Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 5,926

Rapido

Anyone want to hunt w/ me lv. 138 Guild Quest Apex Jho? G. Sword/L. Sword bias. Just let me know.

MH4U handle: Nobunaga

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

The__Goomba

Im really new to Monster Hunter(about 2 hours in),And I currently have all chainmail armour but I would like to know what armour am I best going for next,Any advice would be helpful,thanks.😁Also at what point would you suggest going online I don't wanna burden people at my current level.

Please feel free to follow me on Twitter ✌

Twitter:

Kaze_Memaryu

@Fidu21 Alright, then! The room is ready!

Metroid Hunters, assemble!
Room ID: 45-9777-2274-8290
Pass: 2828

@The__Goomba I'd recommend you play the story mode until the first major antagonist is defeated (you'll know who I mean when you meet him). By then, you should have a basic feel for what weapon you like to play with. Then continue the story until you've crafted a good armor set (preferably a full set from one specific monster), and practice your weapon of choice some more. If you feel confident enough with the weapon by then, you'll be adequately prepared for the online multiplayer.
All further things you need to learn will come to you over time - just don't rush things. Take your time, think about what you want next, and, most importantly, have fun!
As for armor recommendations: just pick one you like from the looks for starters and work towards it. Low Rank is comparably lenient, so your armor choice isn't too important just yet.

Edited on by Kaze_Memaryu

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

FattyWhale_42

The__Goomba wrote:

Im really new to Monster Hunter(about 2 hours in),And I currently have all chainmail armour but I would like to know what armour am I best going for next,Any advice would be helpful,thanks.😁Also at what point would you suggest going online I don't wanna burden people at my current level.

Tetsucabra Armor is a good starting set, it has good Health and Defense. As for when to go online? I'd say, first finish offline Low-rank, then online Low-rank, then offline High-rank, followed by online High-rank. You'll want to have access to Wystones before you get to G-rank.

Now this is just one recommendation, and is by no means the only order you can complete them in. However, this way your progress will be more linear, and you shouldn't hit any major difficulty walls.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Haru17

The__Goomba wrote:

There's no really recommended armor. I would just build a full set of one of the early armors. Pay attention to the skills, press y in the crafting screen to see what they do. That's most of what the armor does for you.

I would switch between single and online multiplayer to get a feel for both. Multiplayer is really good for quickly farming a monster to build its armor set. Try to stick to the low rank gathering halls, until you become more experienced, though.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Jazzer94

Haru17 wrote:

The__Goomba wrote:

There's no really recommended armor. I would just build a full set of one of the early armors. Pay attention to the skills, press y in the crafting screen to see what they do. That's most of what the armor does for you.

I would switch between single and online multiplayer to get a feel for both. Multiplayer is really good for quickly farming a monster to build its armor set. Try to stick to the low rank gathering halls, until you become more experienced, though.

I disagree, Tetsucabra Armor is probably the best armour to make next.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Fidu21

i think i lost track of time XD hope you're still there Kaze!

i would reccomend Velociprey armor, but thats a bit too agressive for a newcomer, so i reccomend Tetsucabra armor, it has good defensive skills, which are helpful. And, you should go online, regardless of your level or skill, online is where you get more experience anyway. and, we can help you with the online if you so desire. just keep huntin and upgrading bud!

Also, i don't reccomend buying the armors that are for sale in the village store. they aren't worth it when compared to crafted armors. just a tip

i actually got to Hi Rank before i reached HR4 in village. Mainly because i had played Monster Hunter before, and i knew what i was doing. i faced Gore Malaga with the full Hi rank Brachydios set XD

Edited on by Fidu21

Fidu21

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5551-7202 | Nintendo Network ID: Fidu21

Fidu21

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I played Tri mostly online. It's where I learned everything, thanks to having a consistent hunting group. I had done most/ all online quests (even events), and had two fully upgraded HR armour sets (G wasn't in Tri), and every longsword.

So, when interest with my group ended, I went and did the single player, which was painfully easy. But it did show me that doing offline in MH is still very important, as alot of resources are made easier to aquireover time, and they and many upgrades carry over to multiplayer.

So I say, so both. Everything you do, regardless of whether it's offline or online, helps you out. The game is awesome like that.

whoah. there was no G Rank in tri? it was in 3U so, huh. Didn't know that.

also village is very important in this game. because of the wystones and demolisher ammo, something essential in G3 and onwards, which you can only fully get in caravan rank 10

Edited on by Fidu21

Fidu21

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5551-7202 | Nintendo Network ID: Fidu21

The__Goomba

Thanks for all the help guys,I'll take it all on board,I can't believe I've been passing this series up all these years it's so fun😄

Please feel free to follow me on Twitter ✌

Twitter:

TeeJay

@Iggly! Jaxon, Aaron and I are planning on doing my G3 urgent and we need your help! Could you please help us?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Astraea

I think Iggly said he had a lot of schoolwork to do, but I can help you out if you want.

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

TeeJay

Neptune wrote:

I think Iggly said he had a lot of schoolwork to do, but I can help you if you want.

Sure! The ID is 45-6556-0020-1431 and the passcode is 7777

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Undead_terror

At 10:30 pm eastern we are gonna help rank up a guy from HR 3 to 4, after that we are doing some high rank DLC quests, anyone interested in joining?
Couple of shout outs just incase @Morpheel @Bellgoriiing (just wanted to post that really)

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TeeJay

Neptune wrote:

It's full?

Are you Zenith? Because we started the quest with Zenith. If not then we accidentally started with a random...

Eel

Undead_terror wrote:

At 10:30 pm eastern we are gonna help rank up a guy from HR 3 to 4, after that we are doing some high rank DLC quests, anyone interested in joining?
Couple of shout outs just incase @Morpheel @Bellgoriiing (just wanted to post that really)

Sure, it's been a while since I last hunted.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Undead_terror

Morpheel wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Sure, it's been a while since I last hunted.

You mean us or you in general?
Well anyways it's me, @SheldonRandoms and @PKNoUsernameHere we are gonna help NUN and then we are gonna attempt the DLC quests, there is one that we want to do a couple of times which is the super sonic Seregios, but the rest is one time mostly.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Astraea

@TeeJay: No, I go by Astraea. Everyone left as soon as I entered...

Astraea

TeeJay

Neptune wrote:

@TeeJay: No, I go by Astraea. Everyone left as soon as I entered...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. The quest was already over when you entered and we'd already been hunting for hours. If I had known you were Astraea I would have at least said something to you before I left. I'm sorry I wasted your time...

Edited on by TeeJay

Astraea

It's okay. I took down a G rank Savage Jho in the Everwood while I was waiting. Everyone basically left as soon as I went to the Gathering Hall so it was roughly 10 seconds I spent there.

Astraea

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.