Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 5,926

Iggly

I haven't been hunting much today, but I was able to finally upgrade my Seregios Light Bowgun to its final stage. I also honed my Kettleblower Deluxe for defence, it's pretty funny seeing the felyne have an orange aura. I plan on honing my Seregios Light Bowgun for Life, though I only have 2 Zenith Wyvern Gem L and I'm usually only getting regular ones so I may hunt with some people tomorrow so I can speed up the progress.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Eel

We'll be doing a triple monster hunt, anyone wanna join?

Edit:

Whoa that was a long hunt.

The Gravios was the hardest, the tigrex died way too fast and the brachy was just ok.

Good thing the lag wasn't that bad and we could finish the quest.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Guess not, at least I didn't kicked off that time...a lot of lag, though. I think my router is losing it, lol.
But yeah, Black Gravios kept teleporting and I had a hard time telling what he was going to do. Brute Tigrex seemed normal though, and we killed him quickly oddly enough, lol. But Brachy...he kept freezing in mid-pose while attacking, it was kinda funny. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

The brachy looked normal on my end, the tigrex did freeze and teleported around a little bit.

That Gravios though. That was full Vanellope.

You kept jumping around the place too, haha.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Anyways yeah, no clue what's going on, guessing my router is getting worse every day or something. Might have to try and get a new one at some point.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Spoony_Tech

Sanya wrote:

Anyways yeah, no clue what's going on, guessing my router is getting worse every day or something. Might have to try and get a new one at some point.

Do you ever reset the thing? Also how many other devices are on it?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sanya wrote:

Do you ever reset the thing? Also how many other devices are on it?

Ten bazillion times, lol.
I'm guessing last time was actually a server issue, (...er, wait...eh, whatever, lol) but yeah a couple of computers that are connected via ethernet (apparently the wired portion of the router works ok), while my Wii U, 3DS, my own computer, and my sister's laptop are wireless.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Iggly
I've found life to work better on weapons that do large damage per hit, since the amount healed is dependent on the raw damage output of the attack. Weapons like GS are perfect candidates, hunting horn and hammer see moderate healing, and everything else is less than a megapotions worth. Not sure how much you'd heal off a pellet from a bowgun, but I suppose even if it is marginally incremental every 5-10 seconds, if you're gunning you probably won't be getting hit much and can afford to let the healing build up over time.

Btw, I have Apex Rajang quest which is 90% chance of Zenith Wyvern Gem L if you wanna go for it tomorrow. That's how I got mine, well, him and Seregios.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Iggly

JaxonH wrote:

@Iggly
I've found life to work better on weapons that do large damage per hit, since the amount healed is dependent on the raw damage output of the attack. Weapons like GS are perfect candidates, hunting horn and hammer see moderate healing, and everything else is less than a megapotions worth. Not sure how much you'd heal off a pellet from a bowgun, but I suppose even if it is marginally incremental every 5-10 seconds, if you're gunning you probably won't be getting hit much and can afford to let the healing build up over time.

Btw, I have Apex Rajang quest which is 90% chance of Zenith Wyvern Gem L if you wanna go for it tomorrow. That's how I got mine, well, him and Seregios.

The reason I want to hone for Life is because I want to make this armor set for my Seregios LBG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pax_QP-MQ The healing helps me keep Peak Performance, especially if I only took tiny damage. Also I'd love to hunt Apex Rajang, though I should probably hone my Kushala Daora Insect glaive first when we hunt it so I can survive more attacks.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Iggly
No problem. Ya I don't even hunt if my weapon isn't honed anymore. I've just been going down the list, finishing upgrading all my weapons and honing them. I always go with defense personally- the +60 makes a pretty significant difference, buttheres a hidden skill that comes with defense- Divine Protection. And since it's not an armor/felyne skill, it stacks. So then I always eat for felyne defender hi, and usually 50% of the hits I take activate the skill.

I've been working on the Chaos Gore glaive. I really like the Chaos weapons- how the negative value of the dual affinity flips and stacks with the positive when you overcome the frenzy. A whopping 40% when you overcome the virus- that's huge- a 2/5 chance of 125% damage averages to be an extra 10% damage per swing, and on a glaive that's pushing 900 that takes it up to 1,000 when you're strengthened against the frenzy virus, plus another 90 dragon damage, and all that gets doubled with the triple Kinsect buff. I like it. I got the Hunting Horn too, just need to upgrade and hone it. Then I'ma get the long sword and hammer. Maybe even the greatsword. Get the whole collection!

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

Finally got a Dissenter...lol
Now it's bedtime, because my eyes are bothering me and I can't finish some other quest I started. TwT lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Astraea

A warning to anyone who attempts the last quest, "Monster Hunter". Make sure your defense is maxed out and be ready to fight frenzy monsters that do triple the damage. My team got wiped out by the first Frenzy Tigrex in the first four minutes... He was too strong.

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

JaxonH

Neptune wrote:

A warning to anyone who attempts the last quest, "Monster Hunter". Make sure your defense is maxed out and be ready to fight frenzy monsters that do triple the damage. My team got wiped out by the first Frenzy Tigrex in the first four minutes... He was too strong.

I tried that quest a few weeks ago- I was ok, and so was the guy who posted the room, but the other two kept triple carting. They'd leave, 2 more would come, and they'd triple cart too.

I'm ready to beat the quest though. If you have it unlocked, I say we go for it!

EDIT: Slept all day, up all night. Got 2 hours before I have to get ready for work. Anyone wanna hunt and is up (@TeeJay maybe...?) let me know

Edited on by JaxonH

dkxcalibur

I only had a chance to build my character on Friday night. Last night I was up late playing through first bunch of quest. I think I'm currently on 2 star quest???

Anyways, a few questions for you guys.

1. Should I be buying armor & weapons or should I concentrate on forging and upgrading?

2. Would you guys recommend that I play through all of the weapon training found under the one star quest? I started the first quest with the default sword and shield but after that quest I figured out how to switch weapons and chose the weapon I had the most fun using in the demo, the charge blade and I've been using it ever since.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Jazzer94

@dkxcalibur 1. Forging and upgrading as store only sells basic equipment.
2. Play till you find a weapon that feels right.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

JaxonH

@dkxcalibur
Charge blade is one if the harder weapons to master. But a really great weapon if you invest the time to learn it. I recommend watching this guide here to learn it's intricacies. This is the mobile link since I'm on my phone. If you want to view on PC, search "gaijinhunter charge blade tutorial" on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1LE1D5YSZM

Also recommend learning one or two other weapons as backup- Longsword, dual blades, hunting horn, hammer, insect glaive... All good choices. Not many lancers and gun lancers in this entry but those weapons are powerhouses if you take the time to learn them.

Also, once you craft an armor set (And for now I recommend crafting only full sets so as to get the skills that come with it- mixed sets can be used for the best armor and skill sets but you have to know what you're doing- I wouldn't worry about learning to mix sets until G rank) you can use armor spheres to upgrade the defense on each piece. This helps keep your defense up to date so you don't have to craft a more powerful armor set every other monster.

Focus on skills. Defense matters but skills are just as important. Skills like evasion can increase the invincibility period when dodging/rolling. Evade distance will increase the amount of ground you cover when dodging/rolling. Earplugs negates monster roars. As a charge blade user, here are some good skills you should be chasing- Evasion and Evade Distance (as explained above), Load Up (increases the number of phials in your charge blade), artillery (increases the impact damage from a number of things, including charge blades), and general skills that are good for any set like earplugs (explained above), any skill that has to do with sharpness (sharpness+1 adds a decent amount of color to your sharpness bar, many times taking you from blue to purple, sharpness halves the rate at which your blade dulls, and speed sharpening allows you to sharpen with one swipe instead of four), and many others too numerous to list.

I would craft an armor set right away (Great Jaggi, Tetsucabra, whatever you think has the skills that will serve you best- also weigh in the fact Tetsucabra will have higher defense than G Jaggi- you'll have to weigh the decision). I wouldn't invest too much in Low Rank armor though. You'll outgrow it soon anyways. While in low rank , I would recommend just crafting something with as high defense as you can get and skills that will help you, and upgrading it as far as it will go until you can make a high rank set (you may need to make another set in between).

EDIT: Also, you can find talismans from mining ore and from hunting box rewards sometimes. Always equip a talisman to help activate as many skills as possible. In case you don't know, a skill doesn't activate until you have 10 skill points. So you could have +9 in handicraft skill points but not have the skill. But add +1 and the Sharpness+1 skill activates from the 10pts in handicraft. Same goes for negative skills. Most full armor sets come with one activated negative skill, so -10 points in something. Let's say you had the negative skill Double Poison because you had -10 poison skill points. All you would have to do is add +1 in poison to raise it to -9, which means the negative skill will no longer be active. You do this by forging decorations ad equipping them in the empty slots on your armor, weapon, and talisman. You probably can't craft decorations just yet, but once you get to Harth I believe you unlock that ability.

Edited on by JaxonH

Vizard18

JaxonH wrote:

@dkxcalibur
Charge blade is one if the harder weapons to master. But a really great weapon if you invest the time to learn it. I recommend watching this guide here to learn it's intricacies. This is the mobile link since I'm on my phone. If you want to view on PC, search "gaijinhunter charge blade tutorial" on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1LE1D5YSZM

Also recommend learning one or two other weapons as backup- Longsword, dual blades, hunting horn, hammer, insect glaive... All good choices. Not many lancers and gun lancers in this entry but those weapons are powerhouses if you take the time to learn them.

Also, once you craft an armor set (And for now I recommend crafting only full sets so as to get the skills that come with it- mixed sets can be used for the best armor and skill sets but you have to know what you're doing- I wouldn't worry about learning to mix sets until G rank) you can use armor spheres to upgrade the defense on each piece. This helps keep your defense up to date so you don't have to craft a more powerful armor set every other monster.

Focus on skills. Defense matters but skills are just as important. Skills like evasion can increase the invincibility period when dodging/rolling. Evade distance will increase the amount of ground you cover when dodging/rolling. Earplugs negates monster roars. As a charge blade user, here are some good skills you should be chasing- Evasion and Evade Distance (as explained above), Load Up (increases the number of phials in your charge blade), artillery (increases the impact damage from a number of things, including charge blades), and general skills that are good for any set like earplugs (explained above), any skill that has to do with sharpness (sharpness+1 adds a decent amount of color to your sharpness bar, many times taking you from blue to purple, sharpness halves the rate at which your blade dulls, and speed sharpening allows you to sharpen with one swipe instead of four), and many others too numerous to list.

I would craft an armor set right away (Great Jaggi, Tetsucabra, whatever you think has the skills that will serve you best- also weigh in the fact Tetsucabra will have higher defense than G Jaggi- you'll have to weigh the decision). I wouldn't invest too much in Low Rank armor though. You'll outgrow it soon anyways. While in low rank , I would recommend just crafting something with as high defense as you can get and skills that will help you, and upgrading it as far as it will go until you can make a high rank set (you may need to make another set in between).

EDIT: Also, you can find talismans from mining ore and from hunting box rewards sometimes. Always equip a talisman to help activate as many skills as possible. In case you don't know, a skill doesn't activate until you have 10 skill points. So you could have +9 in handicraft skill points but not have the skill. But add +1 and the Sharpness+1 skill activates from the 10pts in handicraft. Same goes for negative skills. Most full armor sets come with one activated negative skill, so -10 points in something. Let's say you had the negative skill Double Poison because you had -10 poison skill points. All you would have to do is add +1 in poison to raise it to -9, which means the negative skill will no longer be active. You do this by forging decorations ad equipping them in the empty slots on your armor, weapon, and talisman. You probably can't craft decorations just yet, but once you get to Harth I believe you unlock that ability.

There's also even something about Charge blade that really gives you a superb block called ''Guard points'' ^_^

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

JaxonH

@Vizard17
Right. Gaijinhunter has a separate video for that, but it's recommended to learn the other mechanics first. I myself am actually planning to learn charge blade, but first I'm gonna learn to gun. Just made a nice Evasion+2, Evade Distance, Earplugs, Load Up, Trajectory gunner set and plan to main that for the next few weeks.

Edited on by JaxonH

Vizard18

JaxonH wrote:

@Vizard17
Right. Gaijinhunter has a separate video for that, but it's recommended to learn the other mechanics first. I myself am actually planning to learn charge blade, but first I'm gonna learn to gun. Just made a nice Evasion+2, Evade Distance, Earplugs, Load Up, Trajectory gunner set and plan to main that for the next few weeks.

True! And I wish you good luck and fun with learning the charge blade, once you get the hang of it It's a very very cool, and fun weapon ^_^.

The charge blade is the only weapon that I used in my entire monster hunter time xD, the only other weapons I used were the switch axe and the sword and shield because they had something familiar with them. But I only used them once and used charge blade all the time according to my guild card xD

Edited on by Vizard18

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.