Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 5,421 to 5,440 of 5,926

LasermasterA

Oh and not to forget his dragonblight. That really slows down the hunts as you have to either bear it, or keep removing it! Unless you are a champ at blocking/dodging everything

I think I might take a break from the game, as well, for a week or so. My performance is deteriorating and my hands hurt due to excessive hunting xD Plus I have exams in 2 days so yea..

Edited on by LasermasterA

Nintendo fan, with a taste for all genres! Monster Hunter for the win!

Oh and Isaac for Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS!

FattyWhale_42

@DarthNocturnal: If you need someone to help make the hunts go faster, I'm available to assist for a little while. =D

Edit: I guess you didn't. xD

Edited on by FattyWhale_42

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Mansa

Guys, can someone please help me...? I've been trying to kill Ukanlos multiple times, but failed. No one joins my room besides HR 4 players for some reason and those that tries always leave right afterwards. Really frustrated here. Please help me.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

FattyWhale_42

Bronze wrote:

Guys, can someone please help me...? I've been trying to kill Ukanlos multiple times, but failed. No one joins my room besides HR 4 players for some reason and those that tries always leave right afterwards. Really frustrated here. Please help me.

If you're still wanting help, post a room, and I'll help you. =)

FattyWhale_42

Mansa

@DarthNocturnal: They would try to join the room. Despite having the stupid book from the shop, I cannot specify to say I want to hunt Ukanlos, so HR 4 rankers would sometimes show up. Can't even say that I want people that is HR 8 and above...

@FattyWhale_42 Thanks for the support, man. Room ID 23 1070 5866 8660

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

Mansa

THANK YOU I finally got this quest done. Thank god no connection errors occurred either...
Touchscreen not working D:

Edited on by Mansa

Mansa

SCRAPPER392

I'm going to HR 4, offline. Some of the quests are kind of boring. I just want to go online, but I can't until I get more equipment. I'm working on this game little by little.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

OutCold

@FattyWhale_42: Hey dude, thinking about trying out a gunner weapon. Got any recommendations on what one I should try out? All gunner weapons sound fun to me, guess I don't really know the pro and cons of each are. And what armor skills should I be shooting for?

the unattainable is unknown at zombo com
MH4U/MHG/MHW: Guts
~ close eyes, perceive with mind ~

FattyWhale_42

OutCold wrote:

@FattyWhale_42: Hey dude, thinking about trying out a gunner weapon. Got any recommendations on what one I should try out? All gunner weapons sound fun to me, guess I don't really know the pro and cons of each are. And what armor skills should I be shooting for?

LBG is usually used for inflicting status effects on monsters.

The Bow is... I'm not really sure what advantage the Bow has to be honest. xD I've only ever used it in the Arena.

Now the HBG, that's best for just inflicting a bunch of damage. >

Here's a Bowgun FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/...

And here's a Bow FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/...

FattyWhale_42

SCRAPPER392

@OutCold
I mainly just use one set of gear. I use a mix of stuff with no resistances or weakness, then equip talismans and decorations the best I can. It's about as effective as collecting all of the armor I'd say, in terms of progression through the game(raising HR and completing missions). That's the way I play it.
I didn't even beat Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate with the "technically" best equipment in the game. I was missing some of the top armor and didn't care anymore, but the missions are done. Otherwise I'd spend another 100 hours in Monster Hunter, instead of some other game.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

OutCold

@FattyWhale_42: Thx dude! I finally got a B. Diablos DB/SnS GQ, its at 97 going to see how many times I can level it up tonight then I might hit you up some time tomorrow and see if you will help me level it up some more

LasermasterA

@SCAR: I usually do the same, getting a good overall set and gemming in 1-2 skills that benefit my weapon of choice. Not the best thing but works. Although I wouldn't mind playing another 100 hours of Monster Hunter haha. Making better armour and weapons to work with is just another bonus or maybe a side-goal. Everyone's mileage varies depending on their goals, whether they solo or play mostly multiplayer.

My hour count was huge in 3U cause I soloed it all the way to Dire Miralis only going online after it was done haha. So I probably reached HR100 all by myself. Not tough, but long yes.

@FattyWhale_42 @OutCold: The bow is an extremely amazing and tactical weapon. It mainly relies on it's charge shots and the newer Power shot. Since it doesn't use ammo which is used up, it is great as an elemental weapon since the bow has the element itself. Plus depending on the coatings, it can apply statuses as well (usually once or twice in a battle).

Power Coating is usually great since it boosts your power by 50% and C-Range coating is good if you decide to attack the monster close.

The main thing with the bow is that it has these ranges for each shot (i.e. a specific distance from a monster for max damage - critical distance), and each shot being different with levels and at different charge levels of the bow making it very technical. Pierce Shots are the ones which can absolutely annihilate the larger monsters, especially if they are available at Charge lvl 3 or 4. Can also hit internal weaknesses.

Rapid shots are great for concentrating fire on a specific weak region and spread for breaking stuff along the length of large monsters, and tons of small monsters.

Great skills for it, I think are: Tenderizer, Ruthlessness, Attack Up, Challenger+2, Focus, Earplugs (maybe), Pierce Up, Rapid Up, Scatter Up (depending on the shot), PCoat+ (if the bow doesn't have it), Loading (if you want a 4th charge), Status (for status effects), Element Atk (for elemental damage) um and probably a few more. Probably a good one I missed.

And sorry this became like a mini-guide haha. I still have to master the bow and get a good combination of skills.

I guess Fattywhale could elaborate on the bowguns. But then he did give a FAQ and now I am wondering why I typed all this...

Oh and Power bow (relying on raw damage) and elemental bow have differences in the way they play. Power is mostly common but you could go elemental as well.

And by the way guys, I guess my break is over so expect me to ask you guys to join me on hunts soon!

Edit: Oh and the Arc shots haha. And the ideal distance is super important with bow.

LasermasterA

@DarthNocturnal: I love the bow as well. So elegant! Although I still have some problems optimizing my hunts as they go around 30 mins....

The Power Shot is basically an instant 2nd shot at the same charge (if at max charge) or a charge level above right after you shoot. Hence 2 shots in one go if you have the stamina. That is why the seregios bow is so popular with its high raw, c.range coating boost and a power shot to boot. Best rapid bow probably.

Elemental bows are a different story.

I made the Tsukami armor with FastCharge, but it needs a 3 slot weapon to gem in Tenderizer as well.... Yea my Talisman sucks. Plus no Challenger or Attack Up. It does have blightproof though...

I want to be hyped but then the game was probably going to get localized anyway (G or no G) so I was in no hurry considering how much more I want to do in 4 Ultimate xD

Although the rest of the rumours don't really excite me, I will still sleep early and wake up in the middle of the night to watch the direct...

Anyone up for Monster Hunter after that? To either celebrate or get over the disappointment

FattyWhale_42

OutCold wrote:

@FattyWhale_42: Thx dude! I finally got a B. Diablos DB/SnS GQ, its at 97 going to see how many times I can level it up tonight then I might hit you up some time tomorrow and see if you will help me level it up some more

I'll be available off and on throughout the day (I'm available right now), so just let me know. =)

LasermasterA wrote:

I guess Fattywhale could elaborate on the bowguns. But then he did give a FAQ and now I am wondering why I typed all this...

I started doing the same thing, then I remembered that someone had already done all the work! xD

FattyWhale_42

LasermasterA

@OutCold
The Direct is over but I am still sleepy and my hands hurt.

Sorry dude, I guess I can't hunt today.... tomorrow?

Although Monster Hunter Generations hyppeee!!! Although at the rate Capcom is releasing Monster Hunters, I will never be able to play other games XD

So no G-rank version for Cross....?

OutCold

@LasermasterA: Sounds good dude!
I'm so stocked for Generations!!!!!!! Maybe it is a G version they just haven't told us that yet, it is called (G)enerations lol I dont really care I'm just looking forward to playing this game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.