Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 5,926

Eel

He kicked our behinds.

But don't worry lol. We made a lot of progress today, I think we just need the last two we failed and tidal narajala.

Tigerstripe Zamtrios is hard....

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Iggly

Pretty close to finishing my Seregios Light Bowgun armor set, though I still need 5 more Gogmazios Offenders so I can finish off the arms. I'll probably need help with him tomorrow since he's that one monster where every random I hunt with triple carts non-stop.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Astraea

At what time? If it's at night I can get two of my friends to join in and we can farm for a bit.

Astraea

Iggly

Would 7 or 8 pm(Eastern) be fine? I usually can't stay up late during weekdays.

Astraea

Eh, 8 pm EST. I could get on sooner but I'll only have one friend with me at that time.

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

Joeynator3000

I bet I'm the only one who's having issues with Meownster Hunters...Seems near impossible to do anything at this point. T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Iggly

@Neptune Alright sounds good, just mention me when you're ready to hunt tomorrow.

Astraea

My Palicos have defeated many monsters that have dared challenge them (or so the award says). XD

Astraea

dkxcalibur

I'm still grinding that first Great Jaggi quest and I've yet to break the frill off. I've read on another site that the best way to get this part is to mount the Great Jaggi twice and the King's Frill should break. Any validity to this? I plan on giving this a try as I was not able to get it to break with the hunting horn. I might give the insect glaive a try because of the vaulting ability.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech

dkxcalibur wrote:

I'm still grinding that first Great Jaggi quest and I've yet to break the frill off. I've read on another site that the best way to get this part is to mount the Great Jaggi twice and the King's Frill should break. Any validity to this? I plan on giving this a try as I was not able to get it to break with the hunting horn. I might give the insect glaive a try because of the vaulting ability.

That should work as well but I use the great sword and break his head every time.

Ugh, randoms!!!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech wrote:

dkxcalibur wrote:

That should work as well but I use the great sword and break his head every time.

Ugh, randoms!!!!

Spoony,
I think my problem is that the Great Jaggi that I'm at is too weak and dies before I'm able to break his head. I was using only the weakest form of the hunting horn to try this last night. I'm going to give the insect glaive vault a try and if that doesn't work I'll give the great sword a go.
Thanks!

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Kaze_Memaryu

@dxcalibur Hunting Horns deal comparably low break damage (yes, that's actually a thing in Monster Hunter), so they're definitely not advised that early. Your best bet would be the Hammer (ironic, but it has much higher break damage), Great Sword, Gunlance, Switch Axe, or Charge Blade. Insect Glaive can do the trick as well if you exploit mounting to its fullest to hit the head with heavy attacks reliably.

Edited on by Kaze_Memaryu

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

dkxcalibur

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@dxcalibur Hunting Horns deal comparably low break damage (yes, that's actually a thing in Monster Hunter), so they're definitely not advised that early. Your best bet would be the Hammer (ironic, but it has much higher break damage), Great Sword, Gunlance, Switch Axe, or Charge Blade. Insect Glaive can do the trick as well if you exploit mounting to its fullest to hit the head with heavy attacks reliably.

I only tried the hunting horn because someone suggested that I try it yesterday. I was using the charge blade (I love that weapon, but still mastering charging the shield) until I switched to the horn. Like I said, I'm going to give the insect blade a try by exploiting the mounting and if that fails, I'll give one of the other weapons a try. I just need two frills and then I can move on.

dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech

dkxcalibur wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

I only tried the hunting horn because someone suggested that I try it yesterday. I was using the charge blade (I love that weapon, but still mastering charging the shield) until I switched to the horn. Like I said, I'm going to give the insect blade a try by exploiting the mounting and if that fails, I'll give one of the other weapons a try. I just need two frills and then I can move on.

Can you hop online for some help? Anyone of us can probably break the head in a few hits lol.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech wrote:

dkxcalibur wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Can you hop online for some help? Anyone of us can probably break the head in a few hits lol.

I'm currently @ work unfortunately but I may be able to jump on later tonight (I'm here for another 4 hours). I'll give it a try first with the insect glaive before I ask any of you guys to help me. I'm sure none of you want to fight this guy again.

dkxcalibur

Spoony_Tech

Lol, it will probably be a 1 minute fight so no worries. My fire Great Sword when I eat for attack has about 1000 attack power plus 620 fire. Most of us here don't mind at all and it can be frustrating to get that one item you need and even more so when you can't seem to break a part then you have zero chance.

MERG said:

dkxcalibur

Your skill with the HH are probably very solid whereas mine are probably lacking. I'm sure this is the reason for me not being able to do it. I'm actually excited to give the vault a try with the insect glaive......and if that fails, Spoony to the rescue!

dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur

It's time for my dumb question of the day:

Do I need to add you guys to my friends list on my 3DS in order play online? Most of my 3DS multiplayer action on other games are either local or with randoms.

dkxcalibur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.