Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,882

HappyHappyist

I figure most New3DS games are going to be just updated regular 3DS games. Some games will work for both, but the New3DS copy will just be mildly updated. smoother FPS, graphics, etc. I don't think there'll be many New3DS exclusive titles.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Faruko

Yellowtails wrote:

I see the "new" 3DS being slightly cheap than the original 3DS.

It is, 16000 yens equals 160 dollars (and the 3DS goes for about 170 new nowadays, not counting deals), and in Japan games are more expensive than in the US, so it could be even cheaper here (150 maybe ???)

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Kyloctopus

Another reason Nintendo might be making the new 3DS model is to avoid giving anymore of their sales to Tomita Technologies
http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/5279658/nintendo-ordered-to-...
Tomita is grabbing nearly 2% of the 3DS' system profits, because of the patent lawsuit, involving how the 3D in the old 3DS works
Because this new 3DS uses a new patent for 3D, Nintendo will no longer have to worry about the lawsuit.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

mystman12

If I remember correctly, wasn't that patent on issue on 3D screens that utilize head tracking? If that's the case, the New 3DS could be even worse off.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

sub12

I highly doubt it, considering they have already said a number of times that the N3DS will have superior 3D viewing, I don't think they are trying to mislead customers here.......not to mention that the tech in the original 3DS is probably 5 years old or so already.

sub12

baba_944

I have an off-topic question. What does the "NINTENDO DSi" cartridges look like. Everyone said the DSi had some exclusive cartridges games so I want to see what the look liked.

Who are you?

Eel

I think they were just normal DS cartridges but in white.

Or was it black?

Edit:
Untitled

White. Black was for cartridges with infrared.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

baba_944

What games were made with that? I know "WarioWare" did but what others?

Who are you?

baba_944

Sorry, I meant for "NINTENDO DSi" exclusive cartridges.

Who are you?

LzWinky

There were barely any DSi exclusive games not counting digital. Pokemon was only enhanced by DSi

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

Oh, well Wario ware wasn't DSi exclusive either.

There were like four or five DSi games.

A camera rpg, a hair salon thing, a facial trainer and another called system flaw or some thing like that.

Some other games were DSi enhanced, like all the fifth gen Pokemon games and MvsDK mini land something.

Bloop.

baba_944

Oh, OK Thanks guys.

Who are you?

miiandmario

Morphbug wrote:

Relax, they won't go around making every single big game exclusive for these models.

They are not meant to completely eradicate the older models, they will be just the "newer, better option". Making every new 3DS game a "new" exclusive would only damage Nintendo.

Ok good i dont 1st party support to stop on normal 3ds's anytime soon.

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Faruko

To be fair, handheld consoles are really cheap, 150-200 dollars every 4 years its not a lot (quite cheap actually), i kinda agree on making a stopgap once every generation on its 4th year before the real deal comes a few years later.

Yes, it sucks for people that didnt buy their system early on, but thats not Nintendo's problem, thats like buying a PS3 4 years after its release and complain that you only used it for 2 years before its successor came in

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

shingi_70

Worst part of the new model is the move to micro SD. Its going to be a pain in the ass buying a 64 GB micro SD and an Adapter for it.

So this is probably going to launch in feb/march alongside Monster Hunter 4.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Bolt_Strike

WaLzgi wrote:

There were barely any DSi exclusive games not counting digital. Pokemon was only enhanced by DSi

"Enhanced" is a pretty generous word to describe it. DSi barely added anything in 5th gen.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Eel

Bolt_Strike wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

"Enhanced" is a pretty generous word to describe it. DSi barely added anything in 5th gen.

It gave most of us some good extra years of online pokemoning.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Joeynator3000

Surprised Nintendo hasn't said anything to us about this thing...>.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Inkling

I wouldn't be surprised if the next 3D Mario is only on this thing. The DSi only games weren't huge and AAA, Xenoblade is.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic