Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 5,926

Astraea

I finally got the Felyne Hairband X today. The Zamtrios and the Tigerstripe Zamtrios arena is by far the worst arena quest in the game, worse than Triple Tigrex in my opinion.

Astraea

JaxonH

Haru17 wrote:

Query; how do you guys farm Strong armor spheres in G rank? I can only get 1-3 of them per gathering quest.

That's pretty good actually. When I got to G and was farming sometimes I'd get only one, sometimes none. Once you get to G2 and access dunes (night) like @MorphMarron said, they'll be a little easier to get (though still rare).

You can always hunt with someone else who has access to G2 quests and go mine the dunes (night). Also, you can get armor stones from the DLC Mohran quest in the Gathering hall. Low odds but I got a few my first try. Armor stones can be combined with ore to make armor spheres. Cosmicite and Allfire Stone make the Strong Armor Spheres, while Meldspar Ore and Flutterflies make Tru armor spheres. Divine are exclusive to guild quests though.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Neptune wrote:

I finally got the Felyne Hairband X today. The Zamtrios and the Tigerstripe Zamtrios arena is by far the worst arena quest in the game, worse than Triple Tigrex in my opinion.

Really? I always thought Tigrex was much harder to beat than Zamtrios, but then again, sometimes when you put two monsters together the dynamic changes everything. And Tigerstripe can be a pain so ya, I could see that one being a little tough...

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Kaze_Memaryu

@Haru17 Gathering with Palicoes at Dunes, Volcanic Hollow, and Heavenly Mount. Stand in front of a mining spot and wait a few seconds for my Palicoes to start gathering before going at it yourself for maximum ability. Use a dedicated Gathering Skill armor, and cycle through the whole map.
Alternatively, you can get some from polishing and converting armor, that nets you a few spheres, as well.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Haru17

Thanks for the tips! I didn't know you could polish and salvage armor like that.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Spoony_Tech

MorphMarron wrote:

What's a good armor set for gathering?

I kinda want one, even if it's low rank.

I use the high rank Obituary armor set. Gemmed in and up Gathering God and speed gatherer. Forgot to add it currently has 272 defense as well so you can hunt the occasional monster that might appear.

Also that silver rath i hunted was only 10 star caravan quest. It's still not easy by any means. There is some downright hard single player caravan quests.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haru17

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@MorphMarron I'd recommend the Leather set. It doesn't need anything rare to make, but has good gathering skills. You can get it for Low and High Rank.

Well, kelbi pelts.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Kaze_Memaryu

Haru17 wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@MorphMarron I'd recommend the Leather set. It doesn't need anything rare to make, but has good gathering skills. You can get it for Low and High Rank.

Well, kelbi pelts.

Pretty much every expedition has an area crammed with Kelbi, it's not hard to gather them. Takes about 20 minutes at best to get everything.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Eel

In the end I created a mixed armor set, partly based on one I found online but edited because I don't feel like getting all the materials for a part.

In the end, it has gathering God, speedy gathering and the skill that prevents the nets and pickaxes from breaking... And Draco defense +15 because that came with the talisman I used.

It looks ridiculous and has low defense, but I guess it works.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Vizard18

I finally completed my regios X set! Which extra skill should I put, I did guard boost. I Wanted to put Focus skill since I'm a charge blade user but that would screw up constitution xD

Edited on by Vizard18

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

JaxonH

Vizard17 wrote:

I finally completed my regios X set! Which extra skill should I put, I did guard boost. I Wanted to put Focus skill since I'm a charge blade user but that would screw up constitution xD

Load Up would be a good one if you're charge blade. But it's hard to get without a solid talisman and +3 decorations. Same for Sharpness+1. But those would be the two I would go after. Also, Speed Sharpening goes well with the Edge Lore. And HG Earplugs are ALWAYS a good skill to have. Oh, and evade extender is a solid choice.

So ya, there's a few good suggestions right there.

JaxonH

MorphMarron wrote:

In the end I created a mixed armor set, partly based on one I found online but edited because I don't feel like getting all the materials for a part.

In the end, it has gathering God, speedy gathering and the skill that prevents the nets and pickaxes from breaking... And Draco defense +15 because that came with the talisman I used.

It looks ridiculous and has low defense, but I guess it works.

I would create a Charm Farming set too. Cause you're approaching end game, which mean you're gonna need to start thinking about which skills you want in your permanent G rank set. Which means you're gonna need good Legend or Creator talismans (unless you wanna grind Lv140 guild quests for Graven Talismans). You need Rath Gleem from Gold Ian to make Charmer+1 decorations. With a Charmer talisman and some decorations you can easily get the +10 skill. With a Charmer+7 talisman that has 3 slots (which is actually pretty common in G rank) you can get all 10 just on the talisman. Combine that with the 10-slot Regios armor set, and you can gem in Charmer+20 (charm god skill).

Trust me, you want to start collecting talismans now that you have access to Enduring Charms. That's the key to a good skill set.

Eel

I do have been collecting some really good talismans thanks to the G rank quests.

And many very mediocre ones too. They're ok though, since I can sell them for good money.

Bloop.

Spoony_Tech

MorphMarron wrote:

I do have been collecting some really good talismans thanks to the G rank quests.

And many very mediocre ones too. They're ok though, since I can sell them for good money.

Don't sell them, meld them! You never know what you will get.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

MorphMarron wrote:

The low class talismans I sell, but the middle class talismans (King, Legend and Dragon) I use Frenzy Crystals to put in the melding pot for a chance at something good. You'll find out soon enough that Creator talismans have all the top skills, but, I've gotten some pretty dang good middle class talismans- I used to sport a triple slot Evasion+5 Dragon talisman, which after gemming in the slots became Evasion+9. I also got some double slotted Hearing, Fencing and Sharpness talismans from that group.

Eel

I know I can fuse them (and do every now and then) but I kinda need the money and ran out of akantor scales to sell xD

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.