Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 701 to 720 of 5,926

TeeJay

I noticed in the demo that the textures are smudged in the distance but clear up as you get closer. While I think that is a smart way of working around the limitations of the 3DS, does the New 3DS have enough power to see the textures in high detail throughout an entire area?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

nacho_chicken wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

So I was just on another Gore hunt and I met this hammer-wielding, WORSE-THAN-HITLER SCUMBAG! He kept launching me with the hammer whenever I stood still, preventing me from sharpening my weapon and annoying me half to death. I just want to share my frustration with HUMAN GARBAGE like this guy. Generally, I hope Gore gores he and his ilk into a gory mess of gore. Phew I'm done, I've worked off my alliteration anger via rhetorical rage =P

You can now use being thrown into an air by a teammate to do a vault attack. Not that it makes trolls any less awful, but now you can turn a bad thing into a good one.

Haru17 wrote:

One of the NL previews said that monster hunter 4 ran at a slightly higher, stabler frame rate on the new 3DS (likely not testable in the demo; a 6 month old build). Is anyone getting that system as a result of that?

Not only that, but texture and shadow quality is improved a great deal.
http://i.imgur.com/rGah91pl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FcxdqDE.jpg

I'm actually excited by this. I didn't think there would be any changes other then shorter load times.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haru17

OH MY GAWD GUYS AND GURLS. I just went for (another) gore hunt, this time with the dual blades. Apparently when you have demon mode charged up dodging into terrain changes makes you do this sick spinning slicer aerial attack. When there are a bunch of lips to jump off of in the area you can just dodge around and slice everywhere, lol, it's so cool!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

nacho_chicken

I highly recommend Gaijin Hunter's MH4G/U weapon tutorial videos. Makes it really simple to learn what's new about a particular weapon and/or how the weapon is used. There are one or two things I don't agree with, though - such as his statement that the new bow controls are objectively awful.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

TeeJay

nacho_chicken wrote:

I highly recommend Gaijin Hunter's MH4G/U weapon tutorial videos. Makes it really simple to learn what's new about a particular weapon and/or how the weapon is used. There are one or two things I don't agree with, though - such as his statement that the new bow controls are objectively awful.

OH, so it wasn't just me then?? I was having a lot of trouble using the Bow in the demo but I just chalked it up to not having played MH3U in a long while. Did they actually change the controls?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

nacho_chicken

TeeJay wrote:

OH, so it wasn't just me then?? I was having a lot of trouble using the Bow in the demo but I just chalked it up to not having played MH3U in a long while. Did they actually change the controls?

They swapped X and R, and the aiming button is a toggle instead of needing to be held. It's so that you can control the camera, charge, and move at the same time. You can change it back in the options; even in the demo.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Rezalack

I don't know why they didn't make the Bow control the same Bowgun except you know just hold the button to charge your shots.. the way the Bow controls now feels counter intuitive. Unless it just happens to be one of those things that once it's mastered it's OP.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Joeynator3000

...Anyone fine with a video like this? Hard to keep the 3DS still when playing a game like this...but, better than nothing. :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TeeJay

nacho_chicken wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

They swapped X and R, and the aiming button is a toggle instead of needing to be held. It's so that you can control the camera, charge, and move at the same time. You can change it back in the options; even in the demo.

Thank you thank you THANK YOU FOR THIS! I switched it back and suddenly I was able to kick ass with the bow again. It just feels so much more natural this way.

Edited on by TeeJay

Haru17

My problem with the bow isn't the button mapping, it's the aiming sensitivity; it's way too fast. You can't slightly move the reticle at all, it's large moves or nothing, which makes for a lot of misses. Other than that the bow and bowguns are fine, if quite samey overall. Monster Hunter is still predominantly a melee game.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

HappyHappyist

Rezalack wrote:

I don't know why they didn't make the Bow control the same Bowgun except you know just hold the button to charge your shots.. the way the Bow controls now feels counter intuitive. Unless it just happens to be one of those things that once it's mastered it's OP.

for me it's just that ranged weapons feel uneasy. I tried to use a bow, but it didn't work out for me. I'll try it out again this time around maybe, but I've always been maining the Sword and Shield with a little of Dual Blades, Hunting Horn, and Gunlance sprinkled in.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

Haru17 wrote:

My problem with the bow isn't the button mapping, it's the aiming sensitivity; it's way too fast. You can't slightly move the reticle at all, it's large moves or nothing, which makes for a lot of misses. Other than that the bow and bowguns are fine, if quite samey overall. Monster Hunter is still predominantly a melee game.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about ranged weapons.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

TeeJay

HappyHappyist wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

for me it's just that ranged weapons feel uneasy. I tried to use a bow, but it didn't work out for me. I'll try it out again this time around maybe, but I've always been maining the Sword and Shield with a little of Dual Blades, Hunting Horn, and Gunlance sprinkled in.

The main thing about Bows is spacing. You have to be far enough away for the arrows to hit the monster at the peak or its arc. Also always pack as many power coatings (and close range coatings) as possible. It's kind of a waste to use the bow without coatings.

HappyHappyist

When I first tried 3U on the demo, I clicked the bow because I thought it would handle like in something like in zelda or skyrim (those are the games I was playing at the time). Turns out that the bow is a totally different beast entirely.

Blue blue.

TeeJay

Anyone want to play online with me? Let's hunt one of dem Gores!

Edited on by TeeJay

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

Only if we can get 4.

If not I'm up for either of the other 2.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Haru17 wrote:

One of the NL previews said that monster hunter 4 ran at a slightly higher, stabler frame rate on the new 3DS (likely not testable in the demo; a 6 month old build). Is anyone getting that system as a result of that?

Well, the game was released a long time ago in Japan, so...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Only if we can get 4.

If not I'm up for either of the other 2.

Cool! So is anyone else willing to play?

TeeJay

MorphMarron wrote:

I can play.

Sweet! Is it possible to take on Online Gore with 3 people?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.