3DS Forum

Topic: NA Bravely Default Demo Impressions

Showing 21 to 40 of 152

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

21. Posted:

Alright so I guess I'll download the demo today... but, not being a fan of turn-based RPGs, I'm not sure how much I'll like this...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

22. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

Alright so I guess I'll download the demo today... but, not being a fan of turn-based RPGs, I'm not sure how much I'll like this...

It depends. Do you want Turn-Based combat that actually requires some level of thought even in random battles? If so you'll love this. Otherwise, you'll probably hate it. It's a pretty bad demo, IMO. Not that a game like this can really be demo-able...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

23. Posted:

Well, I guess what I should ask is, is this grid-based? I can't stand RPGs that work on a grid... I strongly dislike that format...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sinalefa

24. Posted:

I will get this one today. I plan on getting the full game, so I hope I don't dislike the demo. If the combat system is engaging enough, I don't mind grinding.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

25. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

Well, I guess what I should ask is, is this grid-based? I can't stand RPGs that work on a grid... I strongly dislike that format...

No. It's like every Final Fantasy game ever. Have you played one of those before? In fact, I'm starting to wonder if you actually played a Turn-Based RPG, or played Fire Emblem and decided that you didn't like Turn-Based RPGs. :P Even Pokemon is closer to a regular turn-based RPG than Fire Emblem - that's a Strategy RPG, which is a whole different ball game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

26. Posted:

Can street pass be activated in the demo?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

27. Posted:

@CanisWolfred: OK cool. Grids are what get me. ;)
And no, I've never played Final Fantasy... only RPGs I've ever played have been Pokémon and Mario & Luigi - neither of which I realized were RPGs when I first played them. :P

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

28. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Can street pass be activated in the demo?

Yes old man!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ChronoPower

29. Posted:

Like the demo so far. (Im at the dragon)
I kind of wish you could enter all the buildings, but whatever. I heard there are 1 or 2 story centric buildings each town so I guess thats ok.
The brave/default thing is fun.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Insert favorite Movie/ Video Game quote here
Insert Batman quote here

3DS Friend Code: 1204-0016-8359

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

30. Posted:

ChronoPower wrote:

Like the demo so far. (Im at the dragon)
I kind of wish you could enter all the buildings, but whatever. I heard there are 1 or 2 story centric buildings each town so I guess thats ok.
The brave/default thing is fun.

Hey, didn't you just Join RPGFan? I'm Mickeymac over there. (Never did get around to changing my name on that site)

And which dragon? Is there a boss dragon or are you talking about the ones in the cave?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Falchion

31. Posted:

I really enjoy the demo. It is free (awesome) and introduces you to the combat system and characters. It makes me crave more! But that rock turtle boss... He was crazy... The demo offers a good challenge and fun gameplay, there is no way I am not gonna buy this game now!

Falchion

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Magikarp3

32. Posted:

Falchion wrote:

I really enjoy the demo. It is free (awesome) and introduces you to the combat system and characters. It makes me crave more! But that rock turtle boss... He was crazy... The demo offers a good challenge and fun gameplay, there is no way I am not gonna buy this game now!

The rock turtle boss was an ingenious way of teaching players how the game is going to work. The turtle's resistant to physical attacks and can reflect magical attacks, so at first it seems like it has no weaknesses. Then you realise that he can only damage you via physical attacks. Now if there were only a way to mitigate the damage from physical attacks... or dodge them entirely...

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

33. Posted:

Well finally tried the demo tonight and I have to say I had fun the half hour I played. It really reminded me of the old 16bit RPGs. The only thing is I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the job system. Its actually been years since I played an RPG with a job system in it. Is there a way to know which job is the best to get or is it just depend on your play style. I feel like I am missing something if I just assign one job to a person. Any advice on the job system.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

34. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Well finally tried the demo tonight and I have to say I had fun the half hour I played. It really reminded me of the old 16bit RPGs. The only thing is I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the job system. Its actually been years since I played an RPG with a job system in it. Is there a way to know which job is the best to get or is it just depend on your play style. I feel like I am missing something if I just assign one job to a person. Any advice on the job system.

What I like to do is teach each person a different skill till I have at least every skill if needed later in the game. For instance I started with the 2 girls as a white and black mage. Then a ninja and Knight as the guys. Then ill teach them all another skill that I haven't used yet. What you want to do is eventually if the game allows time wise is teach everyone every skill by games end. Just keep rotating skills till you have at least all skills learned first. Never know if you will need that one persons skill to defeat a boss.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MERG

35. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

Can street pass be activated in the demo?

Yes old man!!

Old man? grrrrr. Well I tried to register it and I received a message saying that too many games were already registered for street pass. I didnt' relaize there was a limit.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

36. Posted:

@MERG I reached my limit like a year ago. I've basiclly turned off like 8 of my other games I don't play much anymore. Problem is I'm not turning off ones I don't want to. Stupid limit!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

37. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well finally tried the demo tonight and I have to say I had fun the half hour I played. It really reminded me of the old 16bit RPGs. The only thing is I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the job system. Its actually been years since I played an RPG with a job system in it. Is there a way to know which job is the best to get or is it just depend on your play style. I feel like I am missing something if I just assign one job to a person. Any advice on the job system.

What I like to do is teach each person a different skill till I have at least every skill if needed later in the game. For instance I started with the 2 girls as a white and black mage. Then a ninja and Knight as the guys. Then ill teach them all another skill that I haven't used yet. What you want to do is eventually if the game allows time wise is teach everyone every skill by games end. Just keep rotating skills till you have at least all skills learned first. Never know if you will need that one persons skill to defeat a boss.

Ah ok so by the end you will be able to choose which skills from which jobs you want to use in one character, is that what you are saying?

Also how do you turn off streetpasses to games you dont want to get street passed from anymore? I didn't know that was possible.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

38. Posted:

@Tasuki That's about right. If need you could make all 4 players the same skill and wipe out the bosses depending on weaknesses.

As for streetpass you need to go to system settings then data to turn them off.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

39. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech: Ah ok that makes sense. I will probably get some more time to sink into the demo after work today. So far though I think I might be picking this one up.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

40. Posted:

So I have the demo downloaded, but have yet to play it... I'm really procrastinating on this one...!

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku