Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Discussion Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 251

DualWielding

anyone know how long is the DLC case and if there are gonna be any additional DLC cases? BTW have you have noticed that Dual Destinies is at the top of the recent release charts on the 3DS Eshop, it beat Dillon and Metroid which were free for club nintendo members and x and y so that is good news for the series

PSN: Fertheseeker

Spoony_Tech

Does the placement of the game determine how well it sells?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

The dlc case is live and took only 30 seconds to dl! Im still only just starting the 4th case though!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Only literally 10 or so minutes put into the game so far, and I'm reminded why I love this series so much. Most games could only dream of having this level of personality.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Firewhisper

Well I just finished the DLC and really enjoyed it, the case was pretty sizeable and was definitely as good as the rest of the game. There were quite a few anime cutscenes in the case too, and they all unlock at the end of the case in the extras menu alongside the illustrations, as well as a new costume for Phoenix.

I really hope they add in more cases or get right to work on Ace Attorney 6, that or do a digital release for Edgeworth Investigations 2. I only started playing the first game a few months ago and went through all of them, and I still want more!

Firewhisper

ClockworkMario

@Firewhisper
Sadly, this was the only DLC-case they made, but now that they have laid the groundwork (engine, main character animations, reoccurring backgrounds etc.) maybe AA 6 isn't too far away. I mean there was only one year between the Japanese release of the first and second games, so perhaps March-July 2015 would be my bet. At least there's the Ace Attorney vs. Prof Layton game due next year to look forward to.

DLC was well worth the 5€ indeed. Lots of cutscene's and a truly surprising ending. I honestly didn't expect it to end the way it did. IMO the DLC beats easily case 2 from the actual game and ties with case 3.

Edited on by ClockworkMario

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Knuckles

Wow, I spent a lot of time on that dlc last night, played it for 5ish hours, didn't go to sleep until 2 AM PST.
Anyway, the case is easily worth the $6, and it is the 3rd longest case in the game.

This case reminded me of Case 3 in Justice for All, in both cases I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going in the end. Although the difference for me in the DLC, I wanted to sleep so maybe my brain was shutting down. But I do remember thinking the criminal actually didn't do it in either cases, expecting another witness to be put on the stand.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

RevolverLink

I just reached the big twist of case 5 and... well... HOLY CRAP!

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Firewhisper

I surprised and annoyed myself by working out the twist in advance, I obviously don't want to spoil anyone who reads this but... The hand, I made the connection well before the reveal, maybe I have Apollo's powers without the bracelet?

Firewhisper

GamecubeMan

What country does the series take place? I am on Case 2 and these kinds of superstitions and monsters do not seem America. :3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

RevolverLink

GamecubeMan wrote:

What country does the series take place? I am on Case 2 and these kinds of superstitions and monsters do not seem America. :3

Well, the original Japanese version, Gyakuten Saiban, takes place in Japan, while the North American localization of it, Ace Attorney, has tried to play it off as "Los Angeles/Southern California"- or at least it did initially.

I don't recall any of the Ace Attorney games or manuals after the first one explicitly stating where the series takes place; whenever the setting is brought up in-game, it's always referred to with vague language such as "our country" or "this nation". There are clues about where it isn't taking place though: the immigrant families from Japan and characters that have gone overseas to study law/forensics/etc. in Europe being the most obvious ones. I think it's relatively safe to assume that the "Ace Attorney" version of the series is still taking place in the US.

Personally, I like to imagine that the games take place in a weird country known as "Japanifornia".

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

kkslider5552000

this game is so good omg

I think they're trying to one-up the first case of the previous AA game, every time they make an AA game. I had no idea how much I missed this series, going through 4 games in less than 2 years and then getting only 1 fairly good spinoff since after 2008. Maybe I'm rusty but I got stuck a couple of times, I spent quite a bit of time on the first case.

Mytoemytoe

The DLC case is easily on par with any case in the main game. Marlon Rimes rap skills are out of control!

Mytoemytoe

Nintendo Network ID: mytoemytoe | Twitter:

Warruz

Good to know its worth it, I just finished the School case so I look forward to the DLC once im done.

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

LzWinky

In the DLC, a whale testifies

This is why the DLC is worth it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

YES

9 TAILED FOX WRESTLER HERE TO SAVE THE DAY~!

also here's a fun drinking game only like 20 minutes into case 2. Every time something Japanese needs to be explained or needs to be justified as to why it's in America, take a drink.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic