Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,882

The_Ninja

Why the heck are we talking about EBOLA in a NEW 3DS thread?? Those things don't really go together.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Socar

I'm really worried about the lifespan of the 3DS.........like is the 3DS ending so soon? I mean that didn't happen for the DS and GB as well as GCN and wii but why now for the 3DS?

You think its possible to assume that the new 3DS games are most likely gonna go with digital since they have to figure out to somehow make new 3ds exclusive boxarts and all......

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Yoshi

Actually, I think the New 3DS is intended to extend its own lifespan, just like the DSi. There may be a couple exclusive games to make you pick up the system, and, most likely, some eShop games only playable on the New 3DS.

What'll probably happen is that most games will be compatible with all 3DSes, but there will be an enhanced version for the New 3DS.

Making new box art won't be that hard. Just slap ONLY PLAYABLE ON THE NEW 3DS, and they're good.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Socar

@brewsky well that's the real problem gamers are gonna have. To me, even if the new 3ds doesn't have much of exclusives, I'll be fine with it seeing that its got faceplates and all. But if those exclusives are made that force you to save extra cash just to get either so little or a lot after having a short lifespan for the 3DS family, its really gonna get frustrating. Atleast Dsi made a lot of sense because it had digital games that really weren't all that great for the most part except Risky's revenge.

I got a problem here and I want your opinions in this. Should I get the new 3DS at its launch year or wait after a year longer to see how it goes. The reason is well I usually play the waiting game because of how easily manufacturing defects happen so easily early at launch so if I'm one of those unlucky numbers, well I've been wasted. Then to see that this is rather the extension of the 3DS and that I'm really eager to get it myself is another problem as I've still yet to get the Wii U (YES ITS STILL YET TO BE STANDING IN MY ROOM!!!!!!!! XD).

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

I am getting it as soon as it comes out provided I have the money for it. I'm hoping to save whatever money I get for Christmas for this system and whatever faceplates I want. But stuff always seems to come up, what with three kids and all other responsibilities I have so we will see what happens. Otherwise I might have wait until my birthday next year. I hope they announce this in a January Direct or something cuz the wait is killing me. 😄

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

chiefeagle02

Quick question: Does anyone know how many slots it will have for WiFi connections? One big reason my 3DS XL isn't my "main" portable device is because it's limited to three connections (the DSi technically had six connections, albeit three of those were limited to WEP security). It's kind of a hassle to switch WiFi settings when I'm visiting a friend or going to a public WiFi spot.

"The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." -Robert Pirsig

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0551-8551 | My Nintendo: chiefeagle02 | Nintendo Network ID: chiefeagle02 | Twitter:

HappyHappyist

https://archive.today/EhoEB
Not every western player has a 3DS, so we won't be getting the new 3DS anytime soon, says Satoru Iwata

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Yoshi

So people have to buy a 3DS only to have it be replaced? Wonderful logic. -_-

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Inkling

HappyHappyist wrote:

https://archive.today/EhoEB
Not every western player has a 3DS, so we won't be getting the new 3DS anytime soon, says Satoru Iwata

Oh wow

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

zMigky

I'm glad that I decided to get a good used 3DS XL instead of waiting for the new hardware, it should keep me busy till the New 3DS releases~

3DS Friend Code: 4570-9430-3222
Nintendo Network ID: lelamquan184
Currently playing: Fantasy Life, Professor Layton series, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Eel

Oh well. That gives me time to enjoy my 2DS while the other 80% of people in this side of the world decide to buy a 3DS

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

Looks like my fall 2015 prediction for New 3DS release isn't so unrealistic...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

k8sMum

Nintendo will continue to what it wants when it wants. Even if that includes shooting itself in the foot repeatedly.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Pokefanmum82

Then why is Australia getting it too, this year. That doesn't apply to them at all. What are they getting this year, game wise, that we aren't? Australia, I mean.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

GamerZero1

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Looks like my fall 2015 prediction for New 3DS release isn't so unrealistic...

I was thinking more around March of 2015, looks like Nintendo would want to have the focus more on Wii U for the Holidays next year.

GamerZero1

Bolt_Strike

Spring 2015 sounds about right. They don't want the release gap to be too huge, especially if they have games planned for the near future.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Nintenman

The new 3ds comes out in Australia Nov 21st. I have a blue Xl on order. Cannot wait to get my hands on it.I owned the original gamboy when they first came out, years later got a gba and now years later again will get the n3ds

Nintenman

I_Am_Kappa

lets admit it... the 3DS was weak from the start and Nintendo should have released this as the original model just with a slight higher price. Then it would have great games from the start and sold even more and no one would be amgry about this new 3DS! You have to learn from Sony Nintendo. Power=games=units sold, not low hardware=low price=many units sold

I_Am_Kappa

LzWinky

I_Am_Kappa wrote:

lets admit it... the 3DS was weak from the start and Nintendo should have released this as the original model just with a slight higher price. Then it would have great games from the start and sold even more and no one would be amgry about this new 3DS! You have to learn from Sony Nintendo. Power=games=units sold, not low hardware=low price=many units sold

You seem to ignore the Vita in your argument

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic