Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 81 to 100 of 1,958

BigDaddysPizza

I'm fine with the new 3DS models. So.... it's called the Nintendo 3DS LL? That's a mouthful. What does LL mean?
I have no plans on buying it. My basic 3DS is in great condition. I have no need of buying another 3DS system.

The only thing I'm angry about is why we didn't get this Nintendo Direct in English! I don't really care about the more-Japanese games they showed off, but we didn't get a direct on a new 3DS system! And we missed a Smash reveal, which kinda ticks me off. They should have announced this a week ago that a Smash trailer was coming just to build up the hype. The last one was amazing and surprising and I loved it. This morning, I went on Facebook and boom, Shulk! There goes the surprise! I want to watch the trailer from the start without knowledge of who will be revealed!

BigDaddysPizza

HappyHappyist

Some people are getting really angry at the announcement of a new system. I don't get it though... allow me to explain by addressing as many arguments as I can think of.
ahem..

"I bought a 3DS XL YESTERDAY! What am I going to do now??!"
A: This is a next-gen system. Being angry for this reason is like me being angry for buying a PS3 one day before the PS4 was announced. This argument makes no sense.

"I'm an early adopter! I feel betrayed that nintendo released an upgraded version!"
A: The 3DS is over 3 years old. That is a good time lapse for them to release an upgraded version. I bet you were angry when Sony announced the Slim PS3, or when MS announced the XBOX360 Slim. Granted, these systems were given a price drop, along with the upgrades, the "new 3DS" is being released at roughly the same price as the original, which is a good deal for THIS system. The games have always been good, but the hardware is better now. This is a good deal, especially for those who have without a 3DS (like myself).

"The 3DS should've been like this at launch! Why is it JUST NOW getting the upgrade it should have already had at launch?"
A: The 3DS was new technology at launch, and was $250 at launch. No one bought it then until there was a price drop! If this added tech was on the 3DS at launch, it would be EVEN MORE expensive at launch, and we could assume it would easily bomb and would be in a similar, if not worse, condition to the Vita. However, in 2014, the technology has gotten cheaper, which means an affordable upgraded 3DS is now suddenly possible. That's why the system is being upgraded now instead of at launch.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

BigDaddysPizza wrote:

I'm fine with the new 3DS models. So.... it's called the Nintendo 3DS LL? That's a mouthful. What does LL mean?
I have no plans on buying it. My basic 3DS is in great condition. I have no need of buying another 3DS system.

called the NEW Nintendo 3DS LL
and LL is just a different way to say XL. In Japan, they call it the 3DS LL, in America it's called the XL. simple
So in America, it would likely be called...
NEW NINTENDO 3DS XL

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HankLangley

unfortunatly, i will have to wait a while for this, or at least i hope not.

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

RR529

Hmm...

Majora's Mask an Expansion Pak required game.
Majora's Mask 3D a New Nintendo 3DS required game?

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

TheLZdragon

RR529 wrote:

Hmm...

Majora's Mask an Expansion Pak required game.
Majora's Mask 3D a New Nintendo 3DS required game?

Nope. Why would it need that?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RR529

WaLzgi wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Hmm...

Majora's Mask an Expansion Pak required game.
Majora's Mask 3D a New Nintendo 3DS required game?

Nope. Why would it need that?

I was just joking around.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Faruko

WaLzgi wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Hmm...

Majora's Mask an Expansion Pak required game.
Majora's Mask 3D a New Nintendo 3DS required game?

Nope. Why would it need that?

it was a joke...

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

mystman12

I did just buy an XL a few months ago, but I feel like I can probably sell it on eBay for at least a hundred bucks, maybe more. So, sell XL, buy New 3DS, (Normal) do system transfer before shipping old XL. That way I could probably upgrade to New 3DS for about $60 or less! (At least, that's what I hope I can do.)

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Kyloctopus

I wouldn't be surprised if that upcoming Mario game, EAD confirmed was for the "New" 3DS.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-confirms-work-has-b...
Nintendo wants to assure this system gets sales, and considering in the past 2 years, Nintendo made a 2D Mario game for 3DS, a 3D Mario Game for Wii U and 2 New Super Mario Bros. for Wii U, I think it's time for a new 3D Mario game for 3DS.

I wonder if Xenoblade was also the remaster coming in 2015.
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/14/rumour-claims-nintendo-i...

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics, Birthday_Boy
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

_Octoling_

Kyloctopus wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if that upcoming Mario game, EAD confirmed was for the "New" 3DS.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-confirms-work-has-b...
Nintendo wants to assure this system gets sales, and considering in the past 2 years, Nintendo made a 2D Mario game for 3DS, a 3D Mario Game for Wii U and 2 New Super Mario Bros. for Wii U, I think it's time for a new 3D Mario game for 3DS.

I wonder if Xenoblade was also the remaster coming in 2015.
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/14/rumour-claims-nintendo-i...

I sure hope so for the Mario thing, then it will sell better and more games will be made for it.

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

Socar

@TrueWiiMaster Wait so It won't Support SDHC cards?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

JadedGamer

Will it be backwards compatible with ds games?

JadedGamer

3DS Friend Code: 4141-3421-9359 | Nintendo Network ID: Nbajunkie

Faruko

I cant wait to get the new 3DS (normal one, not the XL)

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Bolt_Strike

HappyHappyist wrote:

A: This is a next-gen system. Being angry for this reason is like me being angry for buying a PS3 one day before the PS4 was announced. This argument makes no sense.

I don't disagree with your point, but I'd like to point out that New 3DS isn't a next gen system, it's a mid gen upgrade that happens to have exclusives.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

_Octoling_

NbaJunkie wrote:

Will it be backwards compatible with ds games?

I assume.

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

TySoN_F

I'd love to say I'm super excited but I was more confused than I thought I would be. I was definitely NOT expecting an update to the 3DS, in fact me and my friends convinced ourselves that the 3DS was not going to get a new renovation like the DS-DSi but obviously we were wrong haha.

I'll definitely get one if there is a Xenoblade Chronicles LE version of the N3DSXL. Most definitely. But I'm a bit disheartened because I love my 3DSXL and to see it get super shafted almost overnight kind of makes me sad. I love the CPPXL and always hoped it'd get more love from the big N but apparently NOW they decide to add the extra analog nub lol.

I'll probably end up getting one, I was debating on whether I should pick up a spare 3DS but now I don't have to decide. I'll just wait till, hopefully, a Xenoblade Chronicles themed N3DSXL will come out stateside!

TySoN_F

mystman12

technotaylor98 wrote:

mystman12 wrote:

I did just buy an XL a few months ago, but I feel like I can probably sell it on eBay for at least a hundred bucks, maybe more. So, sell XL, buy New 3DS, (Normal) do system transfer before shipping old XL. That way I could probably upgrade to New 3DS for about $60 or less! (At least, that's what I hope I can do.)

Wow, this is exactly what i'm doing.
Bought 3DS Xl couple months ago, selling it for the 'New' 3DS (normal)

Yep, but since it doesn't look like NA is getting the New 3DS anytime soon, I just gotta make sure I don't accidentally destroy my XL somehow while I'm wating. Maybe I'll just stick it in a fireproof safe until the New 3DS comes out!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

mamp

SO getting it day one, they totally sold me on the faster CPU and HTML videos
Anyone else feel like it still might not be good for FPS I mean IDK that c-stick just looks like it won't be too efficient.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Vincent294

That RAM has me sold. It will do wonders for multitasking and games late in the 3DS life span will undoubtedly make use of it. Take that with the faster CPU, and rumored VRAM, plus the proper control layout, and I'm sold. Now all we need is Miiverse messaging, and I'd be happy to say it truly feels like a next-gen experience, by handheld standards anyways. Better cameras and flash mean my 3DS will no longer be blind. I never thought Nintendo would do this so soon.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic