Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 1,881

jump

@RileyCrayCrayCool876 3DS, the best of the Wii U has been ported to the Switch aside from Star Fox Guard and a few others whilst the 3DS’ top stuff is unlikely to make its way over.

Codename STEAM, Ever Oasis and Rhythm Thief are under rated gems on the 3DS plus Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, the Fire Emblem games and Luigi’s Mansion 2 are great games. Also avoid Zelda Tri Force Heroes at all costs!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NoLife

RileyCrayCrayCool876 wrote:

Hey guys, I'm looking to collect for the Wii U or New Nintendo 3DS XL. Should I get a Wii U or New 3DS XL? I can only afford one right now, and I'm worried that if I get one and the other becomes rare, and can't collect it in the future. What do yall think?

I would go with the 3DS. They have some cool Special Edition also if you're looking to collect.

NoLife

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Ok, I will probably go with New 3DS XL, but I'm worried that if I don't get the Wii U now, I can't get it in the future due to how poorly it sold.

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Twitter:

gcunit

@RileyCrayCrayCool876 If you want both, and you want them in the best condition you can get, now's the time. Neither of them are increasing in availability. If you literally can't afford both now then decide what you value more - the graphics, bigger games and the rarity of the Wii U, or the portability and novelty of the 3DS.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@RileyCrayCrayCool876 The fact that almost the Wii U's entire library was ported to its successor will probably keep it from exploding in popularity like other retro platforms have.

And that feeds into why I'd recommend the 3DS. It has a large library of games, almost all exclusive, and many of them are skyrocketing in price compared to where they were even a year ago. It's absolutely more worth collecting for.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSVR_lover

Get the New 3DS XL. Period. The WII U is considered a failure. Not even a cult favorite. The 3DS is a nice piece of kit. I have one with 54 great games I will never part with.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Ok, my mind is set. I will go and buy a New Nintendo 3DS XL. The only thing is I just bought R.O.B The Robot too. So my profits are falling for dear life XD. Thanks Everyone!

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@RileyCrayCrayCool876 Oh, nice. So, what's your first game going to be? There's no wrong answer.

I got the 3ds because, I really wanted Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.
Then I got Mario Kart 8, Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Mario 3D Land.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Hi guys, so I bought a new 3DS Xl but it keeps shutting off and resetting the time and date when I move it to the left or shut the lid slightly, please let there be anyway to fix it? Please?

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@RileyCrayCrayCool876 That sounds fishy. I'd return it.

Nintendo support has directions & answers for most things. If you can't resolve it with nintendo support, that likely means repair is needed. Unfortunately support doesn't have instructions for repairs.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/contact

edit: I know little about fixing the 3ds, but I have seen Spawn Wave on youtube talk about buying 3ds's that don't work, and discovering that the screen ribbon plug wasn't seated well - apparently they can be fussy. That's just one instance I've seen, but I have no idea if that's your issue.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Um, I thought Nintendo Support didn’t support it any more?
And unfortunately I don’t have a 00 screwdriver so I can’t open the back.
But I put a case on it and it’s a bit better and it doesn’t shut down when I shut the lid, but only if I move it to the left too hard.

RileyCrayCrayCool876

Twitter:

PSVR_lover

RileyCrayCrayCool876 wrote:

Ok, I will probably go with New 3DS XL, but I'm worried that if I don't get the Wii U now, I can't get it in the future due to how poorly it sold.

The Wii U has a few great games. So it’s worth getting for those. The 3DS will always be around. Both are great systems which should have sold more than they did.

Maximumbeans

@PSVR_lover I get a bit of a kick out of the 3DS being one of my favourite consoles. People think it's some weird novelty but if you know, you know.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

PSVR_lover

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@RileyCrayCrayCool876 If you go 3DS, I recommend the New 3DS model, since the face tracking on New 3DS makes the 3D effect stable, effective, more user friendly. I love the 3D effect. I think it makes games look more surreal, and keep 3D on. Also, the New 3DS has a bit more power. Granted, there are plenty of people that don't care for the 3D.

I say Mario Kart 7 is a must have.

I loved the 3D on the 3DS. I played every game with the 3D on max. New 3DS really helped make the 3D more usable.

Luigi05

It's almost been a year since Nintendo stopped production of 3DS systems. Any thoughts?

Your first anything is important; a memory you don't want to forget. That's what makes nostalgia such a fascinating concept. That's why many people enjoy games that have aged well.

Anti-Matter

@Luigi05
Every video game machines will have their Twilight age. Soon 3DS will be history like previous machines.

Anti-Matter

Maximumbeans

@Luigi05 The console will live on for a long, long time through fan community efforts. There are still scenes that congregate around the Intellivision, of all things. I'll be playing my 3DS for years to come.

Edited on by Maximumbeans

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

6ch6ris6

so i was looking into finally getting a new 3ds xl, but it seems that it is impossible to buy an unused one at a reasonable price. i know nintendo stopped the production, but i thought there would still be plenty of new 3ds systems around that you could by in retail. i can only find units at 300€ and up.

any ideas on how to get a new 3ds xl at a reasonable price?

PS: i own a normal 3ds launch model and already have a bunch of games and eshop titles + dsiware games i would like to transfer. is that still possible?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Maximumbeans

@6ch6ris6 Your best bet is finding something on eBay or a similar marketplace platform. Buying it brand new from a standard retailer is going to cost a lot no matter how you split it.

As for transfers, yes, that's all still possible for the time being.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic