Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 681 to 700 of 5,926

HappyHappyist

If you use the Insect Glaive, you can use it as an opportunity to collect essence from the monster too! Hunting Horn users can use it to get some songs out while they can. It's basically free time, and you can use it however you need to.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

As for the Bundle, we're in the same boat. No in-store pick-up, so I had to order it and get day one shipping. I ended up paying $269 for the whole thing.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Rezalack

HappyHappyist wrote:

As for the Bundle, we're in the same boat. No in-store pick-up, so I had to order it and get day one shipping. I ended up paying $269 for the whole thing.

Yeah.. I picked the shipping that was like $12.50. I'm wishing that I went with 1 day now since it really isn't too much of a difference. That and the fact the bundle is worth a lot more than that already. I actually have decided that the Insect Glaive is probably my main weapon at this point. I'm using it than the others and I like it's mechanics. I would use the Light Bowgun, but I just can't see it being too helpful in solo. I tried the Greatsword in a 4 person match last night and really liked that, too, but the thing is it takes forever to get a full swing hit. Doing that solo I can just see myself missing half the time and getting angry because it's so slow. Heh.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

TeeJay

I think I'll be sticking with the Switch Axe as my main weapon, while subbing the Bow and Arrow on the side for when distance is needed

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

My shipping was free so I'll chuckle a bit inside if I get it the same day as you guys. I only paid just over 240$

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Looks like I don't have to stop with the Monster Hunter videos after all, decided to try recording the demo again and repositioned my iPhone, video looks fine now. (compared to last time, which ended up making it a tiny screen, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Rezalack wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Yeah.. I picked the shipping that was like $12.50. I'm wishing that I went with 1 day now since it really isn't too much of a difference. That and the fact the bundle is worth a lot more than that already. I actually have decided that the Insect Glaive is probably my main weapon at this point. I'm using it than the others and I like it's mechanics. I would use the Light Bowgun, but I just can't see it being too helpful in solo. I tried the Greatsword in a 4 person match last night and really liked that, too, but the thing is it takes forever to get a full swing hit. Doing that solo I can just see myself missing half the time and getting angry because it's so slow. Heh.

Great Sword is my main. What you have to do some times is except the fact you may only get one hit in at a time especially when the monster is in rage mode. What helps is making that hit count. I'm so use to the movements of the monsters in 3U that I know I can get a good head shot in and put the sword away and run to the next spot. I can also tell when the monster will fire off a series of shots and stay stationary for a bit and that's when I go to town. It's a really powerful

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haru17

So I was just on another Gore hunt and I met this hammer-wielding, WORSE-THAN-HITLER SCUMBAG! He kept launching me with the hammer whenever I stood still, preventing me from sharpening my weapon and annoying me half to death. I just want to share my frustration with HUMAN GARBAGE like this guy. Generally, I hope Gore gores he and his ilk into a gory mess of gore. Phew I'm done, I've worked off my alliteration anger via rhetorical rage =P

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Joeynator3000

Haru17 wrote:

So I was just on another Gore hunt and I met this hammer-wielding, WORSE-THAN-HITLER SCUMBAG! He kept launching me with the hammer whenever I stood still, preventing me from sharpening my weapon and annoying me half to death. I just want to share my frustration with HUMAN GARBAGE like this guy. Generally, I hope Gore gores he and his ilk into a gory mess of gore. Phew I'm done, I've worked off my alliteration anger via rhetorical rage =P

EXACTLY why I don't play online multiplayer with randoms. I always end up with n00bs/trolls and on rare occasions, hackers.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Rezalack

Haru17 wrote:

Sorry, but that's some hilarious trolling maybe it's just the way you expressed it. Morph likes throwing people around with his Hunting Horn.

@Spoony_Tech The Greatsword definitely felt like the most powerful weapon I've used, I liked it a lot just imagine it's hard to use completely solo unless you do know the monsters well. Sometimes it's hard for me to even see what the monsters are doing when I'm fighting them and I'm underneath them or something, especially Gore or even Tetsucabra. I wish there was a way to zoom the camera out a bit.

Do you gain skill levels with weapons in the main games or can you switch between them without having to level them up for them to be useful?

Rezalack

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

Huh

<kicks hunting horn under the bed>

<whistling>

GORED TO A GORY PULP BY A GORE! Anyway, I can see one, two, three times, but this jerk just wouldn't stop, he followed me around when the party was fighting the Gore in another zone. I eventually quit that run because f dat noise.

The point of cooperative play is trying NOT to hit you party members with knock back attacks, not the reverse!

Edited on by Haru17

Spoony_Tech

Rezalack wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Sorry, but that's some hilarious trolling maybe it's just the way you expressed it. Morph likes throwing people around with his Hunting Horn.

@Spoony_Tech The Greatsword definitely felt like the most powerful weapon I've used, I liked it a lot just imagine it's hard to use completely solo unless you do know the monsters well. Sometimes it's hard for me to even see what the monsters are doing when I'm fighting them and I'm underneath them or something, especially Gore or even Tetsucabra. I wish there was a way to zoom the camera out a bit.

Do you gain skill levels with weapons in the main games or can you switch between them without having to level them up for them to be useful?

Each weapon and or piece of armor comes with its own skill. For example you get a helmet and it will have fire resistance +3 and wind resistance +1. What then happens in the next piece of armor of the same suit it will have fire resistance +2. If the skill doesn't add up to 10 or more though you don't get that skill. Plus some types of armor can give you a negative effect and if it's at minus 10 it can hurt you. You can add gems to get rid of these and for other skills they can go as high as +20 for added power. Like +10 for defense is small +15 is medium and +20 is max. Are you with me lol. I'm telling you this will be one of the deepest games you will ever play. Most people stick with sets of armor but other if they want a certain skill will do a good job of mixing armor to get what they want.

MERG said:

retropunky

Ahh the good ole days of grinding... I loved it!

I remember when the servers were shutting down on Tri, I actually recorded my first videogame footage when playing with some folks online. I never spent so much time on a game like that.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Rezalack

Hmm.. interesting. Sounds like I'm in for quite the learning experience, lol. I usually like it when games make me feel like a complete noob anyway, as long as it's doesn't tick me off. I tend to lose interest if that happens.

Rezalack

Haru17

One of the NL previews said that monster hunter 4 ran at a slightly higher, stabler frame rate on the new 3DS (likely not testable in the demo; a 6 month old build). Is anyone getting that system as a result of that?

retropunky

Haru17 wrote:

One of the NL previews said that monster hunter 4 ran at a slightly higher, stabler frame rate on the new 3DS (likely not testable in the demo; a 6 month old build). Is anyone getting that system as a result of that?

Although I would like to try it on the new system, I'm really enjoying it on a regular 3DS. I don't plan to get the New 3DS, so it's not an issue for me.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

nacho_chicken

Haru17 wrote:

You can now use being thrown into an air by a teammate to do a vault attack. Not that it makes trolls any less awful, but now you can turn a bad thing into a good one.

Haru17 wrote:

Not only that, but texture and shadow quality is improved a great deal.
http://i.imgur.com/rGah91pl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FcxdqDE.jpg

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

TeeJay

Haru17 wrote:

I'm not getting the New XL BECAUSE of that specifically, but I look forward to seeing how much improved it is from the demo!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Haru17

nacho_chicken wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

You can now use being thrown into an air by a teammate to do a vault attack. Not that it makes trolls any less awful, but now you can turn a bad thing into a good one.

Haru17 wrote:

Not only that, but texture and shadow quality is improved a great deal.
http://i.imgur.com/rGah91pl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FcxdqDE.jpg

Thanks for the info, those aerial attacks will certainly add another layer of madness onto the game.

And now I'm super excited about my pre-ordered new 3DS. I thought the textures looked a little muddy.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.