Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 781 to 800 of 5,926

stu4488

Brand new to the forum and to monster hunter never played any until the new demo and I love it! BUT I need some help...
1. Looking at videos online crafting looks so complicated as I don't know what anything is will I learn easy?
2. Is single player impossible? I don't think I could even beat gore magala (spelling) on my own been doing it in groups of 4 online
3. the armour and weapons in the demo are they starter types or would you say to get them you would need to have played the game for 10 hours or 20 ? just so I no roughly as im quite decent I think with them
4.if I cant get on in single player can I play the whole game just in multiplayer? will I gain new armour etc or is single player a necessity to then move into multiplayer when you have upgraded significantly?

Whoever answers me I thank you in advance and would enjoy a hunt with you one day!!

stu4488

Spoony_Tech

stu4488 wrote:

Brand new to the forum and to monster hunter never played any until the new demo and I love it! BUT I need some help...
1. Looking at videos online crafting looks so complicated as I don't know what anything is will I learn easy?
2. Is single player impossible? I don't think I could even beat gore magala (spelling) on my own been doing it in groups of 4 online
3. the armour and weapons in the demo are they starter types or would you say to get them you would need to have played the game for 10 hours or 20 ? just so I no roughly as im quite decent I think with them
4.if I cant get on in single player can I play the whole game just in multiplayer? will I gain new armour etc or is single player a necessity to then move into multiplayer when you have upgraded significantly?

Whoever answers me I thank you in advance and would enjoy a hunt with you one day!!

1. Crafting isn't too bad as you will most likely be looking for a few things here and there. The problem is more so learning which monsters or where to get said items. Also how do I get this item, do I capture, do I kill and carve, or do I break a certain body part. If you're going for most monster sets you will be hunting the same monster over and over till you get said item. Help is just a Miiverse away and it's a great place to start as the online community is very helpful.

2. Single player may actually be easier in some regards. You have your 2 felines helping you out so you can get good hits in. Also they're weaker monsters compared to online. Online has the factor of weak player making you lose.

3. The armor in the demo is actually more advanced then what you most likely will have when you first see those monsters on the main game. The game should be harder because of that but don't let it scare you into thinking it's impossible as you will learn and get better.

4. Single player has the story and it's just easier to gather items you will need for online. However you can play the whole game if you choose to online. You might miss out on some thing in single player though. The choice is yours but I always suggest new player at least get their first armor set from a monster before venturing online. Great Jaggi is actually a good set to get first before the move as it gives you some descent skills to help.

Hope that helps a bit.

@Everybody If I haven't added you to my 3ds I'm sorry as I'm pretty much maxed out bit you will be able to look for me online by the name Spoony. We should be able to add each other online just like past versions this way.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WebHead

May have yo get this since I'm really liking the demo. I like the dual blades. Being able to do decent damage while still being able to move quickly.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TeeJay

stu4488 wrote:

It's easy to get into making weapons and armor. Just bring the needed parts and cash and you're set! What's confusing you about them exactly?

Single player is perfectly doable. The monsters have a LOT more health online than in single player. It's only at the very end (and by that I mean way after the main story is finished and everything) that I would start recommend playing in groups.

The armor in this demo is actually pretty OP. You definitely won't be getting this kind of stuff at the beginning of the game. I would say it's mid-game armor. Also you're health and stamina are permanantly set to max in the demo where that isn't the case in the actual game. Even if you increase your health to max by eating something before hunting, it will reset to about half that the first time you die (unless you have a skill preventing that I think)

As for the last question, I'm almost certain you have to do at least a few hours of solo before you can play online, but don't quote me on that. If you can find others to play with though, it would greatly help you get parts for armor and weapons as you would be able to take on stronger monsters together than solo.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rezalack

So what's the bonus of playing online with friends then if the monsters are inherently stronger? I imagine there has to be some kind of bonus otherwise what would be the point if it's easier to solo them. (aside from fun)

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Spoony_Tech

You can actually get what you want quicker online with a good group. Even if the monsters are scaled to 4 players online that doesn't mean a skilled group can't take them out quicker. Its also better for those hunts you will have to repeat over and over. In the main game you will be able to make a room and Mark a target say only Great Jaggi so you and a bunch of others looking for items related to him can grind him till you get them.

Oh and one draw back (and I call it one because of the obvious) with online is over powered players entering your hunts. These players have well advanced equipment and do like 50% of the work or more. I don't like it when I feel like I'm doing less then 20% of 4 players. Keep an eye out for that. Help is fine in all but most of the joy is taking on a monster you feel like you don't have much of a chance to beat. It's that accomplishment that makes the game so fun.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

stu4488

spoony_tech you are a legend so much easier getting direct answers than reading page after page and getting more confused! you have just secured Capcom a pre order as I am ordering now thanks

Actually tempted to buy MH3 but i like the insect glaive and c stick to move the camera not sure how id get on without them!

Oh and the thing confusing me about crafting is will an item say like whatever helmet it is you need 3xjaggi scale or do i need to what i want to craft. can i see before i buy as it were? and things like potions do i just buy or does it say you need this and this to make?

Edited on by stu4488

stu4488

Spoony_Tech

stu4488 wrote:

spoony_tech you are a legend so much easier getting direct answers than reading page after page and getting more confused! you have just secured Capcom a pre order as I am ordering now thanks

Actually tempted to buy MH3 but i like the insect glaive and c stick to move the camera not sure how id get on without them!

Oh and the thing confusing me about crafting is will an item say like whatever helmet it is you need 3xjaggi scale or do i need to what i want to craft. can i see before i buy as it were? and things like potions do i just buy or does it say you need this and this to make?

Yes, you will know exactly how much of an item you will need for crafting. As for potions you can buy them but making them is far better. For a very difficult hunt you will want 10 mega potions and 10 of each item to make more while on that hunt. Honey and regular potions will do that trick. Plus you may even go as far as wanting more regular potions so you will want to bring those items to make them as well lol. I've done this very thing before.

MERG said:

TeeJay

stu4488 wrote:

You need to know what you're looking for, so I recommend visiting a shop, browsing to see what you want, then looking at what items you need for them so you can hunt the monster that will drop that item.

Crafting items is another story. As long as you have the materials, you can combine them to create stuff through the menu mid-quest. For example a blue mushroom and an herb make a potion, which can then be made into a Mega Potion if you combine that with honey. Success percentage varies depending on the rarity of the item, but carrying combo books with you increases the chance of success.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

stu4488

last thing i promise ... for now

do i set up my pouch before a hunt or do i just go into it with the blue box at the start? and ive heard things about farming like mushrooms and bugs is that as tedious as it sounds? completely different game but i loved terraria, hated growing all the plants and mushrooms lol

thanks everyone

stu4488

TeeJay

Dammit, spoony, you keep beating me to answering! That's what I get for trying to answer from my phone...

Spoony_Tech

stu4488 wrote:

do i set up my pouch before a hunt or do i just go into it with the blue box at the start? and ive heard things about farming like mushrooms and bugs is that as tedious as it sounds? completely different game but i loved terraria, hated growing all the plants and mushrooms lol

thanks everyone

Farming is definitely going to happen. Most can be done while you select a monster to fight but some should be done offline as it's a bit easier. Always remember where you farmed a certain bug or mushroom so you can go back there as different areas have different bugs and such. Trust me it's not as bad as it sounds.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

Dammit, spoony, you keep beating me to answering! That's what I get for trying to answer from my phone...

What do you think I'm using. Its why I have so many typos and edits lol. I use my phone 100% of the time.

MERG said:

stu4488

right i cant wait for this game! if you have space spoony and teejay i will add you both tonight on my 3ds and im sure when i have the game i will need a bit more advice if you don't mind!

stu4488

TeeJay

stu4488 wrote:

thanks everyone

What spoony said, also bring appropriate supplies to tackle the monster you plan to fight and the area it's in. For example if the monster is in a volcanic area or desert, bring cold drinks to withstand the heat and if it's in a tundra, bring hot drinks.

If a monster is poisonous bring a antidotes. That kind of thing. It'll be the difference between success and failure.

TeeJay

OH. About the desert. It's cold at night so bring hot drinks instead if you're doing a night hunt in the desert. I've had to abandon missions many times because I didn't check the mission details to see if I'd be hunting in the day or night and just brought cold drinks because desert.

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

stu4488 wrote:

thanks everyone

What spoony said, also bring appropriate supplies to tackle the monster you plan to fight and the area it's in. For example if the monster is in a volcanic area or desert, bring cold drinks to withstand the heat and if it's in a tundra, bring hot drinks.

If a monster is poisonous bring a antidotes. That kind of thing. It'll be the difference between success and failure.

I don't know how many times I've yelled out I forgot my antidotes. More times then I care to count. It's why I like my negate poison set. It's a set for dummies.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Here's a list of thing to not forget lol

Hot drinks
Cold drinks
Antidotes
Of course potions but you'd be surprised
Traps if you're on a trapping quest. Sure the box provides one but the monster might not get trapped in it.
Honey is always nice to have
Tranquilizers
Paint balls as I hate not knowing where the monster is
Any item that will cure you from a negative status mission dependent

Anything else to add to this list feel free as I can think of anything else atm.

MERG said:

TeeJay

Don't forget to always always have a BBQ Pit and some Raw meat. Especially in cold regions

Spoony_Tech

How could I forget meat. Face palm lol

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.