Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,882

Spoony_Tech

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm sure i'll wind up scoring a N3DS XL 'new black' just to have as a 2nd 3DS laying around for when friends pop by regardless if it doesn't get as bright as my original Aqua Blue 3DS. if it can't match it's brightness, then i'll just use my original 3DS instead.

unless the Japanese N3DS can get brighter, that's always plan B.....at least when hackers find a way to get past the region locking!

Somebody did find a way to get past the region lock on the older systems but I think it's already been patched.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VanillaLake

@Spoony_Tech Lately, Nintendo is so hard to understand, so who knows...

@WaveBoy I've read all your funny messages about the brightness. What really annoys me about the 3DS XL is the low pixel density because of all those black spaces among the pixels. Also the 3D effect not being very stable (same for 3DS) is an issue when playing some games that require some kind of motion or that are too intense to stay immobile. Add the second analogue button and you get all the features that the system should have had right from the start. Thank heavens I've been able to trade-in each of them (paying some money of course).

Once I've bought the New Nintendo 3DS I'll let you know about its brightness. I've owned all the DS systems except DSiXL and 2DS so I can compare. The best DS design (including the 3DS, 3DSXL and 2DS) is DSi, in my opinion.

Edited on by VanillaLake

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ugh, Monster Hunter 4 and Ace Combat are really tempting me to get a N3DS just so I can have the added control options...

Do it, DO IT!!! I also want Ace Combat even though I already have it. Does that make sense?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VanillaLake

Spoony_Tech wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ugh, Monster Hunter 4 and Ace Combat are really tempting me to get a N3DS just so I can have the added control options...

Do it, DO IT!!! I also want Ace Combat even though I already have it. Does that make sense?

Nope, unless you mean the Japanese version?

I want both Majora's Mask 3D, one of my favourite games of all time, and Monster Hunter 4, because I had a lot of fun playing 3 on Wii and the added buttons and Stable 3D (let's call this Stable and the original effect Unstable 3D) of New Nintendo 3DS should make Monster Hunter 4 easier to play. I don't know which one to pick up first though.

EDIT: Can somebody tell me about those Ambassador 3DS issues?

Edited on by VanillaLake

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

CanisWolfred

VanillaLake wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nope, unless you mean the Japanese version?

Believe he's talking about the non-Plus version...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

@VanillaLake Well when you really think about it the original has the most stable 3d you can get. It's your head and hands that are unstable.

MERG said:

TeeJay

Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter are the only games on my radar as of now.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

VanillaLake

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@VanillaLake Well when you really think about it the original has the most stable 3d you can get. It's your head and hands that are unstable.

True, I can't be immobile when playing and also the pressure on the buttons tilt the handheld a little bit. Besides, when playing some games you are forced to tilt the system, e.g., Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon. I get very dizzy when that happens but I'm also a bit addicted to the 3D effect when it works fine, so New 3DS is the solution.

TeeJay

VanillaLake wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

True, I can't be immobile when playing and also the pressure on the buttons tilt the handheld a little bit. Besides, when playing some games you are forced to tilt the system, e.g., Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon. I get very dizzy when that happens but I'm also a bit addicted to the 3D effect when it works fine, so New 3DS is the solution.

I'm not quite so sure about that. The super stable 3D works in a way that it takes a second to detect where you are, then adjusts accordingly. It doesn't track fluent movement as far as i am aware so it's more useful for adjusting to a different position rather than keeping 3D while moving the system.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm not quite so sure about that. The super stable 3D works in a way that it takes a second to detect where you are, then adjusts accordingly. It doesn't track fluent movement as far as i am aware so it's more useful for adjusting to a different position rather than keeping 3D while moving the system.

I think you just had a bad experience at Gamestop. Hunched over the system isn't the way to play. From what I'm hearing you can go 45 degrees either way and it will stay intact. As long as you don't swing it wildly you should be fine. I'm not sure if it also tracks up and down movements as well though but side to side you should be good.

MERG said:

MegaStoneSmash91

I'm buying a bigger micro SD card to use with my New 3DS so that I won't have to worry about space or removing the battery cover more than once. Any problems with immediately replacing the one it comes with right out of the box? I'm talking before I even turn it on for the first time and start a system transfer. I was also wondering if everything will simply be moved from the old SD card to the micro SD. Will I have to use a PC to copy data over or is it not necessary? Sorry if these aren't the most intelligent questions. I've never done a system transfer before so I'm worried I might do something wrong. I'm also not the most tech savvy person ever.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Yoshi

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I'm buying a bigger micro SD card to use with my New 3DS so that I won't have to worry about space or removing the battery cover more than once. Any problems with immediately replacing the one it comes with right out of the box? I'm talking before I even turn it on for the first time and start a system transfer. I was also wondering if everything will simply be moved from the old SD card to the micro SD. Will I have to use a PC to copy data over or is it not necessary? Sorry if these aren't the most intelligent questions. I've never done a system transfer before so I'm worried I might do something wrong. I'm also not the most tech savvy person ever.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_...

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

MegaStoneSmash91

brewsky wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_...

Thanks for the effort, but I've already read all that. Still doesn't really answer my questions, though maybe they weren't very good questions to begin with.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Yoshi

Then I suggest you wait until Nintendo releases an actual guide, considering that isn't out yet.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Grumblevolcano

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Don't know the answer to your first question (don't know how difficult it is to insert though I know screwdrivers are needed) but the other questions depend on whether you're getting a special edition XL (e.g. Majora's Mask 3D, MH4U). If no then provided you put the bigger Micro SD in before startup then it will be automatically transferred and you don't need to use the PC. If yes however, you need to do the system transfer first so the game actually gets added to your eshop account ready to redownload for free which means using a PC to copy files afterwards.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MegaStoneSmash91

@Grumblevolcano That's more like the answer I was looking for. Thanks for the reply! Just wanted to make sure it was that simple. Ever since I read about SD card transfers using a PC I wasn't sure if I actually needed to do that or not. Silly, right? Sounds like my original plan will work fine. Stick the new card in asap and let the 3DS's do all the work.

Beep.
That is all.

VanillaLake

WaveBoy wrote:

Here's a quote from TrustedReview's 'review' of the standard N3DS >

"The display is also brighter and more vibrant, and stands as a massive enhancement over past models."

Well, that sold me! ...at least with the JAP/UK N3DS...I doubt the N3DS XL will be able to get as bright.
At least if the N3DS XL doesn't pan through, i can just import the N3DS.....but again for the millionth time, that won't be happening until some NintenZoid hacker warrior blips through the region locking.

But even if you decide not to upgrade its firmware afterwards, the console will upgrade every time you are trying to access any of its online services (online play, eShop, browser...).

VanillaLake

WaveBoy wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

"The display is also brighter and more vibrant, and stands as a massive enhancement over past models."

Well, that sold me! ...at least with the JAP/UK N3DS...I doubt the N3DS XL will be able to get as bright.
At least if the N3DS XL doesn't pan through, i can just import the N3DS.....but again for the millionth time, that won't be happening until some NintenZoid hacker warrior blips through the region locking.

But even if you decide not to upgrade its firmware afterwards, the console will upgrade every time you are trying to access any of its online services (online play, eShop, browser...).

Lovely. I guess I better just forget about Nintendo's stupid decision not to release the standard N3DS in north America, pass on the JAP N3DS and cross my fingers that the N3DSXL shares it's 'brighter' screens.

But if you are American/Canadian and buy a Japanese system it should read both Japanese and American games because they belong to the same region NTSC. I'm not sure, I'm European but I think that's they way it is. What I know for sure is that Australian New 3DS read European games.

It's a shame that Nintendo is not releasing New 3DS in America.

Edited on by VanillaLake

VanillaLake

WaveBoy wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Lovely. I guess I better just forget about Nintendo's stupid decision not to release the standard N3DS in north America, pass on the JAP N3DS and cross my fingers that the N3DSXL shares it's 'brighter' screens.

But if you are American/Canadian and buy a Japanese system it should read both Japanese and American games because they belong to the same region NTSC. I'm not sure, I'm European but I think that's they way it is. What I know for sure is that Australian New 3DS read European games.

I assumed that the JAP N3DS only played Japanese games...If it can play american titles than why the heck do I even care about this so called region locking? I'm not interested in important jap games anyways.

If I can play American games on the JAP N3DS and switch the system/menu's JAP text to English I'm set like the Jetsons.

Yeah, the only thing is if you are able to set the system menu to English and the system country to US/Canada to be free like a bird. I am checking my European 3DS XL and I can set the language and country to any PAL country, including Australia. Just make sure it's the same for Japan and America. Also, the system says that the system country and your NNID country must be the same in order to have access to your NNID. This means that if I set Australia now (I wouldn't need to do that anyway), I wouldn't be able to use my NNID until I change it back. For you it's not a problem because you don't want to set your system country to Japan.

Too bad Nintendo makes things so difficult.

Edited on by VanillaLake

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic