Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,941 to 1,945 of 1,945

HolyYoshi

Finally took the plunge and got a new 3ds Galaxy with a copy if Samus Returns . Finally going to get cracking on the huge backlog of 3ds Rpgs I have missed out on and split time between 3ds and Switch

Love both systems ... 3ds just seems like a different experience than Switch, even when in handheld mode , and I really do like Switch in handheld even though I play it more docked.

Best of both worlds I guess!

Nintendo network ID : HolyYoshi

Switch / My Nintendo : HolyYoshi!

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Hey Jaxon, I know you are pretty big into modding and I have a few quick questions since I've been out of the scene for about a decade. Have you used Citra? I have two old 3dses lying around and I'm thinking about setting them up so I can dump my games onto my pc so I can play on a tv instead of roasting my retinas. Does it handle the dual screen aspect well? any issues with sound or general emulation? Are you able to back up download only games? Hopefully I won't get a mod smackdown since I'm not asking you how to do anything or where to get games (since I'm just wanting to rip games I own). Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mods, if this is out of bounds just let me know and I'll drop it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Honestly, Citra isn’t quite there yet. Some games run mostly fine, but half don’t, and the ones that do run fine need different forks of Citra. I had to download one specific fork to run FE Awakening, another to run Metroid Samus Returns, and yet another to run MHXX (which didn’t run as well as I’d hoped- no big deal there though, since MH Gen Ult released on Switch afterward).

I’m sure it’ll progress and eventually be amazing, but right now it’s kind of hit and miss. You can dump games directly from cart, but I don’t know of any way to back up your download only games. I always just got those off the Internet (though I would buy them first on my main 3DS- I had a separate modded one where I dumped all my physical carts to digital so I didn’t have to buy them over again just for convenience, but I also wanted my digital purchases there so that it wasn’t incomplete).

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Sorry this is so late, I'm not on here as much anymore, thank you!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

linq

I noticed over the weekend that Target and Walmart had no 3ds systems stocked whatsoever. Plenty of 2ds though.

linq

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic