Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,882

Jmaster

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So how pixely are the screens? That and how heavy is what is really keeping me from buying the XL.

Not that pixely and not that heavy.

Jmaster

Nicolai

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So how pixely are the screens? That and how heavy is what is really keeping me from buying the XL.

In my opinion, the regular XL was very pixely, especially in 3D. I don't think the New models have changed the resolution at all.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Zerodactyl

What are the differences between the New 3DS and New 3DS XL, and which one is better to get?

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Tobiaku

Zerodactyl wrote:

What are the differences between the New 3DS and New 3DS XL, and which one is better to get?

The difference is the size of the screen. Wich is the best depends on your taste. I would say XL.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Grumblevolcano

I watched the New 3DS trailer on the eshop and Nintendo really messed up namely they put Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric (Wii U) gameplay in it (for those who are wondering, go to the part where it's supposedly Shattered Crystal and look closely at the footage)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Jmaster

@Zerodactyl The XL also has a better battery and doesn't look like a Fisher-Price toy, but that's subjective.

Edited on by Jmaster

Jmaster

HappyHappyist

For those of you that have the system, how does the blur-reducted 3D work in low light? I was assuming that it wouldn't work because there would need to be sufficient lighting for it to track your eyes. But i heard somewhere that the New 3DS has infrared tracking that allows you to use the face tracking 3D in dark lighting. Is this true, will the blur-reducted 3D work in dark lighting?

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Koldur

HappyHappyist wrote:

For those of you that have the system, how does the blur-reducted 3D work in low light? I was assuming that it wouldn't work because there would need to be sufficient lighting for it to track your eyes. But i heard somewhere that the New 3DS has infrared tracking that allows you to use the face tracking 3D in dark lighting. Is this true, will the blur-reducted 3D work in dark lighting?

It even works in pitch black, tested it and perfectly tracks my eyes, as good as in normal light, no difference! But that is only to be expected when you think it is done with infrared.

Koldur

The_Fox

khadafi2999 wrote:

majora mask 3ds xl usa. keep your eyes open, preorder opening soon..
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-edi...
Untitled

monster hunter new 3ds bundle usa preorder also coming soon,
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-monster-hunter-4...
Untitled

the japs version of majoras mask new 3ds xl console ready for preorder.
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-ll-the-legend-of-ze...
Untitled

New Nintendo 3DS Cover Plates No.056 (The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D) US$ 24.99
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-056...
Untitled

New Nintendo 3DS Cover Plates No.057 (Pikachu) US$ 19.99
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-057...
Untitled

New Nintendo 3DS Cover Plates No.058 (Kirby) US$ 19.99
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-058...
Untitled

$20-$25 for cover plates? Damn, they're really bending people over a barrel for those. Not like that's anything new as far as peripherals are concerned.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Yoshi

Koldur wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

It even works in pitch black, tested it and perfectly tracks my eyes, as good as in normal light, no difference! But that is only to be expected when you think it is done with infrared.

I don't think it's done with infrared. In low light, what's the only concentrated light source that the camera can detect? It's the light coming from the 3DS that is being reflected off of your eyes. That's how the camera tells where your eyes are at.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

HappyHappyist

brewsky wrote:

Koldur wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

I don't think it's done with infrared. In low light, what's the only concentrated light source that the camera can detect? It's the light coming from the 3DS that is being reflected off of your eyes. That's how the camera tells where your eyes are at.

Remember that the system can change the screen brightness automatically according to the lighting, so in pitch black it's not much of a light source for the system to track your eyes. That's assuming the Auto-brightness is on of course, you CAN turn it off.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

I've heard that the little black dot next to the camera is the infrared camera, but I'm really not sure. Glad that the 3D works even in pitch black though, regardless of how it's done!

Blue blue.

SuperWiiU

HappyHappyist wrote:

I've heard that the little black dot next to the camera is the infrared camera, but I'm really not sure. Glad that the 3D works even in pitch black though, regardless of how it's done!

I think that's the infrared lamp, because most camera's can pick up infrared light by itself, but that wouldn't help in the dark without an infrared lightsource.

Yoshi

According to Nintendo's website, the Infrared LED, located next to the inner camera, assists the inner camera in tracking your head position.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

WebHead

If I trade in my current xl towards New XL, I should be able to still transfer my stuff through customer service right?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Spoony_Tech

WebHead wrote:

If I trade in my current xl towards New XL, I should be able to still transfer my stuff through customer service right?

You need a internet connection to make it work and to my knowledge most gamestops don't have Wi-Fi. What they will let you do is take the 2 systems home to do the transfer but you have to pay in full first. Once that's done bring back the receipt along with the system and charger for a refund of the difference.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

I_Am_Kappa

I don't like the new 3DS! I want my 3DS to be the superior one and I don't like Nintendo taking that from me

I_Am_Kappa

Spoony_Tech

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

I don't like the new 3DS! I want my 3DS to be the superior one and I don't like Nintendo taking that from me

So you don't want them to improve the system at all? Your loss I guess if that's the way you feel.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Koldur

It is a fact that eye tracking uses the IR blaster next to the camera, I even tested it in a pitch black room, worked perfectly fine!

Koldur

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic