Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 1,882

Undead_terror

Hopefully it won't happen to much and nothing else happens...first pressing the lower D Pad making big clicking for a few clicks, now this...really don't want another N3DS or send it in for repairs and such.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Starz

Undead_terror wrote:

Anyones 3DS ever freeze sometimes when you go to check your friends list and leave?

Yep I've had this but normally happens when I come off Miiverse then go on my friend list. But it hasn't done this for ages now so I'm guessing an update fixed it for me.

Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ToadLucy

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0577-5238 | Nintendo Network ID: ToadLucy

Socar

Ok so I needed to check things out and before closing my new 3DS XL, I put a microfiber on the top screen and then closed it because I didn't want to get scratches on the top screen from all the news I heard about. So while it still works, should this be something that I shouldn't do because of the sleep function getting spoiled or something?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Yoshi

Artwark wrote:

Ok so I needed to check things out and before closing my new 3DS XL, I put a microfiber on the top screen and then closed it because I didn't want to get scratches on the top screen from all the news I heard about. So while it still works, should this be something that I shouldn't do because of the sleep function getting spoiled or something?

Spoiled is an odd way of putting it. However, the 3DS has magnets that put the system to sleep when they are in close contact. Putting a thin cloth in between is not enough to break the contact, so it should be fine.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

martinskrtel37

Artwark wrote:

the sleep function is not affected by a microfiber cloth inside the unit. having said that, you do not need one of those in the New 3DS XL. that was a problem on the original 3DS

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Spoony_Tech

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

the sleep function is not affected by a microfiber cloth inside the unit. having said that, you do not need one of those in the New 3DS XL. that was a problem on the original 3DS

Not true, I had the same problem with my old XL and I can tell you for sure it's not fix on the new models either. I have the same marks on both side of the screen on my New XL. Thankfully I have a screen protector on the top screen.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Yoshi

Spoony_Tech wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Not true, I had the same problem with my old XL and I can tell you for sure it's not fix on the new models either. I have the same marks on both side of the screen on my New XL. Thankfully I have a screen protector on the top screen.

Not an issue on my New 3DS. Perhaps the screen protector is just thick enough to rub against the bottom?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Spoony_Tech

@brewsky: Well I've said it before but it's mainly due to frequent pocket use. The pressure of squeezing the top and the bottom together are what cause the scratches to begin with. I literally have mine in my pocket like 10 to 15 hours a day. That includes chasing the kids at the park and running. I like mine with me at all times as I never know when and where I'll get to play.

I've also said Nintendo encourages us to carry this thing around with us everywhere and yet for someone like me still hasn't really fixed the issue.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

Spoony_Tech wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

prove it. the screens don't even touch on the New XL when you close it!

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Eel

It really depends on how you carry it around and the natural levels of dust in your area.

The system is rather large, with enough pressure the top screen bends and touches the other.

If you live in a dusty area, it will be easier for specks of dust get sandwiched by the system and damage the screen even if you don't apply much pressure.

It's even scarier when the dust gets between the screen and the stylus while you slide it around. You can feel it. That's why I always use protectors.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SuperWiiU

Morpheel wrote:

It really depends on how you carry it around and the natural levels of dust in your area.

The system is rather large, with enough pressure the top screen bends and touches the other.

That's why you should use a hard case, it protects the system from both.

Spoony_Tech

@martinskrtel37: @Morpheel pretty much summed it up. If the top and bottom are squeezed enough and that happens in your pocket from just walking around with tight pants.

MERG said:

Starz

I've noticed on my new 3DS is I get a circle next to the screen but below the speakers which is where the circle pad touches the top part :/ the screens aren't touching at all as when I close it I can see right through to the other side.

Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ToadLucy

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0577-5238 | Nintendo Network ID: ToadLucy

Socar

I got a question. Does removing dirt on the LCD screens using tape damage the screens like in terms of display? I basically did it to remove air bubbles on the touch screen.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Artwark wrote:

I got a question. Does removing dirt on the LCD screens using tape damage the screens like in terms of display? I basically did it to remove air bubbles on the touch screen.

Depends on the tape, if the tape isn't that strong and doesn't leave any residue it should be fine.

Spoony_Tech

That's great news. Hopefully they fly off the shelves and Nintendo realizes people want these. I'm happy with my XL though.

MERG said:

Uberchu

Spoony_Tech wrote:

That's great news. Hopefully they fly off the shelves and Nintendo realizes people want these. I'm happy with my XL though.

correct me if wrong, but the only store shelf that IK is selling any is NWS. I really want the pikachu and smash plates 100% for sure but idk.

so none can really "fly off shelves"

Edited on by Uberchu

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@SPAMCHU~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Uberchu: I think unless there's a big demand for them they will strictly be online and NWS only. Now if these sell out quickly maybe they will go to the retail giants but they won't print many of them that's for sure.

MERG said:

Uberchu

@Spoony_Tech: you make a good point, but the system is AC HHD bundle exclusive for now, so unless we see non bundled units soon I expect the same.

I actually wasn't expecting this at all, the system comes with 2 plates after all, I have it and have the house plates on atm. Nice to see more plates coming to NA though.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@SPAMCHU~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic