3DS Forum

Topic: Moving DSiWare to the 3DS?

Showing 41 to 47 of 47

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

41. Posted:

Well, I don't think it will be a problem if we store our 3DSWare on the SD and our DSiWare on the internal memory. The only problem is if you have more than 40 DSiWare games and are forced to store some on the SD, as 1.5 GB should be enough room for pretty much any 40 DSiWare titles.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pastry

42. Posted:

I guess I won't be buying my 3DS after all. I was thinking about getting one to play on a long plane ride but I don't have enough money to buy one without trading in my DSi... if I want a game at least. That will also ensure that I won't ever buy SSFIV or Monkey Ball or Steel Diver or Pilotwings, because there will be much superior games by the time I get mine.

Here is My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

43. Posted:

@iphys Is that the amt. of internal memory on the 3ds? i had been wondering that.

If it's only DSiWare that works like that, I think I'll be fine. I haven't filled up my DSi's internal memory yet, and there's only a couple more things I want. Should have plenty of room on the 3DS and 3DSWare can hang out on the SD card. Problen solved!

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moosa

44. Posted:

Token Girl wrote:

@iphys Is that the amt. of internal memory on the 3ds? i had been wondering that.

Hmm. Here I thought that the 3DS didn't have internal storage aside from SD. I checked the 3DS camera and, as was mentioned, you can store photos on the system itself. But you can only store 300 photos, as opposed to 3000 allowed on the 2gig SD card. I did a google search and couldn't find anything conclusive about the actual amount of storage, but someone on another forum suggested that it may be a 256mb like what was in the DSi, which seems sensible.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Grayfoxz

45. Posted:

moosa wrote:

Token+Girl wrote:

@iphys Is that the amt. of internal memory on the 3ds? i had been wondering that.

Hmm. Here I thought that the 3DS didn't have internal storage aside from SD. I checked the 3DS camera and, as was mentioned, you can store photos on the system itself. But you can only store 300 photos, as opposed to 3000 allowed on the 2gig SD card. I did a google search and couldn't find anything conclusive about the actual amount of storage, but someone on another forum suggested that it may be a 256mb like what was in the DSi, which seems sensible.

Nintendo themselfs talked about 2 gigs, but I think there is only a certain amout of memory dedicated to the photo part so you can download 3dsware, and for future updates. At least thats what I think.

3DS friendcode: 0903-2727-8412
Street Pass in my area: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-pass-bergen-op-zoom/153424258054131

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moosa

46. Posted:

Grayfoxz wrote:

Nintendo themselfs talked about 2 gigs, but I think there is only a certain amout of memory dedicated to the photo part so you can download 3dsware, and for future updates. At least thats what I think.

Could you cite that? They could have been talking about the included SD card. But if not, I'd like to know, so links would be appreciated.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

47. Posted:

On Wikipedia it says it's 2 GB, but if you look at the source they cite, all they really show you is a teardown showing the Toshiba flash memory chip, so I'm not sure how they know for sure it's 2 GB. I know it was rumoured to be 2 GB before the release, and it was also rumoured that only 1.5 GB of that would be available to the user (probably meaning the OS and space to store 300 pictures and your 3DS Sound clips gets stored in the other 0.5 GB). I guess we won't know for sure till May when we can do data management for our DSiWare and see the number of blocks.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh