Forums

Topic: New 3D Mario Platformer

Posts 121 to 140 of 140

Adam

Maybe the sidescroller will be New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

RoyalBlur

NintyFan wrote:

You know, since this game will apparently take some pointers from Super Mario Bros. 3, why not bring back the tanks as well as the airships? Seeing those big things in a 2D or 3D Mario game today would be pretty impressive, especially if there was an army of them. All those cannonballs and bullet bills they would fire would make some challenging platforming.

I agree, I'd love to see them airships in grande 3D!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

rolLTheDice

Tj92 wrote:

I think the little Mario mechanic can be used for something like a bonus stage that you can do after completing all the other missions in a world.

Maybe there could be a little entrance that opens up in a secret spot of the world that's so small, only little Mario can crawl under there (or crouch-walk)

I think that would be a little too predictable for a Mario game after all Galaxy's greatness.
In contrast i'd really love to see hidden exits รก la Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. You'd have to use Mini Mushrooms, flying items and a "duck'n'float" mechanic a bit like the floating in Super Mario Sunshine.

supernin10do wrote:

I think it's a new game that will use every item from all of the previous games. I'm expecting to see mini mushroom, mega mushroom, fire flower, cape, racoon suit, frog, penguin, ice flower, rock mario, cloud mario, spring mario, bee mario, metal mario, invisible mario, wing hat, and star power.

I'd really love to see the mini mushroom and racoon suit at least too.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

TeeJay

Uh, to the above comment, check your second quote. I never posted that, only as a quote of somebody else.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

rolLTheDice

Tj92 wrote:

Uh, to the above comment, check your second quote. I never posted that, only as a quote of somebody else.

Done !

rolLTheDice

IanMage

What I really would like to see, more than anything, is a game that plays more like SM64 than SMG. I want the worlds to be more memorable, hence they need to allow more exploration and not include those launch stars that launch you to a different area and prevent you from going back and exploring the other part of the world. I want a world like Bob-omb Battlefield that you can explore and remember, rather than just run straight through to complete the mission.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

Funky_Gamer

Sounds amazing, but my question is, how the heck are they gonna top Galaxy/Galaxy 2?

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

KrazyBean

Oh YEAH!! This is going to be one beast of a game. I want Nintendo to make Power-Up's that turn Mario into Bullet Mario (He can shoot up to 3 Homing Bullet Bill's or turn himself into a Bullet Bill and explode on stuff) and also a Drill Mario (Drilling the ground like the Drill Wisp in Sonic Colours), if Drill Mario existed, it'll be awesome in the 2D sections of the game.

If old school Power-Up's appear also, then I don't think I'll be putting my 3DS down! But please Nintendo, no Super Mario Galaxy 3...I want less linear levels please. I also want more than 2 new Power-Up's in the game and I don't want Power-Up's which are severely underused (I'm looking at you Galaxy 2).

But...in Nintendo we trust. They can NEVER flop on a Mario game

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0647-4207
Please add me, and send me your friend code too =)

TeeJay

KrazyBean wrote:

Oh YEAH!! This is going to be one beast of a game. I want Nintendo to make Power-Up's that turn Mario into Bullet Mario (He can shoot up to 3 Homing Bullet Bill's or turn himself into a Bullet Bill and explode on stuff) and also a Drill Mario (Drilling the ground like the Drill Wisp in Sonic Colours), if Drill Mario existed, it'll be awesome in the 2D sections of the game.

If old school Power-Up's appear also, then I don't think I'll be putting my 3DS down! But please Nintendo, no Super Mario Galaxy 3...I want less linear levels please. I also want more than 2 new Power-Up's in the game and I don't want Power-Up's which are severely underused (I'm looking at you Galaxy 2).

But...Super Mario Galaxy 2 already had drill Mario...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IanMage

KrazyBean wrote:

Oh YEAH!! This is going to be one beast of a game. I want Nintendo to make Power-Up's that turn Mario into Bullet Mario (He can shoot up to 3 Homing Bullet Bill's or turn himself into a Bullet Bill and explode on stuff)

Funny that I just saw this image:
Untitled

I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

TeeJay

supernin10do wrote:

KrazyBean wrote:

Oh YEAH!! This is going to be one beast of a game. I want Nintendo to make Power-Up's that turn Mario into Bullet Mario (He can shoot up to 3 Homing Bullet Bill's or turn himself into a Bullet Bill and explode on stuff)

Untitled

Where did you see that? Very...interesting costume.

IanMage

Tj92 wrote:

supernin10do wrote:

KrazyBean wrote:

Untitled

I was doing an image search and saw it. It's from a Mario Wiki Fanpage.

KrazyBean

Tj92 wrote:

KrazyBean wrote:

But...Super Mario Galaxy 2 already had drill Mario...

Yeah, but he can only go to the opposite direction from where he drilled. I want full control!

KrazyBean

supernin10do wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

supernin10do wrote:

KrazyBean wrote:

Untitled

...Epic.

IanMage

Miyamoto hopes that this game will release in 2011, according to this artical: http://www.1up.com/news/super-mario-3ds-out-211-miyamoto-hopes
As much as I would like to have it early, I doubt that this will happen. I would much rather have it perfected than rushed...

jaffa

KrazyBean wrote:

supernin10do wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

supernin10do wrote:

KrazyBean wrote:

Untitled

...Epic.

That Power-Up needs to be made immediately!

jaffa

rolLTheDice

About the rumour that it will coming out this year...
I guess it would be best to wait for E3 first and see what they're telling us about the game. If it really turns out to be what i have in mind read my earlier comment here for that of course i can't wait until it launches.
But i could imagine this having the same size as the 3D Mario games on the home consoles. I mean you can always play these for only five or ten minutes, why have less content in a portable version ?
And of course it could still relate to Paper Mario or Mario Kart which i can't wait to see either.

rolLTheDice

Hardy83

Of course it's gonna come out this year. Nintendo needs a system seller for the 3DS and there isn't one on the horizon.

Zelda a little, but I mean a BIG system seller like Mario Bros Wii. This game is it and I bet you they are pushing to get it done by holiday season.
No one sells systems better than Mario.

Hardy83

IanMage

Hardy83 wrote:

Of course it's gonna come out this year. Nintendo needs a system seller for the 3DS and there isn't one on the horizon.

Zelda a little, but I mean a BIG system seller like Mario Bros Wii. This game is it and I bet you they are pushing to get it done by holiday season.
No one sells systems better than Mario.

Agreed. I really thought, before I got the 3DS, that people were being too critical by saying that the launch lineup was weak. I have PilotWings, which is an ok game, but there isn't any other launch game that interests me... I'm glad I got Pilotwings, but it really doesn't keep me entertained for too long. I need a lengthy and deep game like Super Mario or Kid Icarus: Uprising that I can play, non-stop...

IanMage

With the game being rather linear, why is it described as a cross between Super Mario 64 and Galaxy? If it functioned similarly to Super Mario 64, there would more exploration... I don't see any resemblance of Super Mario 64 in this game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.