223. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

How is this game length wise? I've only really finished the first one, and even though it was loads of fun, I felt it was quite short. :|

short? By what standards?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

224. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 Hours of gameplay, maybe?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

225. Posted:

20 hours for me

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

226. Posted:

@Unca_Lz What about replayability?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

227. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

The first game was one of the longest, if I recall, thanks to the addition of that super-long fifth case in the DS version. If you find that to be too short...

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

228. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

GuardianKing wrote:

The first game was one of the longest, if I recall, thanks to the addition of that super-long fifth case in the DS version. If you find that to be too short...

@Ralizah Oh, I didn't finish the DS version's 5th quest. I was referring to the original main game. :P

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

229. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

GuardianKing wrote:

@Ralizah Oh, I didn't finish the DS version's 5th quest. I was referring to the original main game. :P

If you want to pursue the series, you really should look into Rise from the Ashes. A character from it figures pretty prominently in Apollo Justice.

Trials and Tribulations is one of the longer games, thanks to the last case, which is second only to RftA in length. Justice for All and Apollo Justice go by somewhat quickly, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

230. Posted:

@Ralizah How does Dual Destinies stand in comparison to all that, then?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

231. Posted:

About the same. It has 5 cases plus a 6th DLC one

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

232. Posted:

@Unca_Lz Any news on more DLC?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

233. Posted:

Aside from costumes, no. The Ace Attorney team is already working on the next entry

Edited on by WaLzgi

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

234. Posted:

@Unca_Lz Wow, that was fast! :O Seriously though, I'm only asking to make sure it's worth my money (especially since there's no refund on downloads). :|

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

235. Posted:

Did you enjoy the first game as much as anyone? Then yes.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

236. Posted:

If you enjoyed the first game in the series, I see no reason why you wouldn't enjoy Dual Destinies too. And I would definitely recommend going back to Rise from the Ashes, Justice for All, Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice at some point, if you get the chance. They're all great, and Trials and Tribulations is the series crowning achievement, as far as I'm concerned,

GuardianKing wrote:

What about replayability?

I replay the main series every couple of years or so, but beyond wanting to experience the stories and spend time with all of the characters again, there's pretty much nothing in any of the games (including Dual Destinies) to make a player come back after they've finished.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink