Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 5,926

Eel

Thanks again xD

That HH is pretty awesome, it's got good support songs and it's strong. It'll be the first event HH I actually use.

It's also apparently alive. And it comes with its own special music notes.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

There's a naked run jho quest in MH4U? Did I miss it along the way?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Woah! I just unlocked Masters Test. Finally. Already stomped all over the final 5 super monster G rank scroll quest, but this is solo. Should be good

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

JaxonH wrote:

There's a naked run jho quest in MH4U? Did I miss it along the way?

It's an HR 7 quest in the Gathering Hall, you should probably have it.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Eel

It's a HR quest.

As pessimistic as I was about the idea of hunting two deviljhos at the same time and without armor... We did it on our first try.

It was pretty intense though. Specially because my 3DS was blinking red for a good chuck of the hunt while I tried to find a charger and not die.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

JaxonH

Morpheel wrote:

It's a HR quest.

As pessimistic as I was about the idea of hunting two deviljhos at the same time and without armor... We did it on our first try.

High rank doesn't sound so bad. But I do recall the G rank naked Deviljho DLC quest in MH3U- that one was definitely a nail-biting experience

Fidu21

Anyone up for teostra farming? i need some rest from studying XD

Fidu21

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5551-7202 | Nintendo Network ID: Fidu21

JaxonH

Beat the Master's Test, EVEN FORGETTING to bring more than 1 max potion and letting the 2nd monster see me after the fence went down (smoke ran out same time). I actually thought I was a goner but then I took out the Apex Regios and hope returned. It was mono e mono with Apex Diablos. Then all hope immediately left me again when Apex Deviljho crashed the party lol. Then hope returned as I stuffed Blos in a cigar tube and smoked him.

And the Jho was no problem by itself, of course.

Great quest, and great rewards too! Peeled a crook from Jho, a lens from Regios, and added two new powerful talismans to my arsinal.

Well done Capcom. Well done.

Fidu21

JaxonH wrote:

Beat the Master's Test, EVEN FORGETTING to bring more than 1 max potion and letting the 2nd monster see me after the fence went down (smoke ran out same time). I actually thought I was a goner but then I took out the Apex Regios and hope returned. It was mono e mono with Apex Diablos. Then all hope immediately left me again when Apex Deviljho crashed the party lol. Then hope returned as I stuffed Blos in a cigar tube and smoked him.

Great quest, and great rewards too! Peeled a crook from Jho, a lens from Regios, and added two new powerful talismans to my arsinal.

Sounds like a war story XD what do they give you for completing master's test? bragging rights?

Fidu21

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5551-7202 | Nintendo Network ID: Fidu21

JaxonH

Fidu21 wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

Sounds like a war story XD what do they give you for completing master's test? bragging rights?

Pretty much. Couple awesome talismans- though nothing like caravaneer's challenge and the +10 mounting- you get a +12 wide range with no slots (garbage)- so these are just random reward drops, still WAY good though, at least the ones I got- also get a song unlocked for diva in the assembly and a badge on your guild card.

Other than that, I guess the Zenith Wyvern Gem and Gem L's are good rewards if you haven't fought Apex before. Can use those to hone (I've got a bajillion already though). And higher drop rates on rare materials (heck, I got a Deviljho Crook and Seregios Lens in a single hunt- not bad).

Edited on by JaxonH

LaserdiscGal

Anytime Zerkbro

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

TeeJay

Zerks! Long time no see

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

I have been playing MH3U from time to time lately, it's a little surprising how the inclusion of [portable] online multiplayer has made me enjoy this one so much more. I already tripled the time I spent with MH3U in MH4U.

It also feels much smaller. And somehow harder too. Guess that's because I have to play that one on my own (I prefer playing on the 2ds).

The single player in this one is tons better too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

I have been playing MH3U from time to time lately, it's a little surprising how the inclusion of [portable] online multiplayer has made me enjoy this one so much more. I already tripled the time I spent with MH3U in MH4U.

It also feels much smaller. And somehow harder too. Guess that's because I have to play that one on my own (I prefer playing on the 2ds).

The single player in this one is tons better too.

I haven't gone back yet (backplate removal, micro sd hassle and all), but I got the distinct impression that the environments in 3 were much grander in scale. It's mostly just skyboxes, but I still felt that the areas had a greater sense of progression and gating than in 4U, where they feel more like race tracks with no defined start and end point.

It might be that seeing those areas first (or at all) in a higher resolution on a 50-inch TV screen makes them feel larger. I might get the same sense if I played a version of 4U with more screen real estate.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Spoony_Tech

I still like the open Areas in 3(U) better then the claustrophobic areas in this game. Yes I do like the climbing but each area in comparison feels much smaller do to this new mechanic.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bezerker99

I'll take the environments and climbing parts in MH4U over the underwater segments of 3U any day of the week! I absolutely could not stand those underwater battles.

Edited on by bezerker99

Spoony_Tech

Yeah the watt battles weren't a favorite of many that's for sure.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

I haven't really noticed much of a change in size between the areas in both games.

I guess you guys mean the areas in 3 feel larger because they're mostly plain without different elevations?

(Thankfully, because climbing anything is super slow in that game)

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.