Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 841 to 860 of 5,926

Spoony_Tech

@Tsuchinoko I don't agree with your number one. I say get back out there and try your hardest not to die again. All I want to see is the player try their best and I'm happy with that. The only way a player will learn in those situations is to get back out there. I know one of my friend is also this way. We will even stop fighting till they get there butt back there lol.

All the other points are all good. The one I seem to be having a problem with is I can't tell when someone is on the monster half the Time as I'm under them swinging away.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

I think it's more of a "don't risk ruining the hunt for the other players".

Let's say they're hunting specifically to find materials, not to teach you.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

Don't care, I'd rather lose the hunt knowing they gave it there best shot and start over again. The next time they usually learn how to become more careful. I want the New players to experience what we all did when we first started out.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Don't care, I'd rather lose the hunt knowing they gave it there best shot and start over again. The next time they usually learn how to become more careful. I want the New players to experience what we all did when we first started out.

Yeah, after it happens for the 20th, 30th time though? Its a very common problem.

And again, these are for online with the rooms, not personal or online friends. The vast majority of the community will encourage if you are downed once, or twice, but if you lose a quest for an entire group when there's plenty of other open rooms? The online community is nice, but we're not saints. Many people will move on.

If you want to spend all your time teaching people and fail a 50 minute quest and have all that time mean nothing, thats fine. Just remember not everyone wants to waste time, some of us are adults with jobs.

If a hunter is downed that much even with help, then they're obviously playing above their ability. Thats why that rule is there.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I know there's a lot of new MH players, so I thought I'd share a few tips. I guess you could call these unspoken rules of online play I've observed.

-If you are a lower level player playing with more experienced hunters and you are downed twice in one quest, stay in the camp until the quest is over.

-In general, the person who is the lowest rank picks the quests, and if multiple people are the same rank, they take turns.

-Don't go out of your way, but if you can, help a dazed/frozen/pinned hunter out.

-Healing just yourself is fine, healing horns are appreciated.

-Please please please don't go off randomly during a difficult quest and mine for items. People that don't know you find it annoying.

-This is new, but its a generally accepted rule that you don't attack a monster while another hunter is riding on top of it.

-If you are on a capture quest, please don't forget that you are.

-In general, and I saw this in both NA and Japan, many hunters will be reluctant to join you on urgent quests, as there is a huge chunk of the fanbase (myself included) that do the majority of quests both on and offline, both village and lobby, by themselves first and with other players for replays. Its fine to get help every once in a while if you can't complete a quest, but many hunters don't want to carry the newbies through the game.

-Also many hunters won't join on gathering quests. Really, you should be able to do that on your own.

-And last that I can thing of, try to practice with the bombs and traps before you go online. Nobody likes being blown up.

-Oh, and try to say things like Hello, Good Job when a quest is over, and Bye when leaving a room. The MH community is really well behaved. Lets keep it that way.

Happy Hunting!

Edit: If anyone wants to add other stuff please do.

Takes notes as he has never been on a real online mission before

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Also, I can confirm that the MH community is super polite and helpful. They really helped me out when I was just getting into it with MHFU (oh god those hook controls); teaching me the basics, and also told me everything I needed to know about bows, like how to optimize damage, different types of arrows, etc.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

Oh yeah, and when I was in NA I saw a lot of Spanish and Portuguese speakers from Latin America and the US. You're free to use English 100% but with the Spanish speakers I always tried a bit of Español.

Haru17

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I know there's a lot of new MH players, so I thought I'd share a few tips. I guess you could call these unspoken rules of online play I've observed.

-If you are a lower level player playing with more experienced hunters and you are downed twice in one quest, stay in the camp until the quest is over.

-In general, the person who is the lowest rank picks the quests, and if multiple people are the same rank, they take turns.

-Don't go out of your way, but if you can, help a dazed/frozen/pinned hunter out.

-Healing just yourself is fine, healing horns are appreciated.

-Please please please don't go off randomly during a difficult quest and mine for items. People that don't know you find it annoying.

-This is new, but its a generally accepted rule that you don't attack a monster while another hunter is riding on top of it.

-If you are on a capture quest, please don't forget that you are.

-In general, and I saw this in both NA and Japan, many hunters will be reluctant to join you on urgent quests, as there is a huge chunk of the fanbase (myself included) that do the majority of quests both on and offline, both village and lobby, by themselves first and with other players for replays. Its fine to get help every once in a while if you can't complete a quest, but many hunters don't want to carry the newbies through the game.

-Also many hunters won't join on gathering quests. Really, you should be able to do that on your own.

-And last that I can thing of, try to practice with the bombs and traps before you go online. Nobody likes being blown up.

-Oh, and try to say things like Hello, Good Job when a quest is over, and Bye when leaving a room. The MH community is really well behaved. Lets keep it that way.

Happy Hunting!

Edit: If anyone wants to add other stuff please do.

Also, try not to mount a monster at the beginning to middle of a monster's downed / stunned period. Not only does it eliminate that period, but people are likely to keep attacking unaware, ending the rodeo phase and effectively dispelling the monster's stun.

And this is more of a strat, but try to paralyze / trap, then bomb a monster while it's in its enraged phase, as doing enough damage knocks it out of that and helps a lot in the long run. Most people get downed when monsters are enraged.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MegaMari0

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Oh yeah, and when I was in NA I saw a lot of Spanish and Portuguese speakers from Latin America and the US. You're free to use English 100% but with the Spanish speakers I always tried a bit of Español.

ah. my native language. spanish. Portuguese not so much. Thanks for the tips.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Tsuchinoko

munchakoopas wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Oh yeah? ¿De dónde eres tú? ¿Los Estados Unidos? Soy de Inglaterra pero vivo en Japón. Yeah, my Spanish is bad still, though I study everyday with Japanese. I'm Mestizo pero my first language is English, second is Japanese with Spanish as my third. Lots of times when I connected on the Wii with MH tri I had Spanish speakers. I think Latin America has a sizable MH fanbase, at least in Mexico and the US.

@Haru17 I never experienced that, but it might just be an understood thing with players that you don't do that. Mounting is new, but all the Japanese players seen to have an understanding of what not to do with it.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

MegaMari0

Tsuchinoko wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Oh yeah? ¿De dónde eres tú? ¿Los Estados Unidos? Soy de Inglaterra pero vivo en Japón. Yeah, my Spanish is bad still, though I study everyday with Japanese. I'm Mestizo pero my first language is English, second is Japanese with Spanish as my third. Lots of times when I connected on the Wii with MH tri I had Spanish speakers. I think Latin America has a sizable MH fanbase, at least in Mexico and the US.

@Haru17 I never experienced that, but it might just be an understood thing with players that you don't do that. Mounting is new, but all the Japanese players seen to have an understanding of what not to do with it.

Soy salvadoreno. Vivo en los estados Unidos. Cerca al capital. English and spanish for me. Pretty cool you're from england and live in japan plus speak the language, but that's to be expected if you live there. I honestly couldn't make it in japan even if I did know the language. Too american and I'd just clash with the culture. Not to mention constantly hearing gaijin this or that would make me paranoid.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Haru17

Tsuchinoko wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Yeah, it's also to do with the mounting mechanic being a bit finicky as to when it triggers. People have to learn where the hitboxes are for it. I have to say, it's a bit clunky, because you hit the monster, land on the ground and are magically teleported back up to land ontop of it again. I kinda wish they would just have it either you do an aerial attack or you grab on, ideally with dragon's dogma-esque, but that's not essential.

The terrain's cool though, I love dodging off edges and spinning through the air in dual blade demon mode, that's great!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tsuchinoko

munchakoopas wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Soy salvadoreno. Vivo en los estados Unidos. Cerca al capital. English and spanish for me. Pretty cool you're from england and live in japan plus speak the language, but that's to be expected if you live there. I honestly couldn't make it in japan even if I did know the language. Too american and I'd just clash with the culture. Not to mention constantly hearing gaijin this or that would make me paranoid.

Oh god in Japan? Never. Compared to most countries you never hear opposition like that. In the five years I lived here I heard the Gaijin thing once, and that was a little kid.

The only issue I have is getting Mexican food (which I can make myself anyway and tortillas are in most big supermarkets) or Latin music. If I go to karaoke, they will have Shakira, Los Trio Panchos, Gloria estefan, Julio Iglesias, and Ricky Martin, and maybe Juanes, but no Selena or Talia or anyone new. Not unless its requested enough. There is a growing interest in Spanish language though. Don't listen to the stereotype. Foreigners living here who are easily able to live in different countries have little problem.

@Haru17 I guess I'm so used to the hitboxes that I never noticed. The only time I have had an issue was with some of the bigger monsters that returned from the first generation. They seem to have large hitboxes.

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tech, will you be playing online much? I'm going to throw myself into the deep end with this game and try to play it as a multiplayer experience after I beat the baby quests.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tech, will you be playing online much? I'm going to throw myself into the deep end with this game and try to play it as a multiplayer experience after I beat the baby quests.

I will be on day noon and night probably for 4 to 5 months straight. I can't wait to dig into this. The problem is my poor other games.

I never beat Majoras Mask back when it first came out because of another game. I really want to beat it this time. I'm going to have to balance that and that darn Codename Steam also comes out so close to both of these. I need another me to play all these game!!

MERG said:

Mansa

The graphics and movement is really cool! I thought these were one of the new 3DS exclusives.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Joeynator3000

So...are the monsters actually have more health when hunting online? I just don't want battles to end up being 5 minutes or something, lol.
But if that's not the case I may go online more often this time.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Mansa

I never played online before (since the 3G had no online mode. I'll play regardless. )

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Spoony_Tech

Sanya wrote:

So...are the monsters actually have more health when hunting online? I just don't want battles to end up being 5 minutes or something, lol.

They have 4 times more health regardless if you have 2 hunters or 4.

@Bronze The only exclusive game to be even mentioned is Xenoblade Chronicles. Nothing else has been announced as of yet. The New 3ds does have exclusive features in some games like second circle pad and quicker load times and in some cases slightly better graphics.

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sanya wrote:

They have 4 times more health regardless if you have 2 hunters or 4.

@Bronze The only exclusive game to be even mentioned is Xenoblade Chronicles. Nothing else has been announced as of yet. The New 3ds does have exclusive features in some games like second circle pad and quicker load times and in some cases slightly better graphics.

Alright, cool...I just know trying to find the answer to that was tricky.
Anyways which character are you people going to make? I wanna make a anime girl clan or a single anime theme. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.