Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 5,926

JaxonH

Thanks for the hunts guys... had a lot of fun today. Might be time for me to take a little break though- I can tell when I'm playing a game too much, and I think I need to step off for a bit.

Still need to take down that Akantor and Ukanlos though...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

You can never have too much Monster Hunter. Though taking breaks is good, it even tells you to do so whenever you boot up the game. I know I'll be taking a small break once the Mario Kart 8 DLC releases.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Iggly
Oh most definitely. And Splatoon is only a month away too.

I'll be playing MH for a couple more months, at least until all the DLC is released, but a little breathing room would be good. I messed dude's carve up (I think) and I'm usually more careful than that- I'm getting careless playing so much. And I lost it when I kept getting knocked off my mounts by people attacking the monster (4x in a row actually, started to think people were doing it intentionally) and normally I can at least keep my composure and brush it off when stuff like that happens. So that's my cue to step back, take a deep breath, and come back to the game in a couple days. I've been playing this game every single day since it released after all...

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

Speaking of breaks...switches over to Xenoblade 3D for a couple of days, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Sanya wrote:

Speaking of breaks...switches over to Xenoblade 3D for a couple of days, lol

I think I'll do exactly that! Started a game and saved right away to go back to Monster Hunter- maybe it's time to lay down the glaive and pick up the Manado...

It must be good if it's pulling you away from MH4U. Not just any ol' game can make that boast...

Joeynator3000

Also, the 2 free Pokemon games. x3

Keep it PG-13-ish.

TeeJay

Yeah @JaxonH if you feel you need a break then by all means do so.

I actually haven't played Xenoblade myself for a few days...not for lack of wanting to it's just that between Smash, Xenoblade and MH4U I'm being pulled 3 different directions and something has to give

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ralizah

Playing this game slow is the way to go for me. Never gets repetitive when you take regular breaks.

Yeesh, just fought the frenzied Tigrex. Between jumping across entire areas without sparing a breath and spinning like a top when you get near it, I just barely managed to not die in that fight with it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Joeynator3000

I usually just stop playing MH for a bit if things start to frustrate me. And I'm trying to get a horn from Teo, for some odd reason it won't give me another. And Teo keeps comboing me constantly and I get very close to failing the quest. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH

I don't think you were the one who kept hitting me, but either way it's all good. I know that sometimes lag can make it look a little different on our respective screens, so I'm not gonna think too much about it.

Just everyone needs to be aware that it's probably best not to keep attacking the monsters after they've been beaten — when playing with others at least.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Astraea

I managed to beat a G rank Dah'ren Mohran in six minutes today. Apparently, if you deal enough damage to him (and maybe break his head and blowhole) before he jumps over the ship, the battle will switch over to the final round. I bet I can get a faster time if I stopped wasting too much time trying to break his horn.

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

Haru17

JaxonH wrote:

the Manado...

Yup, sounds like Xenoblade, lol.

JaxonH wrote:

It must be good if it's pulling you away from MH4U. Not just any ol' game can make that boast...

Be mindful, it is in no way an ARPG. It has MMO-style auto-attack-based combat, it's much less active than Monster Hunter or even Tales FYI.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

@JaxonH

I don't think you were the one who kept hitting me, but either way it's all good. I know that sometimes lag can make it look a little different on our respective screens, so I'm not gonna think too much about it.

Just everyone needs to be aware that it's probably best not to keep attacking the monsters after they've been beaten — when playing with others at least.

Precisely. It's something I never do- for that very reason. Which I how I know I'm making poor judgement calls playing too much. It might not have been just me, or me at all, but either way it was still a risky thing to do . I saw him attacking and thought Id join in on the fun- not a wise decision.

Edited on by JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

Is there anyway to buy raw meat. I'm just about out of anything related to any meat lol. That affects a lot of items.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Is there anyway to buy raw meat. I'm just about out of anything related to any meat lol. That affects a lot of items.

No but you get a bunch every time you finish a gathering quest.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

I don't want to gather lol. All the more reason to get to G rank I guess.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I don't want to gather lol. All the more reason to get to G rank I guess.

Gathering is extremely important! I kind of wonder how you made it this far without doing a few gathering quests, lol.

Besides, they're extremely short. You wait around for 60 seconds for the paw pass to appear and that's literally it.

Spoony_Tech

I usually don't have to gather much because when I'm on hunts I will usually hit up any mining or bug spots I can. If I need the occasional rare item I'll do a few gathering runs but not too many.

MERG said:

TeeJay

Ah, well, persobally I love gathering quests. It's like getting a bunch of stuff for free without a monster to worry about.

dkxcalibur

Okay, I'm back with another question. How do I get quest to work with the streetpass function of the game? I figured out how to include a Palico but when I choose quest, it tells me I don't have any. Where/when do I get these quest? I was hoping to take advantage of the international streetpass week.

Edited on by dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.