Testucabra Expert!
ID: 04-9993-4211-1180
Passcode: 5589

HolyMackerel

Spoony_Tech

Is there still time?

I'm in!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

...So what happens if you don't do enough damage to Gore in time when affected by the virus? I just know you get an attack bonus if damage him enough to get rid of it.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

Xiao_Pai wrote:

...So what happens if you don't do enough damage to Gore in time when affected by the virus? I just know you get an attack bonus if damage him enough to get rid of it.

I think his attacks damage stamina? Not sure yet.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

I'm back! What's going down?

Now there is someone I haven't see for awhile. Good to see you

I used my hunting horn to call him back from the abyss lol.

Seriously I remember he gets the email hits from mentioning his name. That's why I did it.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

Yeah, the almighty @ summoning.

It's handy.

You can also delete the comment afterwards and it becomes a PM! (Not really, but it's close).

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

So I beat Gore with about 9 minutes to spare. Managed to cut off it's tail, chop up it's wing, all that good stuff. Used the trusty switchaxe I'm used to from MH3U. Love that weapon.

Is anyone available to fight it online?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Wakes up

Wow, no one posted at all?

Anyone up for online play? I just would really like to see it in action...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Rezalack wrote:

I'll do a round with you @TeeJay

DAMMIT I missed you by an hour! Are you still willing to play?

Rezalack

I just solo'd Gore finally. After trying him with multiple weapons, even deciding to try new ones on him which is a terrible idea, I decided to fall back to the Insect Glaive and beat him. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. I used all of my potions and died once.

Now.. the Bow. This has to be the most strangely controlled weapon I've ever used in any game. It just feels so wrong in every way, I just could not get the hang of it. Probably doesn't help that the first time I tried it was against Gore and I was panicking the whole time, but still. I could barely aim it, I don't know why anyone would choose this over the Light Crossbow. I can't comment on the Heavy Crossbow yet.. that's what I'm going to try next whenever I do another online match.

@TeeJay Sorry man, I fell asleep watching the football game. Right now I'm downloading something and it will probably hinder my connection since it's slow to begin with. Maybe we can get a match in, in a little while. Just @ me if you're looking for someone to play with.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Haru17

Rezalack wrote:

I just solo'd Gore finally. After trying him with multiple weapons, even deciding to try new ones on him which is a terrible idea, I decided to fall back to the Insect Glaive and beat him. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. I used all of my potions and died once.

Now.. the Bow. This has to be the most strangely controlled weapon I've ever used in any game. It just feels so wrong in every way, I just could not get the hang of it. Probably doesn't help that the first time I tried it was against Gore and I was panicking the whole time, but still. I could barely aim it, I don't know why anyone would choose this over the Light Crossbow. I can't comment on the Heavy Crossbow yet.. that's what I'm going to try next whenever I do another online match.

@TeeJay Sorry man, I fell asleep watching the football game. Right now I'm downloading something and it will probably hinder my connection since it's slow to begin with. Maybe we can get a match in, in a little while. Just @ me if you're looking for someone to play with.

Are you new to Monster Hunter? Having played 3 I found the ranged combat to be much more jank than the melee. Is there anyone who plays mainly ranged? I haven't been able to get into gunner playstyles.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Rezalack

Yeah, I'm new. This demo is the first time I've ever played MH, that's why I'm kind of shocked about how bad the controls for the bow were. The Light Crossbow is actually ok though because it gives you a sight and scope that you can actually aim with. Aiming the insect glaive is a bit of a pain, too, but I imagine when I have the c-stick it'll be easier.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Spoony_Tech

I know quite a few people who main the bow guns. Works great for flying monsters when the melee fighters can't reach. I personally could never get into them but I have at least put in about 2-4 hours using them. Works much better with 4 players online and yo think you can get up on a cliff and be left alone till the monster notices you.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.