Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,721 to 2,740 of 5,926

Jazzer94

Spoony_Tech wrote:

So sorry but I'm out as well. I would love to do it though as I've yet to try. Heard the last monster is quite the pain though.

Thats fine, though I was talking about the sword quest not armour (that one sounds way to hard).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Spoony_Tech

Ah, didn't realize that was the armor.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Why oh why internet did you have to drop connection at that point.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

JaxonH

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Hy8ogen Cool (that was a faster reply then I expected), we probably need another person.
@Spoony_Tech
@MorphMarron
@Jaxon
@Sanya
@Iggly
Hall ID: 61-1990-7491-5119 PW: 3333

Sorry, didn't get the message otherwise I would've helped! (left off the H after Jaxon--- JaxonH).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

I seem to have reached an impasse with my HBG on a couple Guild 7 quests.

Even though I've done everything I can to get my attack/damage up, I can't seem to beat either "Teostra Tangle", or "Storm Front" within the allotted time limit.

I know both monsters are weak to certain elements/techniques, but the only HBG's I have/can make at the moment, are considerably weaker (like almost 150 points) than the HBG I'm using now.

So my question(s) is(are): Is there just something I'm missing? Is it almost impossible to beat these missions with the HBG solo?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

JaxonH

@FattyWhale_42

Sounds like you need to upgrade your weapon. Hunt whatever monsters/gather whatever materials you need to upgrade. If you can't, maybe one if your other weapons can be upgraded. Of course, upgrading takes time to grind the materials you need if you don't already have them, but that's the name of the game. And there's no reason you shouldn't be able to kill a monster in 20 min or less. When it takes FIFTY minutes and you STILL can't kill em, I think it's safe to assume your weapon in extremely underpowered for where you're at in the game

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

I'm sure they can be beat or at least made to run away solo, you just need better equipment and good reflexes.

They're pretty hard though, even in a team of 3 we almost failed against the Kushala Daora.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

@FattyWhale_42
Ya keep in mind the online quests are tougher than offline. So that will factor in as well. I usually try to keep my weapons strong enough to be able to solo the online quests, but it will definitely take longer than the offline. And those elder dragons can be a real challenge online to solo.

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH

That's the thing, I don't know how to get the materials needed for a better weapon until I reach G-rank/Guild 8.

Also, if I had 50 min. then I wouldn't have any issues beating them, my problem is I only have 35 min. for both those quests.

I'm using the Monodevilcaster+ with Power Barrel and the Limiter taken off, so... if I can make a better HBG right now, I'm not aware how.

@MorphMarron

Well, I'm sure it would be easier if I wasn't trying to do it solo.

@JaxonH

Right, I'm aware of that. I know I'm close to taking them down, but it's so close that I was just making sure I wasn't missing (which is entirely possible considering this is my first MH game) something.

Thanks for your replies though.

Edited on by FattyWhale_42

FattyWhale_42

TsunamiSensei

@FattyWhale_42 Your problem is that you're doing gathering hall quests solo. Unlike in 3U, they do not scale for one hunter. Those quests are meant to be done with 2-4 players, and as the HBG is not the best weapon for solo play, you're gonna have some trouble.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

JaxonH

@FattyWhale_42

Well, you can buy armor charm and craft armor talon if you haven't yet done so. That'll up your attack some. Then bring 5 Mega Demon Drugs/Might Pills to further increase attack. Then go buy some attack decorations and gem in attack up S, M or L (whatever you can manage). Would say bring traps but if they're elder dragons there's no point. Also bring psychoserum to help you find them right away (saves time which means more time dealing damage). And bring most powerful ammo you can muster. Then eat for felyne weakened skill to hopefully give monsters less HP. Make sure your palicos have strong gear and weapons, and make sure their armor is for targeting Large monsters first. That'll increase damage too. Then bring poison ammo (or craft poison throwing knives with toadstools you bring- IF quest gives you throwing knives) to poison monsters, and take advantage if any elemental weaknesses.

With a little luck, that should be more than enough to finish them off in time.

EDIT: Oh, and bring 5 flash bombs to stun them. Time with monster stunned means less time being chased around which means more time dealing damage.

Edited on by JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

@JaxonH

That's the thing, I don't know how to get the materials needed for a better weapon until I reach G-rank/Guild 8.

Also, if I had 50 min. then I wouldn't have any issues beating them, my problem is I only have 35 min. for both those quests.

I'm using the Monodevilcaster+ with Power Barrel and the Limiter taken off, so... if I can make a better HBG right now, I'm not aware how.

@MorphMarron

Well, I'm sure it would be easier if I wasn't trying to do it solo.

Do you have a cat that can put the monsters to sleep? If not do you have a decent weapon to do so yourself? Bomb them if so! Start thinking outside of the norm If you can.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

FattyWhale_42

@TunnelSnacksRule

My friend and I were supposed to play this game together, but she didn't like it (even though it was her idea ) so I got left to play it alone. xD

@JaxonH

About the only thing you mentioned that I don't already do/use, is Mega Demon Drug (I use the regular Demon Drug(s) all the time though). Every HBG that has Poison, is either significantly weaker than the one I have, or I can't make it yet. And I can't ever seem to poison large monsters with the Poison Bombs.

@Spoony_Tech

Same problem as with the Poison ammo/bombs: Too massive of a damage trade-off. But good recommendations.

Thanks again guys.

FattyWhale_42

MisterMan

If anyone wants to knock out a couple key G3 quests I'm at: 52-1281-0426-1491

EDIT: I'm not at the Urgent Quest "Slay Gogmazios" waiting patiently for some help. I've helped a few others with this quest, hopefully I'll get some in return.
EDIT: Got it done with the help of some fine folks.
So when do I start "honing" weapons?

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

Jazzer94

I can safely say that after spending like 4hrs fighting stygian zinogre to get umbrage I could happily never fight one again.

JaxonH wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Hy8ogen Cool (that was a faster reply then I expected), we probably need another person.
Spoony_Tech
MorphMarron
Jaxon
Sanya
Iggly
Hall ID: 61-1990-7491-5119 PW: 3333

Sorry, didn't get the message otherwise I would've helped! (left off the H after Jaxon--- JaxonH).

My bad, I typed that out extremely fast.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Kaze_Memaryu

Going hunting for that glorious G-Rank! Anyone in here willing to lend a hand? I need the entire 7★ line of key quests done.
I'll create the room.

Hall ID:43-4256-0052-8970
Pass: 2828

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

JaxonH

I'll be home and online in about half an hour. I'm at end game now and just wanna hunt some monsters for fun. Maybe run through non key G rank quests or something.

Anyone just wanna go hunt?

MisterMan

@JaxonH I'm down to hunt. I'd like to hit up some non-key G1 quests that allow you to trade more at the Wycoon

MisterMan

JaxonH

MisterMan wrote:

@JaxonH I'm down to hunt. I'd like to hit up some non-key G1 quests that allow you to trade more at the Wycoon

Sounds good. Been needing to do food quests myself, although I'm not sure which ones they are. I checked every single quest I haven't done both on and offline and couldn't find any from the chef. And I've unlocked pretty much all the quests, up to the 5th or 6th scroll quest.

Edited on by JaxonH

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.