Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 5,926

JaxonH

Morpheel wrote:

Nope it wasn't me, never hunted a Kirin subspecies.

They're not bad with fencing and a good fire glaive, ALONE, but when you've got more than one, together, in a single arena like area... make way.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

@JaxonH I remember that quest, I was there with you. As for the other person who carted, it was some random person who joined us after seeing me link the room in the April DLC MH4U article.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

Iggly wrote:

@JaxonH I remember that quest, I was there with you. As for the other person who carted, it was some random person who joined us after seeing me link the room in the April DLC MH4U article.

Oh ok, ya that was one serious high rank quest. And while Three Virtues may be a cakewalk now, at the time- being in high rank, it was brutal.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

@JaxonH The person who carted with me in the double Kirin quest wasn't some random. It was @Jazzer94, I remember it

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

So, I'm trying to collect all the dual blades that have two elements combined, or an element and status combined. There's only a handful of them in the game. So far I've maxed out and honed:

Ritual Eidolons (O--)
266 damage
440 ice
260 paralysis
*** I like to call these the Monoblos Killers. That bugger will stay paralyzed most of the fight as you dish out his weakest element. I use a special Razor Sharp set with these due to the natural purple sharpness. Great when hunting in a party.

Twin Elders (---)
448 damage (-40% affinity)
150 ice
150 blast
*** Not quite as good as the Monoblos Killers, but higher overall raw damage (still over 400 even with negative affinity) so more suitable for solo hunts. And works great for monsters weak to both ice and blast. Also has natural purple sharpness.

And I'm working on maxing the next two. The Fatalis dual blades (Twinbane Blades) can't reach their final upgrade until the G rank White Fatalis DLC releases, but even without being maxed, they're still better than 99% of the dual blades in the game, and will be AMAZING after the final upgrade and honing. The other set has a ways to go yet, but I've got a feeling they're gonna be a fine set of dual blades once fully upgraded. Fire and poison sounds like the perfect Kushala Killer combination.

Twinbane Blades (OOO)
392 damage
350 dragon
300 blast
*** Say hello to the Rathalos Killers. And pretty much any other monster weak to dragon for that matter. Generous slice of purple with Sharpness+1, and the triple slots ensure you slide at least one extra skill into your set. I promise you, take these babies out for a spin and you won't wanna use anything else.

Melting Wail
266 damage (-20% affinity)
280 fire
150 poison
*** Keep in mind this is only at Rare 5. ALOT of potential here.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH The person who carted with me in the double Kirin quest wasn't some random. It was @Jazzer94, I remember it

That was a tough quest wasn't it? My goodness. I was NOT ready for what we were up against. Who would've thought two little Kirins could wreak so much havoc? I knew it was tough, but I also knew it was still just a high rank quest. HUGE lapse of judgement. I'd rather solo an Apex Deviljho than do that quest alone...

Edited on by JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

JaxonH wrote:

So, I'm trying to collect all the dual blades that have two elements combined, or an element and status combined. There's only a handful of them in the game. So far I've maxed out and honed:

Ritual Eidolons (O--)
266 damage
440 ice
260 paralysis
*** I like to call these the Monoblos Killers. That bugger will stay paralyzed most of the fight as you dish out his weakest element. I use a special Razor Sharp set with these due to the natural purple sharpness. Great when hunting in a party.

Twin Elders (---)
448 damage (-40% affinity)
150 ice
150 blast
*** Not quite as good as the Monoblos Killers, but higher overall raw damage (still over 400 even with negative affinity) so more suitable for solo hunts. And works great for monsters weak to both ice and blast. Also has natural purple sharpness.

And I'm working on maxing the next two. The Fatalis dual blades (Twinbane Blades) can't reach their final upgrade until the G rank White Fatalis DLC releases, but even without being maxed, they're still better than 99% of the dual blades in the game, and will be AMAZING after the final upgrade and honing. The other set has a ways to go yet, but I've got a feeling they're gonna be a fine set of dual blades once fully upgraded. Fire and poison sounds like the perfect Kushala Killer combination.

Twinbane Blades (OOO)
392 damage
350 dragon
300 blast
*** Say hello to the Rathalos Killers. And pretty much any other monster weak to dragon for that matter. Generous slice of purple with Sharpness+1, and the triple slots ensure you slide at least one extra skill into your set. I promise you, take these babies out for a spin and you won't wanna use anything else.

Melting Wail
266 damage (-20% affinity)
280 fire
150 poison
*** Keep in mind this is only at Rare 5. ALOT of potential here.

You're missing at least one as I have one with sleep and water. Works really well too. Oh and I have another with Dragon and lightening.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
Do you know which one it is? Like, the name of the dual blades and which monster to get them from? I've got all the ones that show up in my list, I think...

I looked it up. The water and sleep is Plesioth I think. The Ice and water is Zamtrios. And the fire and thunder is Stygian Zinogre. I'm missing three.

Edited on by JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

JaxonH wrote:

@Spoony_Tech
Do you know which one it is? Like, the name of the dual blades and which monster to get them from? I've got all the ones that show up in my list, I think...

I looked it up. The water and sleep is Plesioth I think. The Ice and water is Zamtrios. And the fire and thunder is Stygian Zinogre. I'm missing three.

I updated my post, you're missing another lol. Works great against Akantor. That one take S Zinogre and Zinogre parts.

And you're right about the sleep water one.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

That was a tough quest wasn't it? My goodness. I was NOT ready for what we were up against. Who would've thought two little Kirins could wreak so much havoc? I knew it was tough, but I also knew it was still just a high rank quest. HUGE lapse of judgement. I'd rather solo an Apex Deviljho than do that quest alone...

Yeah it was tough as hell, and I knew it would be going in, considering we went on that quest once and triple carted pretty much immediately. But I was at a special disadvantage because my armor was weak to both electricity and ice! I was able to gem in and eat for electric defense but that still left me weak to ice.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

In the middle of capturing Azure, once I deal with that I'm gonna go do Pokemon Shuffle real quick then I'll be online here. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Spoony_Tech wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

@Spoony_Tech

I updated my post, you're missing another lol. Works great against Akantor. That one take S Zinogre and Zinogre parts.

And you're right about the sleep water one.

I actually updated mine. I'm missing 3, plus the one from the Worn Blades line... So 4. And there's actually one or two more listed but I believe they are exclusive to Japan at the moment. Anyhow, I actually had the water/ice and didn't even know it. It was still pretty low grade so I hadn't been checking the lower Rare dual blades. So I went ahead and upgraded that since I had tons of materials already. Which leaves two more. I bought the water and sleep dual blades and I'm in the process of upgrading them now, but I'm stuck on the stupid Fine G Plesioth Fin. As for the final Dragon/Thunder dual blades, I bought the pair that evolves into it, but I haven't yet looked at upgrading it because I am busy trying to get these Green Plesioth mats. I've fought plenty of monsters so hopefully I'll be able to the max them out right away.

Edited on by JaxonH

Joeynator3000

...pokes people o.o

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Joeynator3000

Yay! x3
EDIT: Pass is 1234 as always...
ID: 08-8520-1878-4919

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

FattyWhale_42

Did you guys get dropped from that last one, or was it just me?

I went ahead and finished it anyway.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Joeynator3000

...Well, I knew multiplayer quests had cutscenes, just didn't think Akantor's would still play...also forgot that it involves the whole group, which was awesome. xp
EDIT: And yeah, you got DC'ed apparently, Morph and I were able to finish off Akantor.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Eel

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Did you guys get dropped from that last one, or was it just me?

I went ahead and finished it anyway.

It was only you, that must've been hard to beat with a bowgun!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.