Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 581 to 600 of 5,926

Rezalack

Monster Hunter 4 N3DS bundles are selling on ebay for $400+ already in auctions.. more valuable than the Majora's Mask bundles. Glad I decided to bite on one before it was too late. Now I wish I got the Collector's Edition with the Gore statue. I sat there and looked at those for 2 weeks before they went out of stock and now I'm kicking myself for not getting one.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

CanisWolfred

I tried every weapon now. The Bow guns are neat, but very difficult to work with. Light Bowgun is much easier to work with than the Heavy Bowgun, and the Bow is way too technical for me...

The Hammer and Great Sword are way too slow for my tastes, but I can definitely see them being useful in the hands of a skilled player.

The Hunting Horn wasn't as bad as I expected, but learning and memorizing the note patterns will take a lot of time...

The Lance and Shield & Sword are a little too vanilla for my tastes, but they're definitely two of the easiest to work with, at least for me.

The Gunlance and Switch Axe are just as good as I remember. Very tempted to main with them again, but I need to branch out.

The Long Sword and Insect Glaive have some huge potential. They might take some practice, but I can see them being extremely fun to use.

The Charge Blade and The Dual Blades definitely take the cake, though. They're just too damn fun.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Eel

My second favorite weapon (my secondary main I guess) is the long sword.

Landing a huge combo is so nice. And the attack bonus is nice too.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rezalack

CanisWolfred wrote:

I tried every weapon now. The Bow guns are neat, but very difficult to work with. Light Bowgun is much easier to work with than the Heavy Bowgun, and the Bow is way too technical for me...

The Hammer and Great Sword are way too slow for my tastes, but I can definitely see them being useful in the hands of a skilled player.

The Hunting Horn wasn't as bad as I expected, but learning and memorizing the note patterns will take a lot of time...

The Lance and Shield & Sword are a little too vanilla for my tastes, but they're definitely two of the easiest to work with, at least for me.

The Gunlance and Switch Axe are just as good as I remember. Very tempted to main with them again, but I need to branch out.

The Long Sword and Insect Glaive have some huge potential. They might take some practice, but I can see them being extremely fun to use.

The Charge Blade and The Dual Blades definitely take the cake, though. They're just too damn fun.

After playing online with Morph and seeing him use the Hunting Horn it makes me want to try it again, but I agree memorizing the songs will take a little practice. It's definitely a cool weapon. I had fun using the Gunlance online with them, it's a little slow though and I imagine it'd be hard to use solo. I tried the charge blade once but it was against Gore and I didn't really give it a fair chance, but I did like what I saw, it felt pretty powerful. As of right now the Insect Glaive is definitely my favorite weapon, I just wish there was a more defined way of seeing which part of the monster gives you which buff. Plus the aiming is iffy right now. I read on a wiki that the head of the monster typically gives the red buff, but it all depends on the monsters on which part gives red. Once you get that red buff though you can feel the power increase, lol.

I'm a little disappointed with the ranged weapons, aside from the Light Crossbow. If I'm not tanking and I don't really feel like tanking in this game because the tank weapons feel, well, like you said a little vanilla. I'm going to try the Heavy Crossbow next and maybe I'll give the bow another shot when I have the c-stick, but as of right now.. I'm not a fan in the slightest.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Eel

A good tip for the hunting horn is that out can perform the same song twice in a row without having to do the moves again, just keep pressing R.

Here's the useful songs from the demo hunting horn:

White white - do it once to walk faster when holding the horn, twice makes your horn unstoppable against enemy defenses.

White green white - heal a small amount of health.

Green blue white blue: small recovery + poison antidote

White blue blue - defense boost, play it twice for extended effect.

White green blue - cancels stamina consumption, play twice for extended effect.

There's also a song that negates wind pressure, but I can't quite remember the notes.

Another tip is that the safest combo when playing with others is A X A X A X -To infinity.

A+X is a strong move, but sends other players flying if they're near and that could ruin their combos.

A fun one is that the small kick attack of the hunting horn (the one you make when you tap the kicking icon on the touchscreen) does slashing damage and can actually cut tails... But it's almost impossible to do.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Rezalack

Wow, sounds like you've mastered that thing already. What weapons were introduced in MH4? Is that one of them? What else is the kick useful for? Only thing I've ever used it for is kicking the Cat guys, lol.

Rezalack

Spoony_Tech

The Glaive and Charge Blade are the only new ones for 4U.

I remember back when tri was out. 4 of us decided we were going to kick a GREAT Jaggi to death. Lol, that was so fun. I can't remember if we beat it but I think we did. Took forever too.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Haha thanks, it's been my main since MH Freedom Unite.

It was already good in that game, but the changes made to it in MH3U made it even better.

I think the new weapons are the insect thing and the charge blade.

Bloop.

Rezalack

Lol nice. Anyone up for a round? Just one would be cool with me been wanting to try that Heavy Xbow.

Rezalack

Rezalack

Alright I'll start one up.

Do you want to do Gore or no?

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Rezalack

Alright, Tetsu it is. Last four digits are 7181 Pass is 1234.

Rezalack

Rezalack

Well that was fun Morph. Lol, at the last minute I was trying to figure out my special move the whole fight and I got it there at the last minute. After reloading you press X+A and it turns your ammo green which lets you shoot without reloading until you get hit or run out.. that would have been helpful earlier. I was trying to do that but kept failing. Not sure I like that weapon, I think I prefer the Light Bowgun more simply because less downtime reloading. Having 1 to 5 shells is annoying.

Rezalack

Eel

I don't really have the patience to use weapons that require aiming

You did well with it though!

I have no idea how, but I even managed to mount it once haha that was nice.

Bloop.

Rezalack

You know, it's funny. We both leapt at that exact same moment to mount him but you hit him before me. I laughed at that. A few seconds before that happened he was charging me when I was up on the cliff, I tried to jump off and do an epic mount from up there but I swung my bow too early. That would have been awesome had it worked.

Rezalack

Rezalack

Will the main game have a better chat option? At least the ability to text? Please tell me there is, I hate being limited to pre-typed phrases. They really need to make use of the 3DS microphones and give us voice chat. This is coming from a guy that really doesn't want to talk to other people.. but with a game like this and people from a forum like this, it'd be great.

Rezalack

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.