Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 821 to 840 of 5,926

Spoony_Tech

If you need a 4th I can go one.

That is if there's a response in like 15 mins or so.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'm out for now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Found the demo codes in my email today. Between the refined controls, the BEAUTIFUL 3D depth, the improved hunting mechanics, the unobtrusive but incredibly helpful tutorials and the online multiplayer, I'm pretty much sold on this. Unlike 3U, I actually don't feel like this game needs a second stick to be playable.

EDIT: I've noticed, like SSB, the system reboots once I exit the game. I guess this will be a theme as newer games that strain the original 3DS more will probably require this?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

MorphMarron wrote:

Oh wow they're still giving out the codes?

There was a second wave of codes yesterday, I think. I didn't find it until I burrowed through my email today. I see how my message was misleading in that regard, however, and have made the appropriate changes.

Edited on by Ralizah

nacho_chicken

FrznTek wrote:

Newegg has the standard version for $35 + free shipping with this code EMCAKNP64
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878123052

I'll have to see if I can get that with any of the Newegg coupons I have...

Speaking of deals, if you pre-order at Best Buy in the US, you get a $10 gift card. Not exactly the same as getting it $10 cheaper, but if you shop at Best Buy often, it's a great deal.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Ralizah

Oh man, that Gore Magala thing on hard mode is rough.

nacho_chicken

Ralizah wrote:

Oh man, that Gore Magala thing on hard mode is rough.

And that's not even his final form

By the way, recently, the 3DS XL has been hurting my wrists after long hunting sessions, so I went ahead and ordered this grip.
Just got it in today, and after about 2 minutes of playing on it, I can say it's almost GameCube-controller-level comfort. It's $9 on Amazon right now, so if you'll be using an OG 3DS XL, you've got nothing to lose.

Just thought I might share just in case there's any other hunters whose hands feel the pain.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Rezalack

Yeah, my hands have been getting a little cramped recently from playing my 3DS. I would love to find something like that for the New XL if it doesn't remedy the cramping alone.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Haru17

Rezalack wrote:

Yeah, my hands have been getting a little cramped recently from playing my 3DS. I would love to find something like that for the New XL if it doesn't remedy the cramping alone.

Original, small 3DS? When I upgraded from DSI to 3DS XL the cramping was much decreased for my big man hands (I can't, CAN'T say that un-ironically...)

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MartineG3

Haru17 wrote:

Original, small 3DS? When I upgraded from DSI to 3DS XL the cramping was much decreased for my big man hands (I can't, CAN'T say that un-ironically...)

I find the Circle Pad attachment to be really comfortable when playing MH3U and the Demo. I don't use on non-Monster Hunter games. When I went from the normal 3DS to the 3DS XL, I noticed that I could play quite comfortably unlike with the smaller device as well.

I just like the added grip that the Circle Pad offers when playing Monster Hunter though.

MartineG3

Tsuchinoko

I know there's a lot of new MH players, so I thought I'd share a few tips. I guess you could call these unspoken rules of online play I've observed.

-If you are a lower level player playing with more experienced hunters and you are downed twice in one quest, stay in the camp until the quest is over.

-In general, the person who is the lowest rank picks the quests, and if multiple people are the same rank, they take turns.

-Don't go out of your way, but if you can, help a dazed/frozen/pinned hunter out.

-Healing just yourself is fine, healing horns are appreciated.

-Please please please don't go off randomly during a difficult quest and mine for items. People that don't know you find it annoying.

-This is new, but its a generally accepted rule that you don't attack a monster while another hunter is riding on top of it.

-If you are on a capture quest, please don't forget that you are.

-In general, and I saw this in both NA and Japan, many hunters will be reluctant to join you on urgent quests, as there is a huge chunk of the fanbase (myself included) that do the majority of quests both on and offline, both village and lobby, by themselves first and with other players for replays. Its fine to get help every once in a while if you can't complete a quest, but many hunters don't want to carry the newbies through the game.

-Also many hunters won't join on gathering quests. Really, you should be able to do that on your own.

-And last that I can thing of, try to practice with the bombs and traps before you go online. Nobody likes being blown up.

-Oh, and try to say things like Hello, Good Job when a quest is over, and Bye when leaving a room. The MH community is really well behaved. Lets keep it that way.

Happy Hunting!

Edit: If anyone wants to add other stuff please do.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Eel

-don't use player-launching attacks (hammer, hunting horn, etc) when everyone is close together attacking a fallen monster.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.