Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,882

I_Am_Kappa

WaLzgi wrote:

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

lets admit it... the 3DS was weak from the start and Nintendo should have released this as the original model just with a slight higher price. Then it would have great games from the start and sold even more and no one would be amgry about this new 3DS! You have to learn from Sony Nintendo. Power=games=units sold, not low hardware=low price=many units sold

You seem to ignore the Vita in your argument

Vita dosen't count because sony left it to die in a hole together with that failure virtual boy

I_Am_Kappa

LzWinky

No. It doesn't count because it makes your argument false. You should probably compare ds and psp sales next

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Captain_Toad

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

lets admit it... the 3DS was weak from the start and Nintendo should have released this as the original model just with a slight higher price. Then it would have great games from the start and sold even more and no one would be amgry about this new 3DS! You have to learn from Sony Nintendo. Power=games=units sold, not low hardware=low price=many units sold

You seem to ignore the Vita in your argument

Vita dosen't count because sony left it to die in a hole together with that failure virtual boy

Then I suppose we could discount the CDI, 32X, Saturn, Jaguar, 3DO, and the PSP too.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

martinskrtel37

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

people will always be angry. the 3DS wasn't weak from the start, too easy to say with hindsight. or are you just trolling like your username suggests. Kappa

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

TeeJay

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

By that logic they should have just skipped all the previous DS models entirely and gone straight to the DSi.

Technology advances. You can't just skip steps and go straight to the "final" step.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Drawdler

Removing the screws on the back of my New 3DS XL is the single worst experience I've had with a Nintendo console

One is screwed in a way I have to move it to the side or it'll scrape the casing, and the other won't budge no matter which way I turn it. I'm honestly worried I can't finish the transfer because of this

Edit: I finished it without breaking anything, but it took ages, and I still ended up falking a bit of the casing when I lifted off the thing, plus one of the nails scraped a bit of casing around it. Awful. Worst experience I've had with any console.

The screws don't completely lift off- they keep clicking back in. The idea is to loosen the screws before they click in again and pull the casing up from niches on the side with your stylus. However, pulling off the casing took me about half an hour of continually lifting slightly and unscrewing, while trying to make sure the nails didn't click back in or that I didn't click the whole shell back in (thankfully, the latter didn't happen).

I highly recommend you try to get the bottom casing off before starting a transfer, if only to loosen it a bit.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Eel

They will probably be a different color, probably a shade of gray or full white.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GAMEandASH

Can anyone with an Australian new 3DS check if there are multiple languages available in the system settings ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3BcrQyt22c&feature=youtu.be
Check out my first video about the New Nintendo 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1080-4519

Drawdler

^ Yes. It's on the 5th page of settings.
The languages available are: Français, Deutsch, Español, Italiano, Nederlands, Português and Pyccknñ (I can't spell the last one on this keyboard, haha).

On a related note, you can turn off the Super-Stable 3D and auto-brightness (but oddly, only the former through the settings app and only the latter on the home menu).

Tobiaku

Does the japanese version come with an SD card?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Drawdler

^ Yeah, there's a weird glitch on mine where it displays everything in English. I've heard a lot of other people have that as well.

kobashi100

Hoping play asia start shipping tomorrow. Have two faceplates coming also.

kobashi100

kenzo

This thread is going quiet.

I suppose its from all the New 3DS owners playing with their devices.

I bought a NEW 3DS XL and am getting familiarised with it.

My brief impressions are these.

1, Gameplay runs faster and seems more responsive and immersive.

When I play Resident Evil Mercenaries, I can get much better scores straight out of the box. I am not worried so much about keeping the sweet spot, and i swear the frame rate and image quality seem higher than usual. Run and gun is great.

2. The 'super-stable' 3D has me a little concerned as the calibration does not seem quite right.

I get a shimmering effect where it seems the tracking camera is unsure of my viewpoint.

My right eye sees the tracked image perfectly, but the left eye seems stuck between two layers.

I'll keep trying different things like other games and settings (including the latest updates) to fix it completely.

I would be disappointed if thats all that it can do.

3. For some reason my eyes hurt and get teary from the initial use of this console - may be I am getting too old.

I have used the regular 3DS and XL since launch so something is different with this new console.

4, The sound quality is good and undistorted. Loudness can be high.

5. I find it necessary to turn the brightness up, as low settings seem darker than usual, However high settings are very bright. Where is my welding helmet ...

Finally, I am generally liking this console and want to get more love from it. The build quality is very nice and it is a recommended buy.

Edited on by kenzo

kenzo

dumedum

BinaryFragger wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

No. It doesn't count because it makes your argument false. You should probably compare ds and psp sales next

The PSP sold over 80 million units. ALthough it's nowhere near the DS' 150+ million sales, 80 million is hardly a failure.

The argument was that more power doesn't mean more sales.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

kenzo

Just a few more comments about the NEW 3DS XL.

Played Residendent Evil REVELATIONS with the c-stick and extra shoulder buttons.

It was not a pleasant experience.

The game recognized the 3DS as having the c-stick equipped and asked for it to be enabled as the second circle pad. This went smoothly.

The c-stick in game is very difficult to use both from a sensitivity aspect and button reach / confusion with the x-y buttons.

Currently there is no sensitivity calibration for the c-stick (as far as I looked in the settings menus).

The c-stick was too inconsistent to use as a second circle pad as compared to the old Circle Pad Pro.

I don't know what Nintendo can do about improving its useability.

One other whine. The ZR and ZL shoulder buttons are awkward to use and means your hands have to creep around the console.

I would like to hear from others about the c-stick and shoulder button use in classical Circle Pad Pro games.

Note: do not throw out your old controllers.

On a positive. I bought a pair of 2.5 dioptre reading glasses and this greatly helps in playing the 'super-stable" 3D with very good and stable 3D effect.

I suspect the super stability in the 3D effect is more to do with lateral head movement than fore and aft ( depth axis) head motion, with respect to the screen. The reading glasses help bring the comfortable screen viewing distance to the 35 cm or so range that is suggested by Nintendo.

Its a workaround for me, but it is much better to use the console this way and works well.

Edited on by kenzo

kenzo

khadafi2999

Australian new 3ds listed in stock in playasia, it is the same region as europe!! so where is for usa and asia region nintendo?

New Nintendo 3DS (White) US$ 219.99
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-white-paOS-13-49-en...

New Nintendo 3DS XL (Metallic Blue) US$ 259.99
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-metallic-blue-pa...

New Nintendo 3DS XL (Metallic Black) US$ 259.99
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-metallic-black-p...

Nintendo fan.
Owned: NES, Megadrive, SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, DS, 3DS, and PC. Planned to buy: redesigned Wii U, New 3DS and maybe redesigned XBONE/PS4

6ch6ris6

i am kinda confused. what do you people mean with super stable 3D? do you mean the better 3D screen or a new feature you can turn off in the menus??

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

GAMEandASH

Has any European user been able to transfer their system and get access to the eshop/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3BcrQyt22c&feature=youtu.be
Check out my first video about the New Nintendo 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1080-4519

Akazury

Yes, this Dutch youtuber has an Aus N3DS and is able to transfer and access the Dutch Eshop

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic