Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,882

JaxonH

@boyd88
Oh ok, I'm in US and forget this is a UK based site.

Yeah R4 cards are super cheap and do work. I always support the devs and buy my games, and would always counsel others to do the same, but I use R4 cards and hack my systems because there's just no substitute for having everything in one self-contained device without carrying around cartridges. Plus if you did an A9LH hack you can install any SNES game as virtual console, GameBoy Advance, NES, Genesis, you can install any 3DS game and swap saves back and forth with your cartridges, install any theme with a custom theme manager, and a whole lot more. That's why I was saying its a shame you sold your Wii U, cause all it takes is 30 minutes and you're playing GameCube in HD widescreen format with a modern Bluetooth controller. It preserves your collection in a digital age so you don't need to keep 3 systems hooked up to play GC, Wii and Wii U. 3DS hack is more like a 4 hour job but the tutorial is written step by step for people who aren't that tech savvy. Just alot of "put these files on SD, now put in 3DS, now do this, take out and put back in PC, now do this, etc etc.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

@JaxonH hey, just out of curiosity, how does the pro controller work with GameCube games that use the pressure sensitive trigger?

TuVictus

JaxonH

Operative wrote:

@JaxonH hey, just out of curiosity, how does the pro controller work with GameCube games that use the pressure sensitive trigger?

Not very well from what I hear, but that's no problem because you can just use a GameCube controller with the Smash adapter (yup, that works) or any other controller with analog triggers such as PS3 controller, PS4 controller, new Xbox One Lab controller, original Wii Classic controller, etc.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

So I ordered a refurbished Majora's Mask new 3DS from gamestop. The reviews seemed amazing and it cost $180 before tax and shipping. I thought why not.

It got here yesterday. Except it wasn't the Majora's Mask model, but instead the gamestop exclusive Golden Triforce model. My guess is someone saw the order, saw "Zelda" and was like "oh yeah this golden one" and shipped it off. I don't really feel like taking another 2 weeks to send it back and have them sort it out, so I decided to keep it. Plus, the triforce is more my style anyway. I am admittedly bummed though, I was looking forward to having one of the rarest 3DS's out there, as well as one for my favorite Zelda game.

Anyway, it came in pretty good shape. 3 small scratches on the cover. A couple tiny blemishes above the touch screen. The only slightly annoying part is there's some piece of dirt or tiny bit of debris under the top screen near the top. Most people won't notice, but once you see it you tend to focus in on it. Not a deal breaker, just slightly bothersome. Similar to the two tiny dead pixels on my LBW 3DS xl.

Overall: just buy a new 3DS, even though gamestop's refurbished model is almost like-new, the little tiny things niggle at you and they very well might screw up what you order like mine.

TuVictus

SuperPaperLuigi

I just dropped my New3DS on to my hard concrete floor, again, and I'm amazed at how risilient the thing is. I have a habit of trying to sit cross-legged in my desk chair which sends my 3DS shooting out of my pocket (so distressing)...

...so after it happened a few times the bottom right corner developed a slight creaking...I dropped it again just now and...now the creaking's stopped. ???

I don't recommend dropping electronic items...I'm just lucky it fixed itself and didn't just break completely. But seriously, if it wasn't for the resiliency of these things I would have broken mine at least four or five times over.

@Operative Stuff like that happens all the time to me on eBay and Amazon...petty fraud is absolutely rife these days...mostly it's deliberate, with people banking on me not returning it...but...I always do (almost half of the items I was receiving were either foreign language versions, budget releases or otherwise misrepresented with regards their quality. These days I email everyone on eBay and the Amazon marketplace beforehand and I still get people just basically lying about item condition to try and use me to defraud eBay through the money-back guarantee). I don't want to make you feel worse about it but someone at Gamestop probably put money into the till for the Tri-force version, which would have been sent out to you and then just pocketed the Majora's Mask 3DS. :0/

@JaxonH I heard it only worked for Pokken and Smash Bros., is that not still the case?

Edited on by SuperPaperLuigi

"I try to put good out into the world, that way I can believe it's out there". --CKN

JaxonH

@SuperPaperLuigi
"Officially" that's the case.

Unofficially is a whole other story. Any Wii or GameCube game that supports the GameCube controller works with the Smash Adapter, provided you take 20-30 minutes to mod the vWii mode of your Wii U and use Nintendont as your plugin for whatever backup launcher you use. Personally, I use Wiiflow because it can launch both GameCube and Wii from SD card, which is vital for me since I already have both my back USB ports occupied due to my external HDD with Y-cable for Wii U. So a 256gb SD was the perfect solution, and houses roughly 75 GameCube games and 60 or so Wii games.

So ya, it was a blessing Nintendo released that adapter because they just gave us the ability to play our GameCube games with native controller support like we had on Wii. Only on Wii U they're widescreen, HD and can be played with a host of other, modern wireless controllers. So really, there's no reason to keep a Wii now. I unplugged my modded Wii, ghosted the external HDD and boxed it up. Wii U does everything it could do and more.

SuperPaperLuigi

@JaxonH Awesome, thanks for the info. I had no idea about the Widescreen...I've just been keeping my Wii around for my Gamecube games, for the controller support...I really didn't want to get into the whole modding thing but if it'll give me widescreen then maybe it's worth doing...

...the thing is I've got a Sony Broadcast CRT for the image quality, but it does have a widescreen option, so I guess if I can pick up the right kind of Wii-U component cable it might be worth doing (although I don't have that many Gamecube games. I mostly just use the Wii for fighting games because of the gate on the stick and those are already widescreen).

Edited on by SuperPaperLuigi

"I try to put good out into the world, that way I can believe it's out there". --CKN

Octane

@JaxonH @SuperPaperLuigi @ProjectX1991 Just a friendly reminder that anything related to flash cards, homebrew and emulators regarding the 3DS and Wii U are not permitted. Feel free to talk about modding your previous gen systems, provided you don't post any links to resources that detail or provide illegal copyrighted material such as ROMs.

Also, since this is the new 3DS thread, I suggest we get back on topic again.

Octane

SuperPaperLuigi

@Octane Sure thing, my apologise, I keep hoping to hear "Yes Nintendo have enabled gamecube/smashbros controller support for all the Wii games that can utilise it" ...unfortunately the response always seems to be as above. :0/

JaxonH

@ProjectX1991
[email protected] is my email. Just shoot me a message where we can talk freely.

Captain_Toad

I, Captain Toad have braved the elements, walked various treacherous paths and crossed many rivers walked all the way to Wal-Martand is the proud owner of the New 3DS with Mario 3D Land preloaded!

About System Transfer, does it transfer NNID too and will 3D Land be switched over or just stay?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Spoony_Tech

@Captain_Toad You will have to re-download the pre-installed game once the transfer is complete.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WebHead

I think it is safe to say that NA ain't going to get the black small New 3DS. we would have likely gotten it by now if we were.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Maxonis

I've had a DS lite and a DSi and from what I can tell all of them had a flush edge when closed. My new 2015 3DS, however, doesn't. This makes it almost bendable when I close it and put it in my coat pocket. I tried to find a hard crystal case (like the one I had for my DS lite) that did have a flush seam (so it wouldn't be able to bend) but for the life of me I can't find one that is for the regular new 3DS, not the XL version. If anyone has found one, or a solution to the gap problem, pls let me know!

EDIT: I have found something, maybe:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hot-protective-case-f...
But despite the pics (which seem to indicate it fits the standard model) it does say somewhere it fits the XL model. Also, do more people have an XL model than the standard model? Because the options in terms of accessories seem much more expansive for the XL model.

Edited on by Maxonis

Maxonis

12cloudenvy34

Does anybody use grips/cases with their new 3ds xl?
Just curious

12cloudenvy34

WebHead

Hmm may get a 3DS next week. If I do I plan to get either the 3D Land New 3DS or the amazon exclusive green New 3DS XL. Opinions?

WebHead

gcunit

@WebHead Regular over XL, unless you've got size insecurities.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WebHead

@gcunit well i do think the larger size is more comfortable in addition to longer battery, yet the other is cheaper.

WebHead

Spoony_Tech

@WebHead Ask yourself how much you will play it as that may help you decide on a bigger screen or not. Hard to pass up a game and cheaper price though. I love my XL but my eyes aren't what they use to be and I kinda need the bigger screen. You're young still so unless you have monster hands and bad eyes you can't go wrong with either choice.

The knock the XL gets is because of the bigger screen you notice the pixels more. While that is true I don't hold it so close to my face that I ever notice. Then again bad eyes so.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic