Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 5,926

TeeJay

@JaxonH All right...I guess I'm just worried you'll blaze off and then one of the best hunters on the site won't be around when I finally get to where you are now...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH All right...I guess I'm just worried you'll blaze off and then one of the best hunters on the site won't be around when I finally get to where you are now...

p

I've still got a couple months left in me before I move on. We've got many hunts together ahead of us- trust me on that! The funnest part of the game is after you have access to all the quests and just build better armor/weapons. Once you clear G1/2/3 and start your scroll quests, you'll basically be where I am. You'll definite want an end game armor set though. Elder dragon sets have defense that starts anywhere from 106-120 per piece. And skills to match. Makes that Regios armor look hi rank in comparison. Best option though- and maybe this is something you'll look in to, is mixing sets. That's how the pros do it. You'll never have the skillets with full sets that you can attain through mixing armor pieces. Athena's ASS a is what you want (download on PC). Type in what talismans you have (just the best ones you'll be using) and what skills you want to have, and AA will tell you what armor pieces and decorations you need to do it (or whether or not it's even possible)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

Almost 200 hours in and still not G rank!

Could probably do another 50 before I do but it's time to move on up.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Spoony_Tech
It's good to move up to G. Because in G rank, everything you make is permanent. Talismans won't be outclassed, armor won't be outclassed, skills won't be outclassed, etc. All your time you invest will be used mining Creator and Legend talismans that you'll use the rest of your game, and crafting armor sets that last forever.

Do be aware that a lot of G rank is "Advanced" quests that come and go. And as of now, a lot of monsters are still missing a G quest (like Deviljho, Kirin, etc). I think they're releasing them in future DLC packs. But some monsters, if you need G rank parts- you'll have to get through a guild quest that's leveled up to 86+. Iggly ran into this problem yesterday when he needed a Devijho Crook but there's no Deviljho quest yet.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

I think the desire sensor in this game is messed up. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Astraea

You can fight G rank Deviljhos in Guild Quests. I actually have four of them. Maybe we can run a few if you want.

I've been trying to get materials from G rank Savage Deviljhos in the Everwoood but it's meticulously time consuming.

Astraea

JaxonH

Neptune wrote:

You can fight G rank Deviljhos in Guild Quests. I actually have four of them. Maybe we can run a few if you want.

I've been trying to get materials from G rank Savage Deviljhos in the Everwoood but it's meticulously time consuming.

Ya I have a Lv 120 Deviljho guild quest- we ranked it up to Lv 127 yesterday and Iggly got his Crook.

Astraea

I have one at level 132. Just a little more and I can get the award for increasing it to level 140.

Astraea

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH My problem with ranking up too soon is I feel like I will lose the challenge of high rank if I become a damage sponge in G rank doing high rank quests. So I want to do as many as I can so there is still challenge there before I move on. I'll feel like I'm cheating if I rank up too soon. I still have a good deal of high rank stuff to do and some monsters are still kicking my butt but I like the challenge this game provides. Sure I could use a high rank armor set and weapon but I doubt I would if I ranked up.

I guess that's also why I haven't gone online as much. I don't want higher ranks doing all the work and feel like I've only contributed like 15% of a 4 man team. I liked the hunting me and @Jazzer94 did as it still felt challenging and we had the same armor set. He had a little more defense then me but that was more fun then a 4 man team would've been getting through the guest in like 5 mins.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@JaxonH My problem with ranking up too soon is I feel like I will lose the challenge of high rank if I become a damage sponge in G rank doing high rank quests. So I want to do as many as I can so there is still challenge there before I move on. I'll feel like I'm cheating if I rank up too soon. I still have a good deal of high rank stuff to do and some monsters are still kicking my butt but I like the challenge this game provides. Sure I could use a high rank armor set and weapon but I doubt I would if I ranked up.

Oh definitely. I always do the vast majority of quests before ranking up. I just don't waste extra time farming armor/talismans knowing they'll be outclassed and therefore will only be temporary. But yeah, I typically have check marks to all my HR quests, with the exception of a few boring ones here and there. I even did all the egg-delivery quests. I think I still have like 2 unfinished HR10 caravan quests I've been meaning to get around to...

@Neptune
What reward do you get for finishing the quest through 140? Cause I also have a Lv127 Kushala Daora. Between your Deviljho, my Deviljho, and the Kushala, that's potentially 3 rewards. Question is, what are the rewards?

JaxonH

Haha, found a new armor piece to mix in place of Kushala chest- gives me

Evasion+3
Evade Extender
HG Earplugs
Sharpness+1
Speed Sharpening

And it doesn't need a 3-slotted weapon to do it! Just two! Idk if it looks better, but after tinkering with the pigment I got it looking decent enough- Narga navy and red/orange just isn't the best combination, but hey, it looks ok.

FattyWhale_42

Man, I can't find a group or randoms that can defeat Gogmazios. -_- I actually joined a room of people trying to beat it, but after we failed, half of them left, so I inherited the room. Then after another 3-4 tries — with various groups of people — we STILL couldn't find a way to beat the thing.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

JaxonH

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Man, I can't find a group or randoms that can defeat Gogmazios. -_- I actually joined a room of people trying to beat it, but after we failed, half of them left, so I inherited the room. Then after another 3-4 tries — with various groups of people — we STILL couldn't find a way to beat the thing.

Were you carting or were they? If you were carting, you should grind armor spheres until your defense is high enough that you can fight him without carting. And I'd practice solo (knowing you won't win) just to learn his move set so you're prepared enough to fight him without carting. Once you can do that, let me know and I'll ask @Iggly to join and we should be able to take him without any issues. Just get your defense up and practice. Not carting is imperative to a successful hunt.

Edited on by JaxonH

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH

They were (one guy triple-carted). Also, the only Armor Spheres that I need are all Divine. And trust me, after playing him for the last couple of hours, I'm fairly familiar with him now.

And that would be awesome. Just let me know when's a good time for you.

FattyWhale_42

JaxonH

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

@JaxonH

They were (one guy triple-carted). Also, the only Armor Spheres that I need are all Divine. And trust me, after playing him for the last couple of hours, I'm fairly familiar with him now.

And that would be awesome. Just let me know when's a good time for you.

Tomorrow after I get home from work. Even as maxed out as my character is, it's going to take more than just you and I to take down Gogmazios. Three is even pushing it. I have dense marcoal for the demolisher and Battlequarter ballista ammo. Hopefully if Iggly joins we'll only have to gamble on one random. When I helped him do his Gogmazios Urgent, we set the room to state "Need Rare Stuff" to draw in the top-tier hunters looking to grind an armor set. It seemed to work as only G crown hunters joined the room. So ya, I'll message you tomorrow around 4pm central time.

FattyWhale_42

Sounds good!

I'll be looking for your message tomorrow.

FattyWhale_42

Haru17

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Sounds good!

I'll be looking for your message tomorrow.

I can do gog with you if you'd like. Just reply with an open room code and I'm down.

He's not the hardest beast, everyone just has to dodge the oil vomit, fire beam, and front claw slam. The diving invincibility frames help a lot.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Iggly

Today must be my lucky day since I got two Gravios Palliums in a row while hunting with randoms, so I finally got to upgrade the Master Sword to its G-Rank form. The weapon is really good since it comes with 294 raw with 520 Fire Element once you awaken it, it has 15 affinity and 25 defense to accommodate for not being able to hone. It'll be a good Fire SnS to use until they release the G-Rank Gold Rathian DLC, but it'll still be useful after that DLC releases.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Zerodactyl

I got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate a couple of days ago and have seen people with Mario and Luigi Palicoes. Does anyone know how to get them (this is my first Monster Hunter game so I don't know much about it)?

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Eel

To get the Mario or Luigi Palico armor, you need to download the free DLC quest "red and green brothers" (may not be the exact name), beat the monsters there and you will get one or two mushrooms you can use to build the armor and weapon for your cats. You need about five or six mushrooms to complete one set.

@Iggly: Congrats! It took the game long enough.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.