Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 5,926

JaxonH

@BinaryFragger
I was thinking of buying it on iPad, running it to the TV and using my Hori M-fi controller. Might be something you could look into. I figure there's enough good games on iOS that it was worth getting a controller for- this being one good example.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Kaze_Memaryu

So, this may sound really cheap or lazy (because it is, honestly), but does anyone have a +120 GC with SA/CB or LA/GL bias and is willing to send it to me? The monster doesn't matter too much (as long as it's not a Drome). I'm having serious trouble ranking up my own GQ's, and online strangers don't like doing GQ's that aren't their own or below Lv.120, either.

Edited on by Kaze_Memaryu

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Hy8ogen

Anyone farming G-rank Shagaru Magala?

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

FattyWhale_42

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

So, this may sound really cheap or lazy (because it is, honestly), but does anyone have a +120 GC with SA/CB or LA/GL bias and is willing to send it to me? The monster doesn't matter too much (as long as it's not a Drome). I'm having serious trouble ranking up my own GQ's, and online strangers don't like doing GQ's that aren't their own or below Lv.120, either.

I have a Lv. 118 Deviljho Guild Quest with a S.Axe/C.Blade/I.Glave bias you can have.

But as long as it's at least a Lv. 86+ Guild Quest, you shouldn't have too much of a problem attracting other players — at least in my experience.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Kaze_Memaryu

@FattyWhale_42 That'd be great! I'll open up a room real quick! Just let me know if you need something, and I'll try my best to help (but I'm stuck on G2 right now, so I'm sorry if I'm too low).

Room ID: 24-6016-6855-7270
Passcode: 2828

Edited on by Kaze_Memaryu

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

Hy8ogen

@Jazzer94
@Kaze_Memaryu

Damn different time zones. Are you guys free 8 hours later (from the time of this post)?

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

potatomage7

Today I needed to farm some Omniplegia Sacs to make a new charge blade, so I made a hall and posted a Desert Seltas Quest. One guy joins and since D. Seltas is pretty easy we just went in as the two of us. Before we left, I checked to see what the person had eaten for, and saw that one of the skills was Felyne Gamechanger. I thought nothing of it at the time.

The hunt went pretty well. Neither of us had taken a serious hit. Then suddenly a Rajang showed up. We weren't expecting it and we didn't have dung bombs. After around five minutes of trying to fight both monsters at the same time, we'd both carted once. Luckily, the Seltas moved to a different area. We wailed on it for a while before the Rajang decided to join us again. This time however, we were prepared. We both focused on dodging and managed to still hit the Seltas. We were doing pretty well until I saw the Rajang collapse.

I looked at the bottom screen and saw the word APEX beneath the Rajang's portrait.

The other person must have seen it too, because we both hightailed it out of there. We both waited until the Seltas left and then wailed on it as hard as we could. We finally managed to bring it down. However, literally 10 seconds after we killed the Seltas, the Apex Rajang entered the area. It was quite a hunt, to say the least.

Moral of story: Always bring Dung Bombs.

potatomage7

SnowyGlaceon

potatomage7 wrote:

Today I needed to farm some Omniplegia Sacs to make a new charge blade, so I made a hall and posted a Desert Seltas Quest. One guy joins and since D. Seltas is pretty easy we just went in as the two of us. Before we left, I checked to see what the person had eaten for, and saw that one of the skills was Felyne Gamechanger. I thought nothing of it at the time.

The hunt went pretty well. Neither of us had taken a serious hit. Then suddenly a Rajang showed up. We weren't expecting it and we didn't have dung bombs. After around five minutes of trying to fight both monsters at the same time, we'd both carted once. Luckily, the Seltas moved to a different area. We wailed on it for a while before the Rajang decided to join us again. This time however, we were prepared. We both focused on dodging and managed to still hit the Seltas. We were doing pretty well until I saw the Rajang collapse.

I looked at the bottom screen and saw the word APEX beneath the Rajang's portrait.

The other person must have seen it too, because we both hightailed it out of there. We both waited until the Seltas left and then wailed on it as hard as we could. We finally managed to bring it down. However, literally 10 seconds after we killed the Seltas, the Apex Rajang entered the area. It was quite a hunt, to say the least.

Moral of story: Always bring Dung Bombs.

Heh, must've been very intense. When I saw the Rajang in the Desert Seltas quest, I thought "Nope, not dealing with that."and ran away. Luckily, I never saw it go Apex.

ALL HAIL THE GLACEONS!
Nets truly are wondrous things...

3DS Friend Code: 0447-6300-7598

Eel

The Apex status happens when a monster survives the Frenzy Virus (as strong as they become, most monsters die shortly after getting infected).

The monster embraces and weaponizes the virus, which makes them super aggressive and resistant.

In other words, it's frenzy v.2.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Did this game add special monster statuses? I know of the frenzied monsters, but I guess I figured Apex was another sub-species thing.

Well, no, poison and paralysis statuses for monsters have been in the game since I don't even know when. Then there's enrage, which every monster has, frenzy, and special states like Zinogre's charged mode.

Anyway, I finally completed all of the high rank guild quests. Now I just have the two g rank 4-5 monster arena quests to do and the rank 8-10 caravan quests. Well, I'm getting there, anyway.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Kaze_Memaryu

@DarthNocturnal Technically, you have your first Apex fight in the story, as a means to introduce the Wystones sub-mechanic to you. But every other Apex monster appears either during G-Rank Gathering Hall hunts, or Lv.86+ Guild Quests.
Also, only very few monsters can even go Apex to begin with, so you won't have to worry about monsters going Apex everywhere.

Undead_terror

Untitled
Need to make King Poogie to bring demise to all the monsters! also got my own team of hunters but could allow one other person to join sometime, gonna need all the help we can get.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Thinking about recording another video sometime this week, wanna do the Gathering Hall's Molten Tigrex.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Undead_terror wrote:

Untitled
Need to make King Poogie to bring demise to all the monsters! also got my own team of hunters but could allow one other person to join sometime, gonna need all the help we can get.

That one is actually super easy to make, I can help if you want

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Undead_terror

Morpheel wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Untitled

That one is actually super easy to make, I can help if you want

Sure, what level is the quest or is it only a guild quest, heard it was only a guild quest, well anyvay I need three giant beaks and two kut ears, could play later, will let ya know.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.