Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,882

VanillaLake

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Barbiegurl777 No, you will only need one. Your best bet is to copy your current data to the New micro card now so when you go to do the transfer you will already have half the work done. During the transfer process it will tell you to take your current sd card out which will already be in an adapter and insert that in the New 3ds

Are you saying that I can copy my 3DSXL SD card content to my PC and then to the micro SD I'm going to use in my New3DS and it will work? I thought all the content should be copied by the systems themselves in order to prevent piracy and stuff. Can you please clarify this?

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Spoony_Tech

VanillaLake wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Barbiegurl777 No, you will only need one. Your best bet is to copy your current data to the New micro card now so when you go to do the transfer you will already have half the work done. During the transfer process it will tell you to take your current sd card out which will already be in an adapter and insert that in the New 3ds

Are you saying that I can copy my 3DSXL SD card content to my PC and then to the micro SD I'm going to use in my New3DS and it will work? I thought all the content should be copied by the systems themselves in order to prevent piracy and stuff. Can you please clarify this?

I've done this a few time actually. When I went from the standard 2 gig in the original to an 8 then later a 32 gig. Its the only way to upgrade you memory card. So yes you copy the data to the PC then transfer it over to the New card. Micro plus adapter. When you copy it the data is still tied to the one system. You can't use that card in any other system If that's what you're thinking.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VanillaLake

Spoony_Tech wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I've done this a few time actually. When I went from the standard 2 gig in the original to an 8 then later a 32 gig. Its the only way to upgrade you memory card. So yes you copy the data to the PC then transfer it over to the New card. Micro plus adapter. When you copy it the data is still tied to the one system. You can't use that card in any other system If that's what you're thinking.

Okay, so I can do that today and once I have bought the New 3DS and made the data transfer then I'll be able to play the games on the New 3DS. If I can do that, the data transfer will be super fast.

Edited on by VanillaLake

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

Spoony_Tech

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@VanillaLake,

Your going to have to copy your data from a regular sd card to a micro sd card because the New 3DS XL only takes micro sd cards. I copied my content from the sd card to a micro sd card a few months ago & love it my little 3ds defently runs faster as for speed & loading time.

Going to be able to pick up the New 3DS XL (Red) on Feb 13th yay! Pre-Ordered it from GS! I traded in a few games to get it & now have $148 paid off on the system so happy right now.

Does anyone know if this is a midnight launch or can we pick up the game system in the morning on friday at 10 am? Thank's in advance!

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Each store is different if they get enough pre-orders and systems for said pre-orders then maybe. They stand to make a pretty penny from doing this as a ton of people will also buy Monster Hunter 4U and Majoras Mask. With that said I do doubt it. I can see a few stores doing this though so first thing is to call your store and check. They may tell you no right away or yes or we will see.

The only midnight launches I've ever seen from my Gamestop for Nintendo related items was Pokemon and I believe Smash Bros but both for the 3ds.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VanillaLake

@Spoony_Tech Thank you. @Barbiegurl777 I'd recommend you to go on Friday because if you go on Thursday you might be back home disappointed. Just go on Friday and you'll get the console, that's for sure. Be patient!

Edited on by VanillaLake

Lunapplebloom

Don't know if anyone is looking for Micro SD cards for their New 3DS, but amazon US has Sony ones as their deal of the day. You can get a 32GB one for $11.99.
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_6183178011_gbsl_rlm_l-1_7582_4...

Just figured I'd share, and the fact that it's a Sony memory card in a 3DS just makes it a bit ironic.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Lunapplebloom wrote:

Don't know if anyone is looking for Micro SD cards for their New 3DS, but amazon US has Sony ones as their deal of the day. You can get a 32GB one for $11.99.

Just figured I'd share, and the fact that it's a Sony memory card in a 3DS just makes it a bit ironic.

More ironic then Sony doing a Nintendo movie!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Lunapplebloom

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Lunapplebloom wrote:

More ironic then Sony doing a Nintendo movie!

That even more so. I'd rather have Disney or Dreamworks do it personally if a movie deal is ever done, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Yoshi

I don't know why, but I still haven't preordered yet. I mean, I already know I'm getting the red one, and there should be no reason for me to not buy it, seeing as I get a $50 discount for it (although, that $50 could be used for anything). I just haven't done it yet. Perhaps I'm just clinging to a false hope that maybe...just maybe...the MM New 3DS will be stocked somewhere.

Having my first preorder canceled just left a bitter taste.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get around to it soon enough. But right now, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi

And it happened again! I got through all the steps to preordering the New 3DS, typed in all the information, punched in the $50 promo code, and hovered over the button to place the order, and....I couldn't click the button.

I guess I'm still not ready yet....

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Pokefanmum82

I have to wait until the 20th to get mine. Bills came up so I am getting it then plus a micro SD 32GB card. Giving my son my Pokemon XL with all my games (don`t play them anymore).

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

TeeJay

Oh wow, I hadn't realized it was already less than two weeks to go til we get it!

Oh maaaannn

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

Not sure when I'll get mine since I'm getting standard delivery. Hopefully it ships a few days early to compensate.

MERG said:

Tasuki

I don't know I am usually excited for new consoles but the New 3DS just hasn't excited me enough to run out and buy it. I am happy with my 3DS XL so I guess I will stick with that. Unless some killer gotta have game comes out for the New 3DS I will probably just let this one pass me by.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

WaveyChristmas wrote:

Ok, Sooo....Somebody has mentioned that the 'standard' N3DS doesn't get brighter with the charger plugged in....However, it's 5th brightness setting apparently is brighter than the regular XL's 5th brightness....

If the N3DS XL's 5th brightness is brighter than the regular/launch 3DS's 5th brightness, I may bite the bullet bill.

I seen someone comment on one of the news articles today that their ambassador was closer in brightness to the gba micro. I never had one so I'm not sure if that's good or not. Also you know I'll let you know if my New XL is brighter then the old model.

MERG said:

SkywardLink98

I'm still on the fence about these. I've been pretty happy with my 2011 Cosmo Black, but the bigger screens, new buttons and batter life are starting to get to me. I'll probably wait until there's a few more exclusives before I make the jump.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

nacho_chicken

@WaveyChristmas
Just curious, what kind of conditions are you playing in? Because the only thing I can see benefiting from an extra brightness setting is playing outside in full daylight. Unless you just like it up really bright.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

TeeJay

Yeah I honestly don't see another level of brightness as being THAT important...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

nacho_chicken wrote:

@WaveyChristmas
Just curious, what kind of conditions are you playing in? Because the only thing I can see benefiting from an extra brightness setting is playing outside in full daylight. Unless you just like it up really bright.

We are brightness hogs lol. We both agree that the brighter the screen the better the colors look and quit frankly everything else. I have a hard time playing on anything lower then 5 tbh and I miss the 6th brightness of the regular 3ds.

MERG said:

Yoshi

I prefer my battery lasting more than an hour over a high brightness.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic