Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 5,926

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
There are, but they (like many other quests) must be unlocked through a quest chain. Couldn't tell you which quests you need to play to unlock them, but you can Google it and find out

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Jazzer94

Bummer got dc'd and the hall fills up, will just do some random hunts then.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Ninimcgee

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@Ninimcgee All you need to start is the confidence that you're prepared for the multiplayer. Of course it doesn't hurt to have a full armor set (by which I mean five armor parts that share their respective naming gimmick).
But the most important thing is to know what weapon you like to use, and just have fun with it! In Low Rank, skill is beneficial, but not crucial, so there's a fairly good margin for error, and you'll be able to observe monster patterns.

That said, 30 quests doesn't say much yet. Try to focus on Single Player until you've defeated the first "major antagonist" (you'll know who I mean once you meet him), at which point you will have a decent range of monsters to farm materials from. Then you go and craft the armor of one specific monster, and maybe treat yourself to a fitting weapon before hitting online realms.
Just one note for online: Low Rank can be very chaotic, as many newcomers just rush right into the multiplayer with the very basic equipment (not a death sentence, but also not very smart). Don't get discouraged by that too easily, it's just how it goes.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have a bit more work to do before I start looking for online groups. Is this a good thread to continue asking mentoring questions? Or has this thread turned into a LFG type of thread?

Ninimcgee

FattyWhale_42

Jazzer94 wrote:

Oh sorry, I think I'm the one that blocked you out. :/ I can take off if you want.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Jazzer94

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Oh sorry, I think I'm the one that blocked you out. :/ I can take off if you want.

Nah its fine, don't think I'll be hunting much longer failing apex rajang 3 times in a row has zapped the strength out of me plus its getting super late where I am.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Fidu21

oh hell yes finished my Samus gunner gear! thing rapid fires normal shots 5 times per round XD and i can gleefuly confirm, Metroid CAN crawl

Fidu21

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5551-7202 | Nintendo Network ID: Fidu21

Haru17

Fidu21 wrote:

oh hell yes finished my Samus gunner gear! thing rapid fires normal shots 5 times per round XD and i can gleefuly confirm, Metroid CAN crawl

SSSSHHH, don't tell the internet!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Kaze_Memaryu

@Ninimcgee Of course, ask away! I'm sure there's always someone ready to answer whatever questions you may have! It just might take a few hours, depending on the time you ask, but we're trying our best to help each other. Every hunter helped is a hunter you can enjoy hunting with! ^_^

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

LyIa

Anyone on? I'm looking to go from HR2 to G3 for my USJ trip.
(room closed)

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

Astraea

I have things to do atm, but I should be able to get on in 30 minutes.

Astraea

Astraea

The password is incorrect.

Astraea

LyIa

Sorry, I'll try again with a new Gathering Hall.

EDIT: Room closed. Thanks for the help, @Neptune!

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

Fidu21

I'm in kyle, joining in a few secs!

Fidu21

TeeJay

Jaxon and I are going to be hunting S. Zinogre to farm its tail for a bit, then Chameleos for the armor. If anyone wants to join, you're free to! Passcode is 7777.

Hall ID: 65-3909-7476-5900

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Fidu21

so. i finally reached Gogmazios.

Holy Bowsers that is HARDCORE. i think i'll finish story mode before fighting him again, or unless you guys wanna join me to help. the fight was fun, epic, but we got destroyed there. i got 2 tails, oil and a crushing defeat XD

Edited on by Fidu21

Fidu21

Haru17

Fidu21 wrote:

so. i finally reached Gogmazios.

Holy Bowsers that is HARDCORE. i think i'll finish story mode before fighting him again, or unless you guys wanna join me to help. the fight was fun, epic, but we got destroyed there. i got 2 tails, oil and a crushing defeat XD

He's not especially challenging after you recognize his tells, he just does a lot of damage. The main thing is avoiding his feet and various 1-shot oil LAZARs.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Fidu21

its just that i feel like i got wrecked by the Tar Monster from Scooby Doo XD

Fidu21

Joeynator3000

...So Puzzle and Dragons is like...crushing me now...which means I may take a break and go back to this game. xp
Dunno about hunting online, though...but yeah I'll let you people know. owo

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Kaze_Memaryu

Free day, which means hunt-a-thon galore! I'm out for Metroid stuff (first both armor sets, then the weapon), so if anyone wants to join, give me a shout, and I'll open a room!

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Fidu21

i'm game! i'll join you

Fidu21

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.