Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,882

Socar

@WaLzgi

yeah I guess you're right. But still most of the time, they make silly decisions like what's the reason of not having quality commercials like before?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LzWinky

Because "quality" as you use it is entirely subjective.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Inkling

I'm (hopefully) getting every faceplate and amiibo if I can get them, they might be sold out XD

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

ProtoMac

Will definitely buy a New 3DS next year.

THANK HEAVENS FOR THE GINORMOUS META KNIGHT NERF!

HappyHappyist

So far it's looking great, but I'm only concerned with the second circle pad. If it's not comfortable, that could ruin the whole feature, and you can't put the CPP on it! I'll need to try it out for comfort before I buy it, and that's if it even comes to america.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Kewlan

Splatom wrote:

I'm (hopefully) getting every faceplate and amiibo if I can get them, they might be sold out XD

Holy squid, you must be rich! o_o

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

CanisWolfred

HappyHappyist wrote:

So far it's looking great, but I'm only concerned with the second circle pad. If it's not comfortable, that could ruin the whole feature, and you can't put the CPP on it! I'll need to try it out for comfort before I buy it, and that's if it even comes to america.

That's a big convern, but I'm hoping a third party will make a nice little thing you can pop on to make the end a little wider and (hopefully) more comfortable.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HappyHappyist

CanisWolfred wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

That's a big convern, but I'm hoping a third party will make a nice little thing you can pop on to make the end a little wider and (hopefully) more comfortable.

I'm wondering how an FPS would handle with it. On a laptop, how often do you play an FPS with the nipple, as opposed to a mouse? Not once. They're too general and unwieldy to use for specific location, how would MOON Chronicles play with it?

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HyruleZombie

Is this the old Nintendo controller style model? If so it looks sick. Although it sucks that it appears to not come with a game.

HyruleZombie

Twitter:

LzWinky

SuperMalleo wrote:

So i got my reply from Nintendo today, and.......

They didn't respond to my comment. All they said was "We are currently experiencing heavy email volumes. As a result, we have not been able to respond directly to your email." So yeah, i think NoA hasn't unveiled the New 3DS in NA yet.

So... why did you send them the e-mail in the first place? Why not just wait until the official unveiling?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

@WaLzgi same could be said for the other email volumes........ some people just want answers.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

JCnator

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just toyed with my recently-arrived New 3DS that came from Japan. I spent like 7 hours dabbling on it, and I can say that the new system enticed me to play more with my current 3DS games than on the older models. Here are my initial impressions:

• The new 3D depth management by tracking my head from the front camera definitely gave me a significantly larger sweet spot than any non-New 3DS model so far. Even if I deliberately quickly turn my angle of viewing, the 3D adapts fairly shortly accordingly. As long as you try to get your head directly facing to the screen and play with a well-lit environment, you shouldn't be seeing unwanted "ghosting" effects too often. Turns out that you can calibrate the 3D head tracking feature and even completely deactivate it if you're going to play in a dark room. I'm glad that I won't have to deactivate 3D quite often as I would on my older 3DS models.
  • The overall UI speed is considerably improved on HOME Menu, eShop and Miiverse. If you have a decent Internet speed, it'll be twice the speed of your old 3DS. I definitely appreciate how snappier the interface has gotten! Also, it's worth mentioning that New 3DS enhanced games (such as Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Monster Hunter 4G) will benefit significantly reduced load times and will enable Internet Browser and Miiverse.
  • The C-Stick did took some time for me to get used, because the force feedback is tougher to perceive than with the Circle Pad. It's a bit easier to slip my thumb away from it if I don't apply enough pressure to the stick. Thankfully, most games (including those who are compatible with Circle Pad Pro) that would use it are mostly relegated to camera controls and move shortcuts. Did I mentioned that you could move the cursor on the HOME Menu with the C-Stick?
  • The standard New 3DS model is obviously much more comfortable than the original 3DS. The latter's rough edges that aren't hand-friendly are practically gone and its teeny-weeny size of screens is slightly increased, but enough for me to not get tired during hours of gameplay without relying on XL's over-sized screens.
  • If you want to perform a system transfer from old 3DS to New 3DS, I highly recommend to opt for the Computer route if you happen to have the right screwdriver, a SD card slot and a microSD adapter. This is the fastest method. Don't bother with the first option (which is wirelessly sending data from SD Card to New 3DS's microSD) unless you're dealing with a very strict Internet data cap or a poor Internet connection, or simply didn't downloaded any large game to begin with. Trust me, it's very very slow. With around 6GB worth of data, it took me four hours and half to complete the transfer. I'm not entirely sure on how the second transfer option works, but I assume you transfer everything from your SD card (including the saves) but the downloaded games themselves. You can then redownload the missing games free of charge from eShop later on, and you get an opportunity to take advantage of the system's 2x faster download speed.
  • New 3DS microSD card management via a PC that is connected to the network can be useful if you lack the appropriate screwdriver, microSD adapter and a compatible SD card slot from computer. Good for simply importing your pictures and save datas (if you know where they are), but greatly daunting if you're going for a full backup. The data transfer speed is apparently capped less than 1MB per second (in my case, 420 KB per second on my 700 KB/s Internet) and can be worse depending on the wireless router's capacity and how many devices are actually interacting with it. No wonder why they always ask you to keep the system charging its battery. I'd rather plug my microSD card to my computer with my microSD adapter and manually manage files.

New 3DS is without question the best 3DS I came across. I recommend getting any model of it if you haven't gotten a 3DS yet or aren't satisfied with your current model. Otherwise, you might want to hold on purchasing it until later, as there won't be a single New 3DS exclusive game going to be available before the end of the year.

JCnator

Drawdler

^ Geat info. Thanks.

I'm glad to hear the loading times for Smash are much better. Does it still soft-reboot when you start the game? I've heard that it doesn't anymore when you're closing it, but I haven't heard about the startup.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

LzWinky

Drawdler wrote:

^ Geat info. Thanks.

I'm glad to hear the loading times for Smash are much better. Does it still soft-reboot when you start the game? I've heard that it doesn't anymore when you're closing it, but I haven't heard about the startup.

I don't think so. The new specs wouldn't need to reboot

Akazury

Drawdler wrote:

^ Geat info. Thanks.

Check out Gamexplain on Youtube they have done a couple in depth videos about the 3Ds including how it works with SSB

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Yoshi

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

I'm going to get the New 3DS but holding off for a little while with the talk of Ebola in the news. Downloading everything for the time being...

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Wait, how do those two things have to do with each other?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Scary_Old_Lady

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@Brewsky,

They have alot to do with each other. You don't no who touch's what at GS the same as I don't & considering Ebola can spread through germ's/viruses I'm not taking my chance's. Plus Ebola kill's people. A virus that kill's I'm not taking chances with. I already cancelled my pre-order at GS for Pokemon Omega Ruby - 3DS instead going to download the the game. The last few 3ds games I did buy yesterday at GS I kept in the bag until I got home put on rubber gloves then used disenfectant wipes on all the games I bought yesterday which was 3 games.

It's not worth taking a chance on a virus that can kill people. Push comes to shove my safety & well being comes first before the video games.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Wha? I don't even. You are being a little too over-cautious, considering the virus isn't even widespread in your country yet, also, this outbreak only has a chance of 50% death. Do you download your food and drink as well?

Edited on by Scary_Old_Lady

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

Yoshi

@Barbiegurl777 Please watch this. If you have any concern about Ebola, don't.

Not identical to the situation you're discussing, but if what you said is true, then all imports to the US would be stopped and we would have an outbreak. If you truly believe that you can get Ebola from buying a physical copy of a game, then you might as well not buy anything in the US because everything is imported.

I'm not trying to change what you think, but rather shed some light on the subject.

And please, this is for everyone. If you dare say that this video is illegitimate because it's Fox News, you're being ridiculous. Shepard Smith is no Sean Hannity or Glenn Beck. These are the facts.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Tasuki

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@Brewsky,

They have alot to do with each other. You don't no who touch's what at GS the same as I don't & considering Ebola can spread through germ's/viruses I'm not taking my chance's. Plus Ebola kill's people. A virus that kill's I'm not taking chances with. I already cancelled my pre-order at GS for Pokemon Omega Ruby - 3DS instead going to download the the game. The last few 3ds games I did buy yesterday at GS I kept in the bag until I got home put on rubber gloves then used disenfectant wipes on all the games I bought yesterday which was 3 games.

It's not worth taking a chance on a virus that can kill people. Push comes to shove my safety & well being comes first before the video games.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

You are going a bit extreme there. The Ebola virus cannot be spread like a cold or a flu. It is contracted through contacting bodily fluids. Now if the game had fresh blood, urine, vomit, feces, semen, mucus etc. on it then you would have to be worried and I dont think Gamestop would be that stupid to take a game in in that kind of condition. Tell me do you do the same thing with the food and drinks you buy from a grocery store?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MsJubilee

Someone not buying games from a store,cause of the ebola virus? That's a new one.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic