Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,882

LzWinky

Artwark wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

It's already confirmed for release in the West you know. I also find it highly unlikely that our version of the new 3DS will be that different from the Japanese version. Different colors, probably, but no changes to SD support. Why'd they do that anyway?

Have you seen the differences between the Famicom and the NES? The differences between the SNES and Super Famicom? It is because the systems were designed as means of convenience. If we got the Famicom one instead of NES, I doubt people would get used to it due to the way it was designed for Japan. So if we can't get used to removing the battery cover to just put SD cards in it, then NOA is gonna fix that for the convenience.

And most systems recently have been the same since the Super Famicom. This one will be the same in the west

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

unrandomsam

Might get purple buttons as an option.

Wonder if one of those ones that is an Asian system with the US firmware will come out first. (Like that Mario one recently).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Jmaster

@WaLzgi
Beat me to it. By the way @Artwark, the NES looked the way it did to make people believe it was a toy, not a game console, and the European SNES looked the same as the Japanese Super Famicon. Only 'muricans got the ugly gray-purple design...
Untitled

Jmaster

LzWinky

I liked the Super Nintendo design

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Inkling

Nintendo needs to buy the sound team from (now Microsoft) Nokia, to use in ads

No, seriously

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

baba_944

Hey, since 3DS revived a few classics ("Luigi's Mansion" and "Kid Icarus"), do you think the "New NINTENDO 3DS" will revive a few more classics?

Who are you?

Knux

I can tell you what will also probably happen for the New 3DS; Pokemon Z. At the very least, a game like that will be a 3DS game enhanced for the New 3DS (and it will print tons of money).

Knux

VmprHntrD

kereke12 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

I'm still scratching my head on why the H*** would Nintendo releases a weak console first then next years (Which is now) . Then says "Ok never mind to all 45 million of you, this is the real 3DS". I still don't get it???

Probably because of cost, Nintendo tends to cheap out when it comes to hardware.

Don't give me that excuse, that just a stupid excuse. Sorry I might be sounding rude but that just stupid — 45 million people have invested on the 3DS. Now they have to invest again because if they want to play Xenoblade or any other game that Nintendo gets out of bleep (Excuse my language), They will again have to invest. That's my problem that I have and I bet others feel the same way...

That's not an excuse, it's a fact, and they've done it since the 1990s. They pick certain hardward and test a lot of models, eventually something leaves R&D to the public, but to meet a marketing tested dollar amount on what people will buy, they either limit the hardware to a lower spec to cut costs, or they cut corners elsewhere in the handheld systems of theirs. As production costs and part costs reduce over time (usually about 2 years) they can then use the old price point of the original revision and offer up the beefier spec system or whatever whining(bad GBA screen) needed fixing to entice those to again buy another. Sorry if you feel that a budget, marketing, r&d and part purchasing is an excuse, but welcome to reality. They could have put that New3DS model out years ago but instead of a $170 handheld it probably would have been $250-300 and we saw how bad the Vita and PSP sold at that rate until prices dropped and bundles were made.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

gundamz

Since the new 3DS uses microSDs, if I have game(s) on an SD card for my 3DS, how would I transfer those games to a new 3DS?

gundamz

Eel

gundamz wrote:

Since the new 3DS uses microSDs, if I have game(s) on an SD card for my 3DS, how would I transfer those games to a new 3DS?

Copying the files from the SD to the micro SD

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

gundamz

Morphbug wrote:

gundamz wrote:

Copying the files from the SD to the micro SD

With my computer? Would that work?

gundamz

Drawdler

Knux wrote:

I can tell you what will also probably happen for the New 3DS; Pokemon Z. At the very least, a game like that will be a 3DS game enhanced for the New 3DS (and it will print tons of money).

I highly doubt the New 3DS will have enough power, but I hope they have overworld 3D on the New 3DS (and I'll be pretty dissappointed if they don't have a more stable framerate; I've seen X lag in some one-player 2D single battles).

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Inkling

Punch-Out remake. F-Zero GX remake.

DO IT NINTENDO

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Vincent294

What I would love is a system update that allows you to link your friend code and Nintendo Network ID. If we could substitute friend codes with NNIDs registering friends would be much more intuitive. They could also add a 3rd way of registering friends by listing Wii U friends that have a 3DS and vice versa. Adding messaging to the Miiverse app would also be much appreciated, even if it was locked behind the same fee used to unblock sites on the web browser. When you receive a message the notification light could blink orange for you. Game invites would also be useful, and maybe they could allow you to rearrange playlists on 3DS Sound if they wanted to. If they did that, I would be sold on the new 3DS, cause it would truly feel like a next gen experience. Hell, this would do wonders for the original ones too.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

Ash_Anne

@gundamz You can get a micro sd card adapter. It will make it easier to transfer your data when you use your computer. A lot of micro sd cards already come with them when you buy them.

3DS Friend code: 1203-9222-1363
Twitter: Ash_Hose

6ch6ris6

the "new" 3DS is just like the DSi. a few games that will only run on the new system but it is still part of the same generation and a last chance to sell more consoles before the next generation will come in 2 or 3 years.

i will definetly not get a new 3DS. i have the launch 3DS and i am happy with it. i am very sure we will see a new handheld generation at E3 2016. i will wait for that. i bought a DSi and it would have been a huge mistake if i already had a DS at that time.

the new features from the new 3DS are cool even though the second circle pad is way way WAY too small! a faster CPU will not make a huge difference. this is definetly not next gen.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Jmaster

I say ignore him. He obviously won't listen to any but his own (flawed) logic.

Jmaster

Jazzer94

Jmaster wrote:

I say ignore him. He obviously won't listen to any but his own (flawed) logic.

I decided to do that so deleted my original comment felt like I was bashing my head on a rock and wasting my time completely.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic