Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Discussion Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 251

Spoony_Tech

@RevolverLink Thanks for the info and what you said up above worked. Now back to the case. Thanks again!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RevolverLink

You're welcome, I'm glad that I could be of some assistance!

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Mytoemytoe

This game rules. Text-based adventure games aren't for everybody but the Wright stories are wild, the characters are usually hilarious and the payoffs always worth it. This is one of the best in the series and anyone who likes puzzles and procedural TV crime dramas should check it out. I hope it sells well.

Mytoemytoe

Nintendo Network ID: mytoemytoe | Twitter:

Kolzig

How much English spoken audio is in the game, is it really only in the cutscenes? I was thinking it would've been brilliant to get the audio in Japanese as an option just like Squenix will do with Bravely Default, but if it's only in a couple of cutscenes then I guess one could manage with the English audio only.

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

RevolverLink

@Kolzig - As far as I can tell, aside from the classic one-or-two word interjections the series is well known for, the VA is only present for the anime cutscenes, which are pretty brief and spread out.

95-98% of the time, characters speak with the same old blips and bloops they've always used.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

PhoenixWright

Ha ha can't wait to get this game
wait...
(I'm such an idiot!)
I can't wait for YOU to buy this game

PhoenixWright

DualWielding

Is anyone else bothered about how the lower screen now works as a glorified touchpad instead of mirroring the upper one so you can touch on stuff like on previous games? I'm loving the game, but this really bugs me

PSN: Fertheseeker

LzWinky

ferthepoet wrote:

Is anyone else bothered about how the lower screen now works as a glorified touchpad instead of mirroring the upper one so you can touch on stuff like on previous games? I'm loving the game, but this really bugs me

The fact that random tapping is gone overrules this objection

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DualWielding

Kinda off topic but for those that has been following the amazing fan series turnabout storm and hadn't notice, the final part is finally on youtube, I had missed it, going to watch it now

PSN: Fertheseeker

GamecubeMan

Does the grammar and spelling mistakes detract from the overall enjoyment of the game? I hear that Ace Attorney is kinda infamous for its grammar mistakes….

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

RevolverLink

GamecubeMan wrote:

Does the grammar and spelling mistakes detract from the overall enjoyment of the game? I hear that Ace Attorney is kinda infamous for its grammar mistakes….

I don't think they affect the experience more than a marginal degree, though I suppose that's a matter of preference. Pretty much all of the grammatical mistakes I've come across are of the substituting "for" for "from" (or vice versa), "its" for "it's" (ditto), "your" for "you're", etc. variety, and occasionally forgetting the word "you". It's easy to know what the character was actually trying to say in the context of the scene, so they're never really anything more than a mild annoyance.

That said, while the series is known for its typos, I do feel like I've been happening upon them more frequently in this entry.

The Revloggery

Spoony_Tech

I think translations are overrated. So far it doesn't bother me either! Like RevolverLink said you know what they're saying and that's all that matters!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Knuckles

I just beat the game, that was great!

I have a few series questions, really about 2 games, Apollo Justice and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.

1. Apollo: Is this game bad or something? I think I've heard it has a bad rap but I never really paid attention until now.

2. Edgeworth: Does Edgeworth have a power like Phoenix's Magatna, Apollo's Bracelet or Athena's Widget? I think I heard that in AAI:2, Edgeworth had some power, like a chess game or something.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

RevolverLink

@Knuckles -

1) Whether Apollo Justice is as good as the entries that came before it is up for debate, but it's nowhere close to being a bad entry in my mind.

For my money, it has some of the funniest witnesses in the entire series (Olga Orly and Wesley Stickler, in particular, are all-time favorites of mine), it's still filled with charming characters and interesting cases, the visuals are beautiful and the music, as usual, is phenomenal. And I really respect that the series was willing to go in such a bold new direction with its cast, even after the series had established itself as a cult classic.

If you enjoy the series and can get past the fact that almost none of the major characters from the previous games show up (and that Phoenix isn't the lead), you should have a great time with it.

2) AAI has a couple of gameplay mechanics that serve a somewhat similar purpose to the special abilites of the defense attorneys in the mainline series; one being Edgeworth's "Logic" ability, which allows him to link pieces of information he discovers throughout his investigations, and the other being Kay Faraday's "Little Thief" device, which allows her to re-create crime scenes.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Knuckles

@RevolverLink Thank you very much. If I can, I'll be hunting down copies of PW1, 3, Apollo, and AAI since my friend gave me 2 as a birthday present years ago and started my intrest in the series.

I can get past the entirely new cast, since thats what I had to do in PW5 practically, I wanted more play time as Phoenix, instead, I got Apollo/Athena.
I was only concerned that the writing or the gameplay weren't as good as the previous entires.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

ClockworkMario

@Knuckles
If you have a Wii or Wii U, you can get AA 1 and 3 on Wiiware for 1000 points. They didn't upscale the games, so it's fairly pixelated on the big screen but the games are still as enjoyable as ever.

Finished the game a few days ago and left satisfied. They didn't rock the formula too much but writing, visuals and music were excellent as always.
----SPOILER ALERT ON FINAL CASE AND AJ ENDING----
-
Final case offered some magnificent twists, though I was initially bummed that they didn't show Phantoms true face. But then I started thinking. The overall theme of the game was that emotions we feel and the bonds we make with each other make us human; the Phantom weren't able to feel anything, to be attached to anyone. All he felt was the primitive fear of death. Ergo he wasn't really a human anymore – he had no true face.
On unrelated note, I hope they bring back Khristoph Gavin in the next installment. I want to see what he hid behind those Psyche locks (if they even ment anything. Perhaps they just didn't figure out a motive for him, so they bailed out.)
Spoilers End
Now to anxiously wait for the DLC-case.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Spoony_Tech

I'm definitly getting that case! I'm now near the end of case 3 and man are these cases long!! I figured from the get go that the person I now have on the stand is the guilty party! Loving this game and love the fact the dlc case will extend it even longer adding more value!

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic