Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,882

Spoony_Tech

Eat_Pie wrote:

Is the New 3DS worth it? I'm probably one of the few people who hasn't upgraded and still has a normal 3DS. I'm fine with it, as long as the 3DS still continues to get games such as the new Fire Emblem. I'm considering upgrading, but the New 3DS only has Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, and I'm thinking about waiting to see if new games are revealed exclusively for the New 3DS. I'd like to play Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, as I never played the Wii version, but it's probably not a huge factor if I end up buying one. Should I upgrade to new 3DS?

Do you use 3d a lot? Its worth it alone just for that. If you don't use it you just might use it more if you do get one. There's also a slight but noticeable bump in graphics for 3d visual games. Faster speed in and out of games helps as well. However if you're happy with your current 3ds don't feel pressured to upgrade.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Yoshi

The stylus for the New XL is barely usable as well. I wish they'd bring back the telescoping stylus that they used for the original 3DS, I liked that one a lot.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Spoony_Tech

I rather like the thickness of the New 3ds XL's stylus. Feels more comfortable then any before it.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Mimi_

What I like about the new 3ds - cover plates! I bought the one with Poogie. It's absolutely adorable!

And now I'm waiting for this one ~
Untitled

Mimi_

Starz

WaveBoy wrote:

Mimi_ wrote:

What I like about the new 3ds - cover plates! I bought the one with Poogie. It's absolutely adorable!

And now I'm waiting for this one ~
Untitled

I don't even like Animal Crossing, but that just looks beautiful. Such a shame that Nintendo didn't release the N3DS outside of Europe and Japan. I ended up returning my two N3DS XL's and just sticking with my Launch Aqua Blue 3DS. much happier.

I live in Europe so i'm lucky & can get this.

Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ToadLucy

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0577-5238 | Nintendo Network ID: ToadLucy

kimrhae11

Which would you recommend to buy? the new 3ds XL? or the regular new 3ds?
The last console I had is PSP. Does XL have a good grip? or the screen pixels is it more streched in the XL than the Regular one?

kimrhae11

Ralizah

kimrhae11 wrote:

Which would you recommend to buy? the new 3ds XL? or the regular new 3ds?
The last console I had is PSP. Does XL have a good grip? or the screen pixels is it more streched in the XL than the Regular one?

Normal model - Smaller screens with slightly sharper image quality. Also has removeable faceplates.

XL mode - Much larger display that makes everything on-screen easier to see. You lose some sharpness in the image quality and the ability to put on new faceplates.

I feel like the larger model is much more comfortable for someone like me who has large hands. It's also larger and somewhat heavier, though, which might not be a good fit for some people.

I've never seen anyone upgrade to an XL model and regret it, but I'm sure some people have.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

luisesteban

So, no exclusive games for the New 3DS?

luisesteban

martinskrtel37

I was expecting something New, like a remake of a Cube title at least. But I guess there is still a lot of new content out there.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Socar

luisesteban wrote:

So, no exclusive games for the New 3DS?

The lack of exclusives, the better because while I do have a New 3DS, a lot don't and putting more exclusives simply means angering the 3ds owners.

EDIT: How durable is the New 3DS XL circle pad compared to the original XL? Is it something that can break easily like the original when playing smash?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

WebHead

Yeah I feel now that Nintendo wasn't ever planning to release a bunch of exclusives. They just wanted faster models with built in CPP and amiibo NFC.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

GuardianKing

I've had my 3DS for almost 5 years now (limited edition Zelda OoT model), and the hard drive has failed me several times. Thankfully, Nintendo's warranty covered that. It's been over a year since the last meltdown, except that this wonderful little thing is starting to breakdown for good (unresponsive buttons, loading screens that take a bit too long, etc.)

I was considering upgrading to a New 3DS, but the thing is, it's 200$. So, I come here to you guys for some input. Y'all think it's worth it, or should I just get a normal XL?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

GuardianKing wrote:

I've had my 3DS for almost 5 years now (limited edition Zelda OoT model), and the hard drive has failed me several times. Thankfully, Nintendo's warranty covered that. It's been over a year since the last meltdown, except that this wonderful little thing is starting to breakdown for good (unresponsive buttons, loading screens that take a bit too long, etc.)

I was considering upgrading to a New 3DS, but the thing is, it's 200$. So, I come here to you guys for some input. Y'all think it's worth it, or should I just get a normal XL?

Do you have interest in Xenoblade Chronicles? (you should)
Do you have any games you want to replay that will benefit from the second stick/nub? eg. Metal Gear Solid 3, Resident Evil, Codename STEAM
Do you want to play with the 3D on?

if yes to any of those, that's incentive to buy the New 3DS

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

Grumblevolcano

GuardianKing wrote:

Dependent on which games you're talking about, the loading screen issue isn't a problem with your system but rather the fact the standard 3DS models (3DS, 2DS, 3DS XL) are not powerful enough. Games like Smash and Monster Hunter only have quick loading screens when played on the new systems (New 3DS, New 3DS XL).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

So I had to send my New 3ds XL in recently from overheating. What was happening is in sleep mode if on a charger or not it would get dangerously hot and shut off. This happened about 10 times in 3 months before I decided to send it in. It was a brutally long wait even though it was only about 10 days.

Thankfully Splatoon came out days from when I sent it in to not only help pass the time but even still demands a lot of my free time.

They couldn't replicate my problem but replaced what they thought it might be. A month later and not one single problem. Glad I sent it in as I seen one other on Miiverse with the exact same problem.

MERG said:

Socar

@Spoony_Tech: Could either be a defect or something because I don't recall that being a major thing that Nintendo warns off. They said that you can play games while charging but it delays the battery charge. I do feel some heat when playing and charging at the same time but that's probably normal I guess.

Then again....the more you know I guess.

Speaking of which, has anyone here had any issues with the shoulder buttons and the circle pad for the new 3ds? Are they any worse than the originals?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

i've never had any problems with anything on any DS systems. i get the feeling people treat their tech like please stop swearing if they're breaking buttons and the like.

Edited on by Eel

Octane wrote:

Pokefanmum82

I treated my original 3ds like gold and the hinge still broke on it. My red Pokemon XL was treated well and my son just happened to take it to school on a cold day and then it shut off permanently. You can treat electronics like gold and still have problems.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic