Forums

Topic: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Discussion Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 251

MoogleMuffins

Never played these before.

Always looked good, will consider purchasing it in the future.

But I'll give the demo a go now.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Spoony_Tech

I totally forgot about dlc for this game. It really makes sense here for dlc cases and id probably buy everyone of them. This could really add a ton of value to this game!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MF_MaxiMillion

It's out right now but I don't see the free DLC outfits anywhere. Guess I'll have to wait until the weekend for those!
EDIT: Ah, found them in the in-game store. Nevermind!

Also, I'mma be slightly disappointed if I can't select the Japanese voices.

Edited on by MF_MaxiMillion

Love my 3DS, Fighting games and Zombies. Enuff' said.
Check out my website for reviews! MaxiMillion Reviews
~~~~~~~~~~
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Dream Address: 6200-2457-2458),
W...

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6242-9163 | Twitter:

RevolverLink

Klimbatize wrote:

Sorry if this sidetracks the conversation.

I've never played a Phoenix Wright game, but I tried that demo I enjoyed it much more than I expected. This seems like a series I could get into. Now I'm looking into getting some of the DS games off amazon. I was going to just start from the earliest available, but I figured I'd ask first--Are there any I should skip?

Though I think each game can still be enjoyed on their own, it's definitely best to play them all in order, from 1-through-4 (well, 1-through-5 now). Even if the plots from each game don't always have a ton of overlap (or more than 3 returning characters, in 4's case), there are many references, inside jokes and running gags from the older games that will be missed if you haven't played them. The 3rd game, Trials and Tribulations, in particular is a much more emotionally rewarding experience if you've already played the first two games, and that's part of the reason why it's considered to be the best entry in the series by many Ace Attorney fans, myself included.

Ace Attorney Investigations can be safely skipped, being a spin-off and all, though it's still quite good and worth playing if you like the series.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Klimbatize

@RevolverLink Awesome, thanks for the info. Very helpful.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

CanisWolfred

Yeah, I really want to jump into this game, but I still have to finish the first game then play through 2-4...which I may not be able to get for a while.

Part of the reason I'm so excited for DanganRonpa is because it's supposed to be similar, but isn't a huge franchise, so I can just jump right in.

EDIT: Just played the demo and loved it. Maybe I should just jump right into this and then replay it once I'm done with the rest? Seems enjoyable enough already. Anyways, I already bought the full game and it's downloading right now.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

@CanisWolfred Just play this one and think of the others as a prequel! If I like this one enough ill probably pick up 2-4 as I still remember a lot from the first game.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DualWielding

MF_MaxiMillion wrote:

It's out right now but I don't see the free DLC outfits anywhere. Guess I'll have to wait until the weekend for those!
EDIT: Ah, found them in the in-game store. Nevermind!

Also, I'mma be slightly disappointed if I can't select the Japanese voices.

I didn't see them in the beginning either, but after I saved and closed and reopened the game the extras menu was available, DLC is under it, costume pack was the only DLC available and was only 46 blocks so downloaded preetty fast

PSN: Fertheseeker

GamecubeMan

GamecubeMan wrote:

Hmm seeing that Athena has all 3 of the voice clips makes me wonder if she will ever be alone on the defense bench?

Untitled
u__u

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Ok case #2 starts out so weird that I was sure which game I was playing there for a minute or so! That's not a bad thing though!

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

For some reason I'm stuck on case 2. I can't talk to anyone anymore or there is no new areas to go to. It happen right after I was given the key for the forbidden chamber! Someone please help. Do I present something to someone to further the story?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

RevolverLink

Spoony_Tech wrote:

For some reason I'm stuck on case 2. I can't talk to anyone anymore or there is no new areas to go to. It happen right after I was given the key for the forbidden chamber! Someone please help. Do I present something to someone to further the story?

Yeah, I stumbled quite a bit throughout that investigation section.

Have you managed to talk to Jinxie or L'Belle yet?

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Spoony_Tech

@RevolverLink I haven't talked to L'Belle since the investigation began. The last thing I was told to do was ask Jinxie if she knew about the key yet all the areas I go to she isn't showing up and everyone in those areas I've already talked to them about everything I can. There is check marks by everyone. I even tried presenting the key to them and nothing!

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

@RevolverLink Nope she is nowhere to be found. Athena appears in both places she appeared before and I've asked her the same questions. I honestly think I hit a case ending glitch!

MERG said:

RevolverLink

@Spoony_Tech - I should probably start throwing up a warning, for the people that aren't this far yet: SPOILER I think you might not be finished talking to Damian Tenma in detention just yet. You get the key from him, yes, but you also need to present both the statue and the blackmail letter to him, and then talk to him a little more.End of SPOILER If that somehow doesn't work, I'd suggest restarting the chapter, since you're right at the beginning of it anyway

The Revloggery

Spoony_Tech

@RevolverLink Thanks, I haven't tried that yet. Can you start from the second day. I figured I would have to start from the begining.

MERG said:

RevolverLink

@Spoony_Tech - If you choose "Episode Select" on the main menu, not only are you able to select any of the available cases, but each case has a "Chapter Select" option, which allows you to jump into a case from various different (already cleared) checkpoints, including, but not limited to, the beginnings of trials and investigations.

The Revloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic