Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,882

DefHalan

WebHead wrote:

I might hold off to see if NoA caves in and released the standard model. Still kinda bummed about that, I want those faceplates. How does NoA not see the money in that?

I think there is more money selling limited edition systems where some people will buy a system over and over to get the "new" design.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

WebHead wrote:

I might hold off to see if NoA caves in and released the standard model. Still kinda bummed about that, I want those faceplates. How does NoA not see the money in that?

I think the faceplates are the whole reason why Nintendo opted to not bring it out. I believe they don't want to make a whole bunch of them only to just sit there and never be purchased. It's just like the whole Amiibo thing in that they have no clue of how many of what to make.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WebHead

Spoony_Tech wrote:

WebHead wrote:

I think the faceplates are the whole reason why Nintendo opted to not bring it out. I believe they don't want to make a whole bunch of them only to just sit there and never be purchased. It's just like the whole Amiibo thing in that they have no clue of how many of what to make.

Maybe in our case we could have to buy them directly from Nintendo's site?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Spoony_Tech

I was thinking that as well. It would limit the over stock and reduce costs.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WebHead

Idk I'm just tired of NA getting the short stick when it comes to 3DS

WebHead

DefHalan

WebHead wrote:

When else did NA get the "short stick?"

WebHead

DefHalan wrote:

WebHead wrote:

I could list quite a few but that's off topic.

WebHead

DefHalan

WebHead wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

WebHead wrote:

I could list quite a few but that's off topic.

I can't really think of any, outside of the charger thing (which happened to other regions first) and missing the smaller version of the New 3DS

Edited on by DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

Well for starters no Majoras Mask with the LE

MERG said:

WebHead

Don't even get me started on our treatment when it comes to VC.

WebHead

DefHalan

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Well for starters no Majoras Mask with the LE

We also get the system cheaper

WebHead wrote:

Don't even get me started on our treatment when it comes to VC.

But to counter that we get better support for retail and eshop games. VC games we normally just have to wait a few months. It isn't a big deal. I feel EU gets some of the worst treatment from Nintendo but still nothing terrible.

Koldur

It would be golden if this was the plan all along from Nintendo, get the hype way up for the non-XL n3DS and then release it the same day as the XL version (because they knew this would happen and already produced them).

Koldur

Ralizah

EU usually gets big first-party releases earlier and their limited editions are usually nicer and way more available than the ones in the US. We continually get the short end of the stick. Not to mention VC.

The problem for European 3DS owners, from what I've seen, is that Atlus is so reluctant to release its games in that region. US has gotten WAY better treatment by Atlus.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Koldur

Ralizah wrote:

EU usually gets big first-party releases earlier and their limited editions are usually nicer and way more available than the ones in the US. We continually get the short end of the stick. Not to mention VC.

The problem for European 3DS owners, from what I've seen, is that Atlus is so reluctant to release its games in that region. US has gotten WAY better treatment by Atlus.

EU never got the Virtual Boy though, only Japan and USA. Now I have to import everything I want, making everything $20 or more more expensive.

Though it would really surprise me if NA doesn't get the non XL n3DS, I think it will come to you guys pretty soon.

Koldur

Grumblevolcano

The New 3DS arrived back at Nintendo and they said I had to send everything back, not just the console. They should've told me that before I sent it off because all the previous repair stuff has required me to only send the console back...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Koldur wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

EU never got the Virtual Boy though, only Japan and USA. Now I have to import everything I want, making everything $20 or more more expensive.

Though it would really surprise me if NA doesn't get the non XL n3DS, I think it will come to you guys pretty soon.

2 things:

• I'm speaking specifically about the 3DS in this console gen. I'm aware that, historically, Europe has received less than stellar treatment in a lot of Nintendo releases.
  • You missed nothing with the Virtual Boy. It's the only completely failed Nintendo device.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

dumedum

@waveboy thanks. I love your posts they make me happy every time

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

outburst

Eh, Amazon UK has one MM3DSXL for 225£ for pre-order. Is that the normal price? I'm not interested though. So I'm letting you guys know.

outburst

dumedum

New 3DS is actually a very good name. It is straightforward and Nintendo will drop support for the older models so it makes a lot of sense. Could also have been called 3DS Generation 2 or 3DS Next Generation, but they made the right choice.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic