Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 481 to 500 of 5,926

JaxonH

I beat Gore Magala solo my first try, but man that was close! I wasted the first five minutes seeing if I could change the camera speed, and having died when playing him online with others I really wasn't expecting to win. The 10 minute marker came and he wasn't even limping yet, so I thought for sure I was going to lose. I know I must've landed that last hit with 10 seconds left on the clock because it was really pushing the time limit lol. Didn't even faint once either.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

The monsters get tougher depending on the amount of humans participating in the hunt.

So the gore that killed you when playing online was effectively stronger than the one you defeated in solo.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tsuchinoko

That black mist is the wyvern virus I mentioned when I got yelled at for spoilers. It infects the hunter by not allowing recovery. It infects monsters differently though.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Haru17

JaxonH wrote:

I beat Gore Magala solo my first try, but man that was close! I wasted the first five minutes seeing if I could change the camera speed, and having died when playing him online with others I really wasn't expecting to win. The 10 minute marker came and he wasn't even limping yet, so I thought for sure I was going to lose. I know I must've landed that last hit with 10 seconds left on the clock because it was really pushing the time limit lol. Didn't even faint once either.

Yeah, the demo is much easier than most of MH 3 because you have overpowered gear, even for a 25 minute fight. They want new players to feel that they can get into the game.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

TeeJay

Xiao_Pai wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

So what does the dreaded black mist um, do....exactly? It's just about impossible to avoid (at least with the long sword) and it envelops you but...I saw no visible difference?

Prevents natural recovery...you know, when you get damaged and you have a red bar that recovers over time.

Oh is that all? That sounds pretty trivial.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

KO-Cub

JaxonH wrote:

It doesn't limp. It simply rages when near death or taken a good amount of damage. Basically I've seen it berserk 3 times.
I'm estimating it berserk when health is some where around 3/2, 3/1 and near death. And won't stop until you hit a weak spot enough to incapacitate it.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CanisWolfred

TeeJay wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

So what does the dreaded black mist um, do....exactly? It's just about impossible to avoid (at least with the long sword) and it envelops you but...I saw no visible difference?

Prevents natural recovery...you know, when you get damaged and you have a red bar that recovers over time.

...it's not. Especially if you're trying to conserve potions.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

...it's not. Especially if you're trying to conserve potions.

Not to mention the people that use the abilities to regenerate that health even quicker. It would totally negate that armor set.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Are the camera controls still as wonky in this game as in 3U? I want to know whether I should invest in the CPP or not.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Rezalack

Well.. as of the demo it's just a d-pad on the touchscreen that controls the camera. It's pretty wonky. I haven't played MH3U so I can't compare them, but I imagine it's not much different. I think that the New 3DS will remedy this and make the game a whole lot easier. At least that's what I'm hoping, lol.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

Are the camera controls still as wonky in this game as in 3U? I want to know whether I should invest in the CPP or not.

Exactly the same.

Oh and btw I never hardly ever use the camera. The L button once again is your friend. When you're on the screen with the monster tap on the monster icon on the touch screen to get the lock. Then just use L all the time.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Rezalack

I didnt realize we had a lock option.. that might help, lol. I was just gonna say that if you use an aiming weapon like crossbow/box/insect glaive the camera is vital.. which makes those weapons somewhat of a pain to use. I'll have to try the lock.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

CanisWolfred

I forgot to use lock on until the monster was almost down. It really helps, though. Made those last few minutes a breeze.

Any experienced players up for some online battlin'?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Undead_terror

Thee undead will probably play with some of the NL community, I am a hammer wielder and experienced, if any are interested I will make a room!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

And here I have to work all day!

MERG said:

CanisWolfred

Undead_terror wrote:

Thee undead will probably play with some of the NL community, I am a hammer wielder and experienced, if any are interested I will make a room!

Can I join, if the offer's still open?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Undead_terror

I can accept three people for now (later the slots will probably be taken up) so I will make a room and I will tell of the info in a sec!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

KO-Cub

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Exactly the same.

Oh and btw I never hardly ever use the camera. The L button once again is your friend. When you're on the screen with the monster tap on the monster icon on the touch screen to get the lock. Then just use L all the time.

It's twice the friend of my EZ Time Bomb and Sword and Shield.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.