Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 5,926

Iggly

Finished the Master's Test earlier, it was pretty tough though it was surprising when the Apex Deviljho immediately spawned after the Seregios's corpse disappeared. It also unlocks a Diva song which is nice, all I need now is the one you get from completing all of the G-Rank Arena Quests and the one you get from hunting a G-Rank Rusted Kushala Daora.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

So I went up against the low rank urgent caravan form of Rajang yesterday. Awesome monster and nice moves as well. I like variety. What I don't like was bringing an armor set -35 to thunder lol. Got karted twice but ended up killing him. After what he did I wasn't giving him the courtesy of a capture.

Just when I thought I was done with single player the guild quest keep opening up more. It's like it's never ending.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Morpheel wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Have yet to see a Rajang so I have no idea what I'm getting into lol.

You'll love him.

......lol.
Can't wait to see all the powerful monsters in apex form, dunno why they didn't include Elders.
By the way Tech, there is no low rank Rajang, that was high rank you fought.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Well I had to switch to low rank to access the quest so to me he was low rank even though I know better lol.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

I still don't know why they put those monsters in with the low rank quests, lol.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Spoony_Tech

I still have a silver check mark next to my rank 10 so I'm assuming there will be more to add to that as well.

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

Yeah Rajang is the first of the 4 I think, Brachy is there as well for some reason. lol
Also, I think the missing quests in Rank 10 are something else. Since the 4 appear on the urgent section. Maybe you knew that already and just pointing that out, I dunno...I'll shut up now. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Iggly

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I still have a silver check mark next to my rank 10 so I'm assuming there will be more to add to that as well.

You need to be G3 to get the rest of the Rank 10 Quests, so you might wanna get into G-Rank soon if you want to finish all of the Caravan quests.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Iggly wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

You need to be G3 to get the rest of the Rank 10 Quests, so you might wanna get into G-Rank soon if you want to finish all of the Caravan quests.

Good to know. I'm in no hurry lol.

MERG said:

JaxonH

Finished all the HR6 low rank quests to unlock rainbow pigment. I thought I only had two more quests to do but it turns out I had like 15. They just kept unlocking more! Got it done though.

I'm half way done with my 10th scroll for Crimson Fatalis. Can't wait to finish it and start working on the final scroll to unlock the hardest quest in the game- the "Monster Hunter" quest. Gonna take a team of experts for that one, seeing as you have to take on a Frenzied Tigrex, Super Zinoger + Frenzied Bracchydios, Super Chaos Magala and Extreme Seregios in the arena. I tried it before online with a few randoms. They triple carted within 5 minutes.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

Why is it that randoms are always...less skilled? Not that I'm super skilled but randoms seem to cart often.

Also @JaxonH I've seen you talk about "scrolls" more than a few times. What are they all about?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Once you finish the G3 Urgent with Gogmazios to graduate from G3 into crown rank, you are then assigned your first scroll. By completing quests you decipher letters on the scroll- harder quests decipher more letters (a G rank Teostra might decipher 4 letters but a low rank quest won't decipher any- it's a behind-the-scenes point based system with a numeric value assigned to each quest). Once all letters are deciphered you turn the scroll in at the Elder Hall and it unlocks the monster for that scroll, then you get the next scroll. The quests you unlock are found in the G3 category as "Advanced Quests". You'll unlock a Super Brachydios, Apex Seregios and Apex Rajang, Crimson Fatalis, a Ukanlos, Akantor, Super Chaos Gore, Molten Tigrex, a new Gogmazios quest, and 1 other I can't remember. Then the final 11th scroll unlocks the Monster Hunter quest.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

@JaxonH The "Monster Hunter quest"?

Um....hasn't every quest in the game been a Monster Hunter quest?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH The "Monster Hunter quest"?

Um....hasn't every quest in the game been a Monster Hunter quest?

Negative. This is the ultimate quest. You must take on 5 G-rank monsters- all Apex and Super versions. You WILL tremble in fear.

TeeJay

@JaxonH It's just kind of a strange name....it doesn't specify anything other than that you hunt monsters, which you've been doing the entire game...

So, what does one do after the "ultimate quest"?

Doesn't it take some of the fun out when you try and blaze through the game as quickly as possible?

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH It's just kind of a strange name....it doesn't specify anything other than that you hunt monsters, which you've been doing the entire game...

Doesn't it take some of the fun out when you try and blaze through the game as quickly as possible?

Who said anything about blazing through the game quickly? I'm 300+ hours in. That doesn't seem quick to me! I've done almost every quest in the entire game.

What else is there to do afterward? Get better armor, better talismans, mix new armor sets to create the ultimate set with the most top-tier skills you can squeeze into it, upgrade armor/weapons and max them out, hunt expeditions to unlock new guild quests, level up guild quests for Divine/True armor spheres, grind guild quests for the Relic armor/weapons and make different relic sets, unlock all the other Apex monsters and Golden Rajang quest, unlock Rainbow pigment (which I just did, as well as Apex Diablos and Apex Tidal Najarala), play the DLC quests, and, just keep hunting because it's fun.

Edited on by JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

That's why once I get to G rank I'll be collecting lots of different armor sets and weapons.

MERG said:

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Who said anything about blazing through the game quickly? I'm 300+ hours in. That doesn't seem quick to me! I've done almost every quest in the entire game.

What else is there to do afterward? Get better armor, better talismans, unlock all the other Apex monsters and Golden Rajang quest, unlock Rainbow pigment (which I just did, as well as Apex Diablos and Apex Tidal Najarala), play the DLC quests, mix new armor sets to create the ultimate set with the most top-tier skills you can squeeze into it, and, just keep hunting because it's fun.

When I say "quickly" I don't mean only doing the vital missions to rank up. I mean that it's only been 3 months since the game released and you've done nearly every quest in the entire game, like you said.

And you're right, there will be DLC, so there's that! And I guess you could concentrate on making a wide variety of top-tier armor and weapons.

EDIT: 2 months. The game released 2 months ago, my bad

Edited on by TeeJay

JaxonH

@TeeJay
It's only been 3 months, yes, but Ive been playing the game every day. Unless I "ration" how many hours I put into it every day just so it takes more months to beat it lol. In which case I would need to find something else to play in all that spare time- and I'd rather just be playing this. I put in 600 hours into MH3U before I finally moved on to someone else. Took about 6 months. Seems like I'm right on schedule to do the same here.

My thing is unlocking all quests and making the ultimate set with skills and defense. Right now, I've got a set with:
896 Defense
Evasion+3
Evade Extender
HG Earplugs
Sharpness+1
Windproof Hi

It's gonna be hard to top that, and I already have what is arguably the best talismans in the game (Hearing+5, Handicraft+7 OOO and Hearing+5 Evade Distance+6 OOO). BUT, I'm gonna go on Athena's ASS and see if I can make a new set that swaps out Windproof for Fencing or Sharpness, and maybe substitutes a double skill like Edgemaster for Sharpness+1. I also still need to hunt 5 more Tigrex to unlock it's Apex, 13 Zinogres to unlock it's Apex, and 21 Gravios to unlock it's Apex. I also need to hunt 23 more fanged beasts to unlock Golden Rajang.

So I've got quite a bit on my plate for the immediate future...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.