Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 1,882

Socar

@Meowpheel: Hey so is it like normal to have those yellow contacts a bit scratched in the game card? I'm a bit paranoid about that.

I read it somewhere that it was normal but I'm not sure about that.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Bsham

Someone has a serious case of obsessive compulsive disorder.

Edited on by Bsham

Bsham

Eel

@Socar: it's normal, the cartridge is being pushed down and coming into contact with a different set of... Contacts... Inside the 3DS.

As usual, the metal contacts get tiny scratches everytime you take the cartridge in and out of the system due to abrassion... Don't worry though, it will take decades before they wear out enough to cause issues.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

David_NL

I kind of wish I got the Pokemon New 3DS bundle. I want the regular sized one. I will jump on the next available bundle (or if it comes standalone). Hopefully in the next few months!

David_NL

Pokefanmum82

Same here although I was hoping to get it for my daughter and we would have shared the cover plates. Maybe they will release another bundle once the new Pokemon games come out.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

David_NL

I'm guessing one of you already has a New 3DS with cover plates. Those are a neat bonus. I am hoping a new bundle comes out sooner than the new Pokemon games!

David_NL

polaris1966

I personally love my new 3DS XL. Best purchase I've ever made in recent years, and my library of games is slowly growing. This portable goes everywhere I go and gets played often (when there's a break, lunch, or some time at night). I had an original 3DS awhile back, but wanted the bigger screens.

My backlog is growing...sigh.

Spoony_Tech

@polaris1966: That sounds like me. It's why its become my best friend. Whenever I have free time it's always with me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

polaris1966

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@polaris1966: That sounds like me. It's why its become my best friend. Whenever I have free time it's always with me.

Yep. It's amazing how you get "attached" to these little electronic devices. Nintendo's, in particular.

My backlog is growing...sigh.

Gremstein

So in the US we got the animal crossing and pokemon bundled smaller new 3ds systems, which are currently the only retail releases of the smaller size. Do you guys suppose there will be anymore of these sort of bundle deals, or would it be wise to pick one of these up while stores actually have them?

Gremstein

David_NL

@Gremstein: I hope they release another version of it. The Pokemon one is completely gone, and the AC one is more expensive than it was on release.

David_NL

Gremstein

I was able to find the Pokemon bundle at my local Toys R Us, I was shocked they still had one so i snatched it up while I had the chance.

Gremstein

David_NL

Oh really?! Congratulations. Hope you enjoy it.

David_NL

Luceus

Yeah Animal Crossing Bundle is 250$ in Amazon, the Pokemon one is 300$, lol.

Damn i really hope they release a Black New 3DS, it looks so beautiful with the Triforce Zelda cover plate 055, i need it.

How about a Zelda bundle with Zelda cover plates and a bunch of virtual console Zelda tittles?

Edited on by Luceus

Luceus

David_NL

@Luceus: There are no new Zelda games coming out for 3DS, so I can't see that happening. It would be nice though!

David_NL

Socar

So between the circle pad, d-pad and the touch screen, I noticed a straight line on my XL......I have no idea how it got there since I have taken extreme care with it. Heck, its not even showing that same line on the top screen since I put protectors. I don't even use sleep mode.

I'm wondering if that line is part of the design........

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Eel

I don't know what you mean by straight line, It could be just from normal use.

Your skin produces oils that stick to the things you touch, being a part of the system where you usually place your thumb, it's normal for the system to become slightly stained by them.

The touch screen is raised, and the surface inside that corner is not usually touched by your thumb, so it still looks like new, compared to the part where you can touch.

For example, you should be able to see that the face buttons are surrounded by what seems to be a different color when compared to the rest of the system.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

geron

Hey guys, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I just wanna know if it is worth it for me to pay extra for New 3DS XL or 3DS XL would be enough (difference is 100$ where I come from). I'm not gonna use 3D function or Amiibo and all I'm gonna play are Zelda games, Pokémon and Mario Kart 7. I've never owned DS or 3DS, so I'd rather ask before buying, thanks.

geron

gcunit

@geron If that is genuinely all you're going to do with it then regular 3DS sound like the right choice.

...but isn't there a chance, if you've never owned one before, that once you get and fall in love with it, you'll want to do more with it, in which case N3DS would be best in the long term.

Why won't you be using 3D?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

David_NL

@geron Since you mentioned Zelda games... If you want to get A Link to the Past, it is only available on a New 3DS. Also, the Hyrule Warriors game runs better on a N3DS.

David_NL

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic