Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,882

TylerTheCreator

@Pokefanmum82: Treated my original 3DS and my XL very well and never had any problems, and I have yet to have problems with my New 3DS XL.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Socar

Played a bit of Uprising on the new 3ds XL.....and one thing worried me. Whether the circle pad is durable or not and I was careful of not adding too much pressure to it and now I'm worried if I actually did add too much pressure or not that it would break in the future.

I hope its like the original 3DS where the pad was durable and not like the XL where it wouldn't last long.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

TylerTheCreator

@Artwark: I don't think it would break off unless you intentionally tried to.

TylerTheCreator

LegoNintendo12

Thinking about getting one of these, is it worth it? Or will it be soon replaced you think?

LegoNintendo12

martinskrtel37

LegoNintendo12 wrote:

Thinking about getting one of these, is it worth it? Or will it be soon replaced you think?

even if it was being "replaced" soon it is still worth it.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

kimrhae11

I got it new 3ds xl, it is so great
Plus when I went to this store here they have those limited edition so I got the monster hunter 4 version (so happy;)
They also have pokemon version and another monster hunter new 3ds (not the xl version)

kimrhae11

DoctorOverbuild

Waiting for that Animal crossing new 3ds xl to be available for pre-order already got a standard new 3ds but I like having both and I didn't really like the black and blue is okay... Anyway I'm glad I waited because I love the white colour on Nintendo systems and animal crossing is amazing! So it's a perfect match!

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

octoman2611

Not to bring too much of a downer on this thread, but knowing what I know now I regret upgrading to the New 3DS XL. I did have the original model 3DS from launch back in 2011 so thought I'd upgrade partly because it was so old and partly because I thought that support for the 3DS family and New 3DS in particular was going to continue. As I'd never played Xenoblade before the remake sweetened the deal as well.

I'm quite disappointed that outside of Xenoblade there have been no New 3DS exclusive games to justify the upgrade. Looking at the 3DS' lineup from E3 I can't help but come think that it's a console on it's last legs, even the Mario and Zelda games that have been announced seem very much like spin offs. I don't feel particularly great about having upgraded a console that seems likely to have been replaced within the next year or so. To top it off, Xenoblade is now available cheaper on WiiU eshop, without the significant performance issues that the 3DS version has.

octoman2611

Spoony_Tech

Dang that's a good price!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Yoshi

Yep, and Kmart seems to agree too. They pulled it.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Lalivero

Dang the new XL is crap...and the fact that you can't transfer back to an older system manually is just as crap. Such crap...heh.

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

UndeadSlayer13

I have a special edition ocarina of time 3ds system I'm selling the l and r buttons are broken but you can get it repaired for $50 cheaper if u do it ur self I'm starting at $300 cause on a new one goes for $380 if u are interested text me at 706-303-1884

Edited on by UndeadSlayer13

UndeadSlayer13

TylerTheCreator

UndeadSlayer13 wrote:

I have a special edition ocarina of time 3ds system I'm selling the l and r buttons are broken but you can get it repaired for $50 cheaper if u do it ur self I'm starting at $300 cause on a new one goes for $380 if u are interested text me at 706-303-1884

The L and R buttons are broken. You cannot sell it for more than retail price like that.

TylerTheCreator

llamareborn

Hey guys, Got the new 3DS and can't find out anywhere if the plain coloured cover plates (Red, Pink, Blue) are matte like the Majora's Mask ones or glossy like the Xenoblade ones. Was wondering if anybody had a set and could tell me.

llamareborn

Socar

Ok guys this is really.....really weird.

So I tried Uprising on the new 3DS and tried changing control options like using the face buttons for movement. Instead of walking, Pit automatically starts running when I press the face button only once. So I assumed that its a design flaw and left it out. But when I played it on the original XL, he does the walk! and when pressing the button again, he runs! So then I checked and tried figuring out as to why he automatically runs when I press the face buttons I'm assuming its a defect but I don't see how because the face buttons work with no issues. But how is this one issue there in the new 3ds if you play Uprising with the face buttons?

Anybody with Uprising with the original and new 3DS, could you check this out so that I'm not the only one here? Apparently, someone else also has this issue.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Yoshi

I have Uprising digitally installed, so I can't compare to my original 3DS, but Pit does indeed immediately run if I use the face buttons. The only way to get him to walk is by making him run in one direction and quickly switching to another that is not the opposite direction from where Pit is running. It has to be perpendicular.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Xyphon22

I have a couple of questions about the New 3DS because I fear my old launch 3DS may be about to die (there have been multiple times the past couple of days I have opened it and the screens just stayed black and I had to hard shut it down), and I'm not sure if I want to upgrade or not. For starters, I don't really want Xenoblade 3D (already have it on Wii), I think the only game I do own or am all that interested in that would benefit from the second stick is Moon Chronicles (I don't have Smash yet, but if I do I will probably get it on Wii U anyway), and the only amiibo game I am too interested in is Chibi Robo (and Smash, but again probably won't get the 3DS version), but if the only amiibo usage is making Chibi Robo super strong and therefore making the game easier, I don't think I care for that usage of it. I also want Hyrule Warriors since I have yet to get the Wii U version, but is that going to be New 3DS only do we know? So do people think the new one is worth the extra money given those things? Also, are there any more hints that North America might get the regular version at some point (I seem to remember Reggie saying something a few months back that suggested it might be coming), because I would rather have that version since I prefer my portable systems to be, you know, portable. Which leads to my last question, how does the size compare to the original 3DS? I carry it around a lot, and I don't want something too bulky in my pockets. Thanks for any input.

And oh yeah, is there a way to back up all my stuff so that if my current 3DS does die, I can still move all of my games and things to any new one I might get without having the old one available?

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Spoony_Tech

@Xyphon22: Last question first, you can only back up the memory card data as you have to do a system to system transfer no matter what. It has your Id and all your dl games tied to it.

Next question you have to ask yourself is how much do you use the 3d? I love it for that alone plus it hasn't been said much but it does enhance the graphics of some games. I've heard MH4U is a great example of this.

As for bulk I've had an Xl and now New XL in my pocket for the last 4 years and probably only left home without it in my pocket maybe 50 of those days. It's with me almost all the time and I'm not a very big guy either. There is some bulk there but the rroundness of the system makes it feel a lot better.

If we haven't heard by now about the regular model we may not get it. They did a quick U turn on Devil's Third so it may seem but they don't seem to want to take a risk on the smaller version. However I would be surprised if it's announced tomorrow giving their track record.

As for Hyrule warriors I would just get the Wii U version as it will most likely look better and run better. Not saying it won't run fine on the 3ds but I have my doubts.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic