Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 521 to 540 of 5,926

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I'm loving this so much. Simply getting around feels less of a chore. They did a great job of cutting down on pointless animations, like climbing up ledges and stuff. And of course jump-attacking monsters is super cool.

Tried out the Charge Blade and I loved it. Not really a fan of the Insect Glaive yet though, seems to handle a bit weird.

We need to trade up codes and try to relive old times. Still, it will never be the same without @jayarr, @Holymackerel, and @SuperPeach. Those were the days.

...Whut about me? TwT

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I'm loving this so much. Simply getting around feels less of a chore. They did a great job of cutting down on pointless animations, like climbing up ledges and stuff. And of course jump-attacking monsters is super cool.

Tried out the Charge Blade and I loved it. Not really a fan of the Insect Glaive yet though, seems to handle a bit weird.

We need to trade up codes and try to relive old times. Still, it will never be the same without @jayarr, @Holymackerel, and @SuperPeach. Those were the days.

...Whut about me? TwT

You are half the man the @BellGoRiiing use you be. Besides you're still here, those users are not. Plus you have this fear of going online as of late.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Will the username @BellGoRiiing ever truly leave? The world may never know

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

pixelman wrote:

...Whut about me? TwT

You are half the man the @BellGoRiiing use you be. Besides you're still here, those users are not. Plus you have this fear of going online as of late.

....There's no fear, I just never had a real reason to go online, lol. MAYBE with this game, I dunno yet.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

CanisWolfred

I actually like the Insect Glaive. It took me the entire Great Jaggi to get used to it, but it's not that unwieldy. The hardest parts are aiming your "tagging" beam or whatever it is, and landing a jumping after vaulting. The lock-on is very useful for the latter, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FrznTek

I'm really liking the charge blade and duel blades. The gun lance just isn't for me I think, maybe I'll give it another try to see if it grows on me. I'll likely try them all again, shrugs :/

FrznTek

3DS Friend Code: 2681-1877-0068

JaxonH

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm getting really good at jumping on the monsters back now. That's a really nice strategy I like for this version. If done right you can keep the monster on the ground for quite a while.

So, the Insect Glaive let's you pole vault onto the monster, but are there any other weapons that allow you to spring on top of them? Perhaps one of the original weapons? And also I was curious (you seem to know what you're talking about), what's the trick to staying on top of the monster when they try to buck you off? I heard someone say something about pressing R or something, but I haven't figured it out yet...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

JaxonH wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm getting really good at jumping on the monsters back now. That's a really nice strategy I like for this version. If done right you can keep the monster on the ground for quite a while.

So, the Insect Glaive let's you pole vault onto the monster, but are there any other weapons that allow you to spring on top of them? Perhaps one of the original weapons? And also I was curious (you seem to know what you're talking about), what's the trick to staying on top of the monster when they try to buck you off? I heard someone say something about pressing R or something, but I haven't figured it out yet...

Just R to hold on, it'll drain your stamina though, so keep an eye on that. And only the Glaive can vault. But you can mount the monster with any other weapon via a cliff or small ledge.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Spoony_Tech

JaxonH wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

No other weapon as far as I can see will get you up there. As for the mounting it took me about 4 tries but when I figured it out it became simple. All you need to do is look at the meter in the middle of the screen. When the monster head is green mash the X button. The second it turns red hold R. If you do these fast enough I noticed it gives you a bit of a bonus in damage.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

@Spoony_Tech Hello my old friend! Yep, I got an early access code for the MH4U demo. Let's trade codes and play!

I wonder if @JayArr and @SuperPeach will make their return too. I'd love to play again with all of you.

HolyMackerel

Eel

The nicer part is that you don't need to trade friend codes to play with anyone at all.

You just need to know the code of the hosting room and join.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Spoony_Tech Hello my old friend! Yep, I got an early access code for the MH4U demo. Let's trade codes and play!

I wonder if @JayArr and @SuperPeach will make their return too. I'd love to play again with all of you.

I was hoping you got that email lol. My code is in my Sig, just need yours old friend.

MERG said:

HolyMackerel

Spoony_Tech wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

I was hoping you got that email lol. My code is in my Sig, just need yours old friend.

My 3DS code is 4098-3796-9042. Now I need to figure out if there's some kind of chat in online multiplayer...

HolyMackerel

Spoony_Tech

HolyMackerel wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

HolyMackerel wrote:

My 3DS code is 4098-3796-9042. Now I need to figure out if there's some kind of chat in online multiplayer...

From what I hear, text chat in the lobby and I think up to 32 you can edit for quick button presses in the hunt. I don't think I want to text on the 3ds while hunting lol. For tri we all most likely had keyboards.

MERG said:

HolyMackerel

@CanisWolfred Mickeymac, long time no see buddy! I remember you, of course. Totally want more friends to join my hunts! Send me your friend code.

Everyone's changed their names, it's like a parallel dimension!

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

To be fair, this became sort of my default name on most places. I think there's only one site left where I still call myself Mickeymac...and may not stick around there much longer. -_-; EDIT: Two sites! I forgot about the Backloggery somehow...

Anyways, my friend code is: 1418-6849-7569

@MorphMarron - Oh yeah, well I had no idea you were here long enough to remember who Mickeymac was, so we're even.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.