Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,882

retropunky

So I finally got my hands on a red New 3DS XL. I'm very conflicted now if I should transfer from my 25th Anniversary LOZ 3DS to this one. I've heard so many stories about the transfer/microsd/lost save data stories that it's kinda scary. And I really like the standard model.

I only got it cause I was able to trade for it and get a cheap price for it. So it's just sitting there.

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Yoshi

PKpunky wrote:

So I finally got my hands on a red New 3DS XL. I'm very conflicted now if I should transfer from my 25th Anniversary LOZ 3DS to this one. I've heard so many stories about the transfer/microsd/lost save data stories that it's kinda scary. And I really like the standard model.

I only got it cause I was able to trade for it and get a cheap price for it. So it's just sitting there.

If you do a PC based transfer, everything should work fine. Just be sure to use a reliable computer manufactured within the last decade or so.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

retropunky

@brewsky

Definitely doing a PC transfer, if I ever do the transfer. Everything looks simple enough. One thing I already did that may have been a mistake was switch out the 4gb microsd to a 16gb microsd. I have more reading to do about that since I've seen that can cause issues.

retropunky

TeeJay

So...is there an easy way to get pictures onto my PC without uploading online via that convoluted image share process? How can I upload directly to my computer without having to upload online and then go on my computer to download the image?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Yoshi

TeeJay wrote:

So...is there an easy way to get pictures onto my PC without uploading online via that convoluted image share process? How can I upload directly to my computer without having to upload online and then go on my computer to download the image?

You can either 1) Plug the SD card into your computer and pull the pictures from it (easier to do with an original 3DS) or 2) Use the image transfer tool (only on the New 3DS).

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

TeeJay

brewsky wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

You can either 1) Plug the SD card into your computer and pull the pictures from it (easier to do with an original 3DS) or 2) Use the image transfer tool (only on the New 3DS).

I would rather not touch those screws ever again so that leaves me with 2. But wasn't 2 what I was talking about? You need to find a medium to upload to online and then go on your computer to grab the picture yourself? If so that is extremely um, dumb, for lack of not thinking of a more accurate word right now

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Yoshi

Go to System Settings > Data Management > microSD management. That's the image transfer tool.

Now playing:

TeeJay

brewsky wrote:

Go to System Settings > Data Management > microSD management. That's the image transfer tool.

Oh thanks! I'll try it out next time I have a chance to.

Spoony_Tech

One of my only gripes with the system is why can't I go to the eshop without closing my game. I'll guess it's tied to the hardware but I was hoping for that feature.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Fyrien

Hello, I'm about to buy a new 3ds xl and I'm kinda confused about the system transfer. I use a 32GB microSD card with my regular 3ds, so If I get it right, I can do the PC transfer which transfers basic stuff like licenses and then just swap the 32GB microSD for the blank 4GB mSD and it should work?

Fyrien

Spoony_Tech

Fyrien wrote:

Hello, I'm about to buy a new 3ds xl and I'm kinda confused about the system transfer. I use a 32GB microSD card with my regular 3ds, so If I get it right, I can do the PC transfer which transfers basic stuff like licenses and then just swap the 32GB microSD for the blank 4GB mSD and it should work?

If you already use a micro you're already set. All you need to do is start the transfer and when it asks you to remove the memory card and put it in your new system you're done. No PC needed for you.

Miss read that. Yes do the PC transfer When it prompts you. Should take all of 15 mins or so.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Yoshi

Fyrien wrote:

Actually, you get to skip a few steps because you're already using a microSD card with your current 3DS. Just be sure to say that you are using a microSD card when the system asks and you'll be fine. You don't even have to use a PC to transfer!

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

Fyrien

Wow, that was quick Thank you guys

Fyrien

Hy8ogen

Spoony_Tech wrote:

One of my only gripes with the system is why can't I go to the eshop without closing my game. I'll guess it's tied to the hardware but I was hoping for that feature.

I think it's more of a hardware limitation. The 3DS probably couldn't handle running a game and the eshop at the same time.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

retropunky

So just an update from my experience on transferring to the New 3DS. It took about 15-20 minutes, and worked like a charm. There were no issues, thank goodness.

I did the PC based transfer and just copied the data from the old sd card onto the microsd card.

The XL does feel better when holding it, and is faster overall. Gonna miss the old 25th LOZ 3DS.

retropunky

Tiefseemiez

Hm. At first I was really pleased with the stable 3D, but now I got the same Issue with the image flickering especially at the sides of the screen. What`s wrong?

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Starz

Tiefseemiez wrote:

Hm. At first I was really pleased with the stable 3D, but now I got the same Issue with the image flickering especially at the sides of the screen. What`s wrong?

I get this too especially on animal crossing new leaf but it seemed to have stopped last night when I turned off the power saving mode so maybe it's something to do with that?

Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ToadLucy

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0577-5238 | Nintendo Network ID: ToadLucy

Tiefseemiez

I don't think so, turned it off a couple of times already. But I will try to calibrate (is this a word in english?) it again with a different position. Have this problem with Mario Kart and Monster Hunter 4 so far. So I think with all other games too. It gets better when I turn down the 3D a bit. Otherwise I really love my New 3DS. Though I once had the problem that thec-stick did not react in MH4 and sometimes my hands become just too sweaty for it to work properly. ^^

Tiefseemiez

Think I changed my position too much. Works great again now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic