Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 5,521 to 5,540 of 5,926

LasermasterA

I would be available if I had seen this message earlier.

Gotta sleep now. Maybe next time.

Nintendo fan, with a taste for all genres! Monster Hunter for the win!

Oh and Isaac for Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS!

FattyWhale_42

@Jazzer94: Sure. Just let me know if and when.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

crimsontadpoles

High rank frenzied Brachyidios is causing me grief. It keeps jumping at me when I try to flee to another area, and it moves so quickly causing me to struggle to fill the long sword meter.

I've switched to insect glaive and he's now limping without me being carted, but it's work time so I'll finish it off later.

Anyway, I'm getting closer to glorious G rank.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Haru17

LS meter is really hard to fill in some high rank hunts with a lot of jumping around and bouncing. It's practically broken in parts of singleplayer. A lot of the coughcoughworsecoughcough first and second gen monsters just aren't designed in a way that's fair to LS hunters.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

SamuraiSonic

crimsontadpoles wrote:

The high ranked frenzied Seltas Queen did a funny move earlier. It grabbed the nearby Seltas Drone with the tail and slammed it against the ground, killing the drone in the process.

Haha, I remember when I saw that for the first time, it freaked me out so much.
Out of curiosity, what weapon type are you using?

You'd better behave yourself, for the Avatar is watching you...

crimsontadpoles

SamuraiSonic wrote:

crimsontadpoles wrote:

The high ranked frenzied Seltas Queen did a funny move earlier. It grabbed the nearby Seltas Drone with the tail and slammed it against the ground, killing the drone in the process.

Haha, I remember when I saw that for the first time, it freaked me out so much.
Out of curiosity, what weapon type are you using?

It was the long sword in that mission, but I'm regularly swapping between the long sword, insect glaive and dual blades.

My Anime List

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

LasermasterA

The Desert Queen also does that. The drone shatters in bits, and she promptly gets another one (from the ground).

In Expeditions, the shattered drone counts as a kill but barely gives you any points (like 50). I was also really surprised when it happened to me haha.

Ralizah

@Haru17: It's fun trying to find opportunities to raise the spirit meter on difficult monsters. It forces me to play more strategically. If you're just going for the kill, though, don't obsess too much about raising the meter or landing the entire combo. You'll do more damage by doing partial combos on the monster throughout the fight and saving the full combo for moments when it's prone.

I just spent all day upgrading from my high rank Tetsucabra armor to high rank Garuga armor. It has so many slots that I was able to gem in HG earplugs and Crit Eye +3. I think it'll be a nice buffer before I'm able to farm G rank Seregios for its armor set.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

Ralizah wrote:

@Haru17: It's fun trying to find opportunities to raise the spirit meter on difficult monsters. It forces me to play more strategically. If you're just going for the kill, though, don't obsess too much about raising the meter or landing the entire combo. You'll do more damage by doing partial combos on the monster throughout the fight and saving the full combo for moments when it's prone.

I just spent all day upgrading from my high rank Tetsucabra armor to high rank Garuga armor. It has so many slots that I was able to gem in HG earplugs and Crit Eye +3. I think it'll be a nice buffer before I'm able to farm G rank Seregios for its armor set.

Umm, thanks for the advice and all, but have you even gotten to endgame G rank?

Anyway, LS only reaches a decent level of dps (loathe as I may be to invoke MMORPGs) when you're maintaining your spirit level. It's just flat out impossible to do on, say, G rank Kirin and Rajang because of their hard skin that bounces all but purple blades. It's kinda impossible to use LS effectively if you always get knocked out of a combo like that.

That's why I'm not going to miss G-rank in Cross...

Ralizah

It's crazy how easy the low rank (and many of the high rank) monsters are to kill once you have decent equipment.

@Haru17: LOL, I wasn't giving you advice. More just thinking out loud about it. I get where you're coming from, though. Some of the G Rank monsters have been utterly brutal so far in terms of how often my blades have bounced (although that probably has a lot to do with me not having proper G Rank weapon yet).

I think I'm taking to the hammer now. I've been playing with one for a while and have had a lot of fun on those hunts.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

I know about the middle-of-the-blade thing, but certain endgame LS are just broken against certain monsters. No weapon should require you have a certain skill. Hell, it's ridiculous that fast charge isn't just built into the great sword at this point.

Anyway, most of my Gog quits are from people carting and quitting or just (I assume) DCing in the first 10 minutes or so.

Funny how people get so excited over Gog. It's an easy fight, really; just a bit of an endurance test for keeping your health full and not screwing up.

crimsontadpoles

Today I managed to defeat the high rank frenzied Deviljho with my trusty long sword. It was disappointingly easy, and I did it first time without being carted once. Maybe my weapon and armour randomly had the type advantage, or perhaps I'm just good at predicting it's movement patterns.

Now he's down, the caravan story is getting very interesting. Apex monsters has now been mentioned for the first time.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

My Anime List

Haru17

Deviljho has nice, soft, pliable flesh...

SamuraiSonic

Yeah, I don't remember having too much trouble with the frenzied Deviljho either.
The first Apex monster you fight, on the other hand...
Oh, and I'm a Charge Blade user myself.

You'd better behave yourself, for the Avatar is watching you...

crimsontadpoles

I've now defeated the first Apex Monster, the Apex Seregios. It seemed easier than the regular Seregios, but that's probably because I now know it's movement patterns, and I know to watch out for the sharp scales. Using Dual Blades, I mostly stayed between its legs where it was much harder for the monster to hit me.

My Anime List

FattyWhale_42

@OutCold: Good to see you made it back safely.

I should be around, just send out the 'whale' signal whenever you want to play. xD

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

LasermasterA

@DarthNocturnal: Haha. Although the rest of the rating is on point. No comment on the (much less in number) skimpy male outfits , huh? xD

@OutCold: Welcome back to the thread! Sadly I can't come on today since I have an exam tomorrow. Although I have 1-2 day rest after that so I can come on tomorrow Miitomo came out recently by the way.

@FattyWhale_42
'Whale!' 'Everything is whale'

Just kidding, can't make it on today.

Edited on by LasermasterA

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.