Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations (Our Toothy Lord and Savior)

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,565

CanisWolfred

I like the Long Sword in 4U. Though, I guess the Charge Blade kind of outdoes it's it's most useful features if you know how to use it well, I still find myself using it more often than not. It's one of the easiest weapons to use, IMO, and it's only critical downfalls seem to be that it's easy to get locked into an unnecessary series of meneuvers if you aren't careful about your actions (much like the Charge Blade and Switch Axe, except it's fast enough that it's easier to recover if you catch yourself starting to button-mash), and the obvious fact that while it's competant at most roles, it doesn't really excel at anything. This adds versatility, especially solo.

Wait, that's why you said "screw [Long Swords] in 4U," isn't it: because it's team-damage city in MP?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

UNSOLUTEDSALT

Hey guys/gals,

I've been working a site that's just a reference for other helpful links around the web for monster hunter. I kind of had new hunters in mind when making it, but anyone can come by. I figured this would be a good place to share it. With the release of generations and all being close.

The site is : www.casualmonsterhunter.com

It's basically a blogger site with a custom url. I also want to apologize if this breaks any rules. I was just trying to offer help for any new hunters.

UNSOLUTEDSALT

Twitter:

JaxonH

@UNSOLUTEDSALT
Idk if it is or not, but thanks! I'm sure some ppl here will benefit from it

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CanisWolfred

@UNSOLUTEDSALT - For future reference, you'll probably want to/are definitely supposed to advertise your site in your signature and not just write up up a post for the sake of self-promotion. Wrap it in url tags and be descriptive, too, so people know what that it is, and might not feel like it's yet another phishing attempt like a lot of the spam we get around here.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

UNSOLUTEDSALT

@CanisWolfred
Thanks for the advice and yeah, I didn't really like posting about my site. It's one of my first sites and I didn't want to sound like some peddler or spam. But I figured if I did one post, I could at least tell myself I tried.

But anyway; real talk. I'm so hyped for Generations that I'm finding it hard to play anything else because all I want to play is Monster Hunter. 2 days feels like forever...

UNSOLUTEDSALT

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

"Come visit my site, Casual Monster Hunter. It's a collection of online resources to aid in learning the ropes. It also has a tool to exchange/organize hunting sessions with friend codes. There's also a Google+ community for those who want to do more than read about Monster Hunter."

Perfect

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Great Jaggi, Great Maccao... chances are that if a monster has "great" in its name, the meaning is ironic at best.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Eel

Yeah, I suppose if the regular male of your species is little more than a large chicken with fangs, being the size of a big horse probably makes you "great".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

large chicken with fangs

Excuse me, bird wyvern.

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

I think it is explained somewhere in game that the normal jaggies are young males, and once they grow up (if they survive that long) they simply start their own group away from their alpha, or fight to become the new alpha given the opportunity.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

if they survive that long

Untitled

Haru17

Oh, they're not my crappy gifs. I google image searched. This is as good as it gets.

UNSOLUTEDSALT

Working overnight and the wait is killing me. I thought I would be able to pre-purchase and have it waiting for me when I got home. But I guess I'll have to wait for mid-morning release. Bummer.

UNSOLUTEDSALT

Twitter:

Haru17

It was confirmed as 9 am PST by a NA Capcom insider, by the way.

Haru17

Tsurii wrote:

Omg, you can hold the a button for gathering /carving <3

Hehe, yes. And I just heard of some fun new emergent animations that I won't be spoiling

Edited on by Haru17

Spoony_Tech

What, no more button massing. This is madness!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haru17

ALMOST DONE DOWNLOADING XD.

Edited on by Haru17

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.