Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,882

Spoony_Tech

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Should I upgrade to the ''New 3DS'' ?

Nintendo said exclusive 3ds games... I'm wondering if this going to be like the so called:

DSi Enhanced games - Which I have several that are dsi enhanced & can be played on the ds lite. At the time when i bought the dsi enhanced games i still had both my dsi & ds lite & tested the games on both system's. They work on both game system's.

Nintendo said ''New 3DS exclusives will only work on the New 3DS though... Hmmm... Sooo... The 3DS E-shop is going to be split in 3 now DSi shop, 3DS e-shop, & New 3DS E-shop??

I'm seriously considering getting the ''New 3DS XL'' in red going to have to trade in some games to save money though if i get it on launch but if i wait until march i'll have $200...

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

I do think the exclusives will be held to about 5 total. The difference between the dsi and ds isn't like this one. I don't know how much extra power the New 3ds has but that alone at least makes it a leap in tech. To my knowledge the dsi was still basically the ds lite but could dl games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

HappyHappyist

I'm really glad I preordered mine the day it was announced. Just one look at eBay and the scalpers are already at work. That kind of thing is really messed up.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Kolzig

Are the cover plates for N3DS already up for preorder anywhere in Europe? I am especially interested to buy the Majora's Mask cover plate as a present to my wife.

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

Apolloquis

For the record, I ended up getting the ambassador edition 'cos I'm just too impatient... XD

~Heyhey~ :]

3DS Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza
[url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/
ancient-sacred-pheonix/] Steam Account [/url]

3DS Friend Code: 4098-2313-4036 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRayquaza

WebHead

I'll be getting it after all. Should have it fully paid off this weekend.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

martinskrtel37

Need to upgrade my case too now that I'm upgrading to the New XL. What do y'all use for your XL's?

This simple Hori case looks like it will do the job. Obviously there will be no issue with using a New model yeah? They'd only be a centremetre at most bigger, surely.

http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-3ds-xl-hard-pouch-black-paO...

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Grumblevolcano

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@Spoony_Tech,

Only 5? That's kinda bad... You think its even worth upgrading then? Or 3DS on it's last legs before nintendo announces it next handheld in the nintendo handheld family?

@BinaryFragger,

Only 2 to my knowledge that are both DSi Enhanced games:

Imagine Baby Fashion - DSi
Barbie Jet, Set, Style - DSi

I have both & they say right on the box DSi Enhanced.

I'm actually really surpised they put Barbie Jet, Set, Style on the DS & not the 3DS personally the graphics are absolutely beatiful in that game very polished. Plus the game came literally about a year before the 3ds launched back in 2011.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

DSi enhanced games were more prominent in Japan including the remake of Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (the sequel to Shadow Dragon and the last FE game to properly feature Marth).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Need to upgrade my case too now that I'm upgrading to the New XL. What do y'all use for your XL's?

This simple Hori case looks like it will do the job. Obviously there will be no issue with using a New model yeah? They'd only be a centremetre at most bigger, surely.

http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-3ds-xl-hard-pouch-black-paO...

I use my pocket.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

I did a system transfer to my old 3DS XL, traded in my newer XL and some more games I don't play anymore or have digital versions of (Pokemon Y fetched a pretty penny) and now my New XL is completely paid off and I never spent a cent!

I will have to buy the games though. I'm out of stuff I'm willing to trade.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

martinskrtel37

An XL wont fit in your pocket and I store things in my backpack anyway, where it obviously needs protection.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

DefHalan

martinskrtel37 wrote:

An XL wont fit in your pocket and I store things in my backpack anyway, where it obviously needs protection.

An XL fits in my pocket

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

I did a system transfer to my old 3DS XL, traded in my newer XL and some more games I don't play anymore or have digital versions of (Pokemon Y fetched a pretty penny) and now my New XL is completely paid off and I never spent a cent!

Is that the system that was busted or at least damaged? If so how much did they give you for it?

MERG said:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Is that the system that was busted or at least damaged? If so how much did they give you for it?

No actually, I tried to trade that one in and all was going well until they saw it had no serial number in the back. I had been foolish enough to remove the sticker cause a part of it had peeled off and it was bothering me during gameplay.

So I system transferred everything from my M&L XL to that one, and traded the M&L one. That one is in much better condition, but they STILL reduced the trade-in cost because of a single, albeit admitably deep scratch between the lens on the front.
So it was $100 because of their promotion, minus $35 for repair costs.

IMO $35 is excessive, but it's not like I had a choice.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

martinskrtel37

DefHalan wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

An XL fits in my pocket

OK. no idea why everyones so keen to talk about how their DS fits in their pocket.

Octane wrote:

Kolzig

What is the cover plates now called then in Europe. Zavvi has a few of the regular ones up for pre-order now, but they call them "faceplates"? I thought the official name is cover plate?

The product picture even says in Zavvi's page Cover Plate, so why call it faceplate?

E: One of our shops in Finland have now the 12 regular cover plates on pre-order, but still no Kirby, Pikachu or Majora's Mask cover plates.

Edited on by Kolzig

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

Spoony_Tech

My biggest concern and a problem o had with both the base model and XL is upper screen scratching. Will these models finally be fixed to the point it won't happen again. Either way the second I can I'm getting screen protector foe the top screen at least.

MERG said:

6ch6ris6

Spoony_Tech wrote:

My biggest concern and a problem o had with both the base model and XL is upper screen scratching. Will these models finally be fixed to the point it won't happen again. Either way the second I can I'm getting screen protector foe the top screen at least.

i think someone here already said that people japan still got these scratches with the new models. screen protectors are always recommended!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

i think someone here already said that people japan still got these scratches with the new models. screen protectors are always recommended!

How in the world do they not get this fix after 3 tries? The thing is designed to fit in your pocket and Nintendo encourages this. Make a system that doesn't get scratches for crying out load!

MERG said:

Yoshi

It should be impossible for scratches to form, at least for the XL, because they have two rubber bumpers that, when closed, touch the highest point of the bottom. The only way the top screen can come in contact with the bottom is by squeezing the system together.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Spoony_Tech

brewsky wrote:

It should be impossible for scratches to form, at least for the XL, because they have two rubber bumpers that, when closed, touch the highest point of the bottom. The only way the top screen can come in contact with the bottom is by squeezing the system together.

Hence the whole pocket thing. It fits in my pocket but when you sit down or its just a bit too tight the scratches start to form. It doesn't take much over time for pressure from being in your pocket for this to happen.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic